PDA

View Full Version : how to cancel content manager TS12

dstelley
February 9th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I probably managed to mess my TS12 version. (latest patch)
Using my content manager I was looking for signals that weren't working. Bottom line I think I installed way too many items.
Now when I open content manager there are some 27,000 out of date items in that tab.
So, making things worse I highlighted them all and chose to download, or update or whatever the choice was.
at that point I figured I'd leave well enough alone and let it do what it needs to do.
Nope.
Content manager stopped responding. rebooting allows me to restart it but it tries to continue. repairing the database did no good.

I have 2 choices (help me if there are more.)
uninstall trainz and start over.
live with it and hope it cures itself.

HELP!!!

shaneturner12
February 9th, 2012, 10:39 AM
If you are quick enough, clear the Download Helper list by clicking the Clear button. That will stop any that are not currently being downloaded.

Shane

dstelley
February 9th, 2012, 03:08 PM
tried for a while now. No good. Is there a command line or other way to stop the downloads? within a couple seconds of launching the content manager it goes to (not responding) and I lose control

shaneturner12
February 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Not to what I'm aware of, but if you can disable the internet connection temporarily, you may be able to stop it for long enough to clear the list.

Shane

dstelley
February 9th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Good idea. I'm backing up the game directory now, if this doesnt work I'll reinstall, repatch and continue on. I've learned much since starting and doubtless dont need all the things I thought I did.
I'll post the results.

shaneturner12
February 9th, 2012, 03:55 PM
It's what I'd do if I was in that situation.

I look forward to the results.

Shane