PDA

View Full Version : How to "search" ???

philskene
February 10th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Guys --

I could appreciate some help here.

I've had a PM and I know that I've responded to a similar question before in the Forums.

But for the life of me I can't get the Search function to find what I'm looking for.

One search criteria word is "dependencies" by me, "philskene".

Has anyone nutted out the new search function? Can anyone suggest how I might find all the posts by "philskene" that include "dependencies"? Or better still, "missing dependencies"?

Phil

clam1952
February 10th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Search results are missing between July and I think December, I know Spiffy is looking into this, hopes to have it sorted on Monday, if we are lucky!

Dermmy
February 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM
The best search engine for the forum was always Google Advanced Search (http://www.google.com.au/advanced_search) with the site/domain option restricted to the forum...

rweber95
February 11th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Click Advanced Search under the search box on the menu bar. In the Search In section Search Types: check Posts and Forums. In the Seach For section set Keyword(s): to dependencies and User Name: philskene then click the Search Now button. I get 49 hits.

Bob Weber

philskene
February 11th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Andy -- thanks. I hadn't thought about using the Google advanced search function. Good suggestion.

Bob -- thanks, too. Unfortunately it still does not bring up the post I'm looking for. Most of those listed in the results date back to before I was born.

The post I'm looking for was a detailed description of using Content Manager to download missing dependencies. It seems to have disappeared into cyberspace.

"Search results are missing between July and I think December, I know Spiffy is looking into this, hopes to have it sorted on Monday, if we are lucky!" Hope so.

Phil