PDA

View Full Version : Trains are fun

amrail2000
February 7th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Ok all complaining aside. Between real world models and TRAINZ this hobby of ours is just very enjoyable. So both TRAINZ and real world model have their draw backs, but in the long run the enjoyment is well worth it. In the real world I model two different scales and can carry just about any thing you can think about. In trainz I do carry everything. At this I'm building a Kibri Liebherr LTM Space save crane. In trainz I have three routes in the works. Not to mention providing support for N3V and several other content suppliers . I have been able to meet some very nice people and some I would like to choke.
So of the guys on here I have become very good friends with. I have also been able to enjoy some very good content as well. I have had some such as Bendorsey,Euphod,Yukonzoom,Philskene, and others blow my mind with their content. No matter if we may bicker once in a while, these are very nice people. I have also seen posts that seemed like should have been posted on Facebook. So what's my point? Just my way of thanking every content creator out there for all of their hard work. Also to get away from all the complaints that surface. Now it's time to go work on that crane as I have another waiting to get built.
Run Eight
SAXRT1
Owner SAXT Global Services

cascaderailroad
February 7th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I had written a Thank You post (prior to the AutoSave feature, in the old forum) ... and had a paragraph written out ... and pressed the wrong KB key and Kablooie ... it went off into cyberspace.

Yes ... the list of extremely talented creators here is many, many thousands of creators.

And thankful I am that many Auran employee's worked so hard to originally create the game, and N3V is keeping it going with their great endevors.

Lets raise a glass to Asset Creators and N3V ... Yea Team !

Euphod
February 8th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Yep, I agree with both of you gentlemen, that's why I've remained here this long. My association with Trainz has actually lasted longer than my first (and only) marriage.

Maybe there's a relationship there....?:hehe:

korikovaVL80
February 8th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Yep, I agree with both of you gentlemen, that's why I've remained here this long. My association with Trainz has actually lasted longer than my first (and only) marriage.

Maybe there's a relationship there....?:hehe:

Wait a second... This is hillarious! Did you leave your wife because of Trainz??? (You don't need to give out any personal information but I know a guy who got rid of his wife just to keep a model train set)

gearhead2578
February 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I agree guys, it's good to hear some positive around here!
@ Ed - Trainz and wives have a lot in common, for example, they both complain and sit right down if you expect them to work too hard (or properly). Trainz, however, is easier on the wallet - and no matter what happens it will always be there when you're ready to come back! Oh yeah one more - Trainz actually supports and helps fulfill your fantasies:hehe::p

Mike

mezzoprezzo
February 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM
~snip~ Trainz and wives have a lot in common ...~snip~

.. but do you really need a new version every two years?:hehe:

cascaderailroad
February 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Keep all your versions separate ... at the most, have only one version in any given US time zone.

Some versions have better Draw Distance (the farther away ... the better they look).

My first version, was just a total PITA.

gearhead2578
February 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM
.. but do you really need a new version every two years?:hehe:
:hehe:Sometimes........ The one I got has faulty assets. The cleaning.gs file AND the cooking.gs both have exceptions in driver, so neither work at all!

Oh and Cascade.... I learned a long time ago to keep the sliders turned waaaay down and the good weather fog all the way up with a bottle of bourbon - keeps things kinda fuzzy and easier on the eyes:hehe:

bl4882
February 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Hi Amrail,

How sane of you your post is. Let's see how long until you are burnt to a crisp by flamers.

In all seriousness, V-scale is the medium in which all of your dreams can come true. There are "virtually" no limits!

Bernie

BTW Gearhead, Vodka works almost as well as bourbon.
BL

amrail2000
February 8th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I've been burned on here more times than I care to count. But I keep coming back as I've also met some very nice people here.

korikovaVL80
February 9th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I agree guys, it's good to hear some positive around here!
@ Ed - Trainz and wives have a lot in common, for example, they both complain and sit right down if you expect them to work too hard (or properly). Trainz, however, is easier on the wallet - and no matter what happens it will always be there when you're ready to come back! Oh yeah one more - Trainz actually supports and helps fulfill your fantasies:hehe::p

Mike

A wife can also do that... And in Tatarstan women are not allowed to ask for money (my mother taught me this), maybe it's different in the USA.

I suggest it's better to search for a job as a train driver (in real life) which I did, but sadly mine came up with a very bad salary. But, it was a dream of mine. Train drivers here say that they have to find a woman who is interested in trains... haha...

Trainz is good for entertainment, but isn't driving a real train, the biggest dream for all of you in this forum?

kws4000
February 9th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Trainz is good for entertainment, but isn't driving a real train, the biggest dream for all of you in this forum?

If it wasn't, I'd be a monkey's uncle!

cascaderailroad
February 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Train driver jobs are very hard to come by in the US ... even a subway, trolley or bus driver, there are hundreds, or thousands, of applicants for just one driver position.

Bad eyesight, colorblindness ... etc ... will bar one from employment on the whole system (even office work).

RRSignal
February 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM
A wife can also do that... And in Tatarstan women are not allowed to ask for money (my mother taught me this), maybe it's different in the USA.

I suggest it's better to search for a job as a train driver (in real life) which I did, but sadly mine came up with a very bad salary. But, it was a dream of mine. Train drivers here say that they have to find a woman who is interested in trains... haha...

Me? No. While the concept of driving a train is fun, the actual job, at least in the U.S., is not for everyone. The commuter guys (SEPTA and NJ Transit) tell me they often work 6 or 7 day work weeks, and often in swing shifts (meaning any shift). It's better on the Amtrak side, which is why people seek those jobs. Freight, well, we have one friend of the family who was on the Santa Fe and didn't have much good to say about the job, including the hours, and is now a lawyer.

Of course, some people fall out of favor with a job only after being in it for awhile, as I did with flying. And for some people, even a tough job in a train crew is satisfying despite the rough work rules and conditions that go along with it. Fortunately, I'd say most of the engineers I've met like their job, warts and all.

gearhead2578
February 10th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I'd love to get the chance to be an engineer, but (especially now) you can't get in if you've got the slightest blemish on your past - I had a chance to go work for BN before the merger with Santa Fe, but didn't have my high school diploma (just a GED) and my driver's license was messed up. Funny thing is, the guy who was my "in" had quite a bit of seniority in the yard and he could barely read and write. I could only imagine how hard it'd be now since the patriot act - I got barred from doing construction the Air Force's base at Groom Lake (area 51) because my credit wasn't good enough..... wow

Thai1On
February 10th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Finding Trainz was a dream come to for an expat living and working in Thailand. Having my model trains here was not an option factoring in shipping costs, space, and the lack of hobby shops here in the northeast part of the country. Now I can run superpower steam locomotives I could only dream of buying and operating in HO scale. I now have 200 miles of track laid and almost finishing up the southern most end of the line of my fictional route and again I could never think of this in HO. After that just another 100 mile on the north side of the route then the fun really begins... scenery! Even my students enjoy seeing the railroad coming together and it helps to get them to ask questions using their English skills to ask about things they see on the route. There is a downside though, my wife calls this sim/addiction my "mia noi" a.k.a. minor wife/mistress http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/doh.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

cascaderailroad
February 10th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I agree ... If I took my Trainz route ... and created it in HO, it would take up an entire basketball court, maybe a football field

korikovaVL80
February 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
If that's so, that you need an education for to be train driver it is not necessarily true here. I was never allowed to elementary or secondary school when I was a child, but still I got sent to work on a commuter train here in Kazan, because I could not get another work...

But normally, in Russia you need university education sadly.

mezzoprezzo
February 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM
~snip~ There is a downside though, my wife calls this sim/addiction my "mia noi" a.k.a. minor wife/mistress ~snip~

This seem to be a world wide problem. My wife calls it, "The other woman".:eek:

Euphod
February 10th, 2012, 05:06 PM
This seem to be a world wide problem. My wife calls it, "The other woman".:eek:

My wife calls it "the reason we got divorced", but I know that anything that brought me joy would have been met with the same hostility!

gearhead2578
February 11th, 2012, 01:40 AM
My wife calls it "the reason we got divorced", but I know that anything that brought me joy would have been met with the same hostility!
Well then I'd call it freedom:D I'm fortunate my wife accepts my "other wife" (trainz) and even pretends to be interested, but then again, she's kind of a nerd:p At least I'm on a sim and not at the bar these days - she figured out after a few years of marriage that we both need other things in our free time besides each other, everybody does, or there gets to be some resentment. Where do ya think the term "ball and chain" comes from? I love her to death, but I gotta have my trainz and my harley.......

korikovaVL80
February 11th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Seriously this makes me so sad... Growing old with someone is better than growing up alone with trainz... And die that way...

cascaderailroad
February 11th, 2012, 08:28 AM
My GF, and all her friends, went to Disney Resorts ... and left me home all alone, pet sitting with all her friends 9 Dawgs' ... and our 3 Katz' ... Wimmiz' ... Who needs em' ... I been playin' Trainz the whole time they been gone ... Wheeeeeeeeeeee !

Euphod
February 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Are 3 cats suitable entertainment for 9 dogs? Survey says....yes!

cascaderailroad
February 11th, 2012, 08:59 AM
And Yeungling ! YUM !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB4a1HIpjmA&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB4a1HIpjmA&feature=related)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pocAm4c1AlI&feature=related
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pocAm4c1AlI&feature=related)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvSfIE9gBhI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXlsqPjGMf4&feature=related

amrail2000
February 11th, 2012, 07:47 PM
agreed YUM

gearhead2578
February 12th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Seriously this makes me so sad... Growing old with someone is better than growing up alone with trainz... And die that way...

You're right about that, but if you have a wife who's opposed to anything that makes you happy you'll not only grow old together, but also miserable, bitter, and resentful. Better it ends sooner rather than later. I've got 20 years with mine and counting - even though I joke around about it I'm happy with her (most of the time). She also knows how to give me a little room to run, and I give her the same.

korikovaVL80
February 12th, 2012, 01:53 AM
You're right about that, but if you have a wife who's opposed to anything that makes you happy you'll not only grow old together, but also miserable, bitter, and resentful. Better it ends sooner rather than later. I've got 20 years with mine and counting - even though I joke around about it I'm happy with her (most of the time). She also knows how to give me a little room to run, and I give her the same.

Well you're right, most girls and women don't understand this train simulator/ model train thing. I also had a hard time understanding why my brother was playing Flight Simulator like 6 hours a day, I was thinking like... Is he a nerd?

Now, as I drive train in real life I get more and more interested in the subject, and don't think train simulator is as boring my "friends" say it was, it's fun, if you like trains. So neither a husband, or wife should interfear with this kind of hobby, unless your driving 12 hours a day? :D

Also it's a matter of different opinions from different persons views, as I'm only 20 and female, while others in this forum may be in their 50s and are males, there can be a slight difference, as most people get bored of being with the same person for years.

gearhead2578
February 13th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Well you're right, most girls and women don't understand this train simulator/ model train thing. I also had a hard time understanding why my brother was playing Flight Simulator like 6 hours a day, I was thinking like... Is he a nerd?

Now, as I drive train in real life I get more and more interested in the subject, and don't think train simulator is as boring my "friends" say it was, it's fun, if you like trains. So neither a husband, or wife should interfear with this kind of hobby, unless your driving 12 hours a day? :D

Also it's a matter of different opinions from different persons views, as I'm only 20 and female, while others in this forum may be in their 50s and are males, there can be a slight difference, as most people get bored of being with the same person for years.

Ah, not boredom, but balance for the longevity of a relationship. We all have to have some of our own time - we don't own each other's every minute (That got abolished in my country around 1861 :hehe:) I guess all I'm saying is Ed had a typical situation on his hands and if that's how she felt then as we say here "don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya" Trainz is more of an addiction to any rail fanatic and is almost the most fun you can have in the house with your clothes on:Y:

korikovaVL80
February 13th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Ah, not boredom, but balance for the longevity of a relationship. We all have to have some of our own time - we don't own each other's every minute (That got abolished in my country around 1861 :hehe:) I guess all I'm saying is Ed had a typical situation on his hands and if that's how she felt then as we say here "don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya" Trainz is more of an addiction to any rail fanatic and is almost the most fun you can have in the house with your clothes on:Y:

What about running naked in the city? That's a whole lot of more fun :D

gearhead2578
February 13th, 2012, 11:24 AM
wow.....yeah......ok:D

Euphod
February 13th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I've got 20 years with mine and counting - even though I joke around about it I'm happy with her (most of the time). She also knows how to give me a little room to run, and I give her the same.

You are deeply blessed.

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Steamboat's Guide for Trainz Happiness......
1. Buy her a computer of her own.
2. Get high speed internet. She likes to play too. Also functional for tracking down misplaced teenagers. (They just can't stay off-line!).
4. Several weekend getaways each year. Don't bring another laptop!
5. Insure she spends several weeks each year at a remote Carribean Island, with a man of salacious reputation. Preferably someone you know well!
6. Frequent offerings of cheap boxed wine and flowers on Valentines Day help a lot, too.
7. ALWAYS make sure the snowblower works BEFORE the first 6 inch snowfall!
Results:
Dinner served at the computer while nursing that 100 car freight thru Marias Pass!
A plate full of heart shaped home-made brownies, this time of year!

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Steamboat's Guide for Trainz Happiness......
1. Buy her a computer of her own.
2. Get high speed internet. She likes to play too. Also functional for tracking down misplaced teenagers. (They just can't stay off-line!).
4. Several weekend getaways each year. Don't bring another laptop!
5. Insure she spends several weeks each year at a remote Carribean Island, with a man of salacious reputation. Preferably someone you know well!
6. Frequent offerings of cheap boxed wine and flowers on Valentines Day help a lot, too.
7. ALWAYS make sure the snowblower works BEFORE the first 6 inch snowfall!
Results:
Dinner served at the computer while nursing that 100 car freight thru Marias Pass!
A plate full of heart shaped home-made brownies, this time of year!

Most of your advice is good to these these men. But personally as I'm a girl and I wouldn't like to eat with the computer watching a freight train... I like trains but if a man made me that, I would be piseed!

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Korikova, please take no offence, as none is intentended. I'm a simple male who lives and thinks like one.
Babushka and I have spent many years together and broken bread face to face more times than I can count. I can understand that young people would feel the way you do, and rightly so.
No, I don't make home-made, heart-shaped brownies; and I'm certainly pleased to know you wouldn't expect that.
A gift of home-made cabinetry, or book cases or clothes trees or tables is more what my simple offering are. Even with hearts cut into them.
And you just have to understand......................................I gotta get that train thru that Pass!

gearhead2578
February 14th, 2012, 02:34 AM
HAHA Me too! And she still brings it!! Although I skip numbers 5-7 (5. driving route 66 with the top down does wonders 6. Neither of us like valentine's day, she gets flowers "just because" at random 7. It doesn't snow here) Nice one Steamboat, you about got it nailed down:D

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Korikova, please take no offence, as none is intentended. I'm a simple male who lives and thinks like one.
Babushka and I have spent many years together and broken bread face to face more times than I can count. I can understand that young people would feel the way you do, and rightly so.
No, I don't make home-made, heart-shaped brownies; and I'm certainly pleased to know you wouldn't expect that.
A gift of home-made cabinetry, or book cases or clothes trees or tables is more what my simple offering are. Even with hearts cut into them.
And you just have to understand......................................I gotta get that train thru that Pass!

Very funny... Since babushka means grandmother in Russian.

You can get the train trough there... But not on valentines day? So far as I know, no woman want's to watch a sim train on the screen (in case she isn't interested in trains). And most women aren't :)

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 03:22 AM
When I said babushka, I meant babushka. Where's the humor?

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 03:23 AM
When I said babushka, I meant babushka. Where's the humor?

That you possibly called your wife for babushka :D

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 03:26 AM
My wife is babushka! A term of respect, I believe!
If I called her Babja, I can see your issue. But I didn't!

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 03:30 AM
My wife is babushka! A term of respect, Ibelieve!

In Russia a man sometimes call their wife babushka when they get old, boring and angry. :)

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 03:34 AM
I'm of Polish decent. It has a mixed meaning, I beleive.
On the other hand, ......................................
Isn't it a term of endearment? Much like calling the kids brats (little sausages!)?

amrail2000
February 14th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Well let's get's this back on track. One of the three routes I'm working on is located in Fostoria Ohio. Part of the route will take the driver(engineer) right past the new CSX Intermodal facility in North Baltimore. On the home front, I'm currently expanding the N scale layout. Like I said when I started this. Trains are fun. On one my recent adventures to the local rail yard, I was on a unused side road, when around the curve I meet a CSX AX6000. I have never put a car in reverse so fast in my life. Long story, I got the car parked and got my shots. Also I got tour of the AC6000. I just didn't have the heart to tell the crewman that I used to operate those engines. But like I said, trains are fun.

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 04:30 AM
My apolies fo ripping off your thread, but it was going silly no matter what!
Regards

amrail2000
February 14th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Nah no need to apologize. I meant it to be silly. I got tired of the useless complaining and decided to lighten the mood. From what I see it worked. I know you guys gave me a laugh.

cascaderailroad
February 14th, 2012, 04:51 AM
My little ol' Babooshka' is comming home from a 14 day Disney Resorts vacation this afternoon ... the house is an absaloot' wreck, 9 Dawgs & 3 Kats trashed the areas (I dint' do nothing ... nobody saw me do it ... and that's my story, an I'm stickin' with it), the kicthen has every dish, plate, and eating utensil dirty, in a dirty sink, the kitchen floor is a tan muddy color to it (it used to be a white tile floor) there is a shreaded sofa pillow, sofas & chairs with muddy paw prints on them (they aren't my paw prints) there is a giant fur/dust bunnie under the cawfee' table, that I swear has eyes, everthing has food grease on it (even the PC mouse, which I had to take apart and clean the scroll wheel with windex), the fridge has a blue/green spiney sea urchin thingy living in the food hydrator drawer (I swear it blinked at me), there's a hole in the wall (man I'm gonna' need a whole bunch of spackle) ... she's gonna kick me in my little ol' Babooska' when she gets home. My son, Wreck"O"Mends to me that: I start drinking heavily ... an' denying everything ! Cover up all vital sensitive areas, duck for cover when she takes a swing at me, or run ! :hehe: It's a real Animal House ! Food Fight !!!

Trainz was fun ... now the fun is over ... Hey, Hey, Hey ... Here She Comes, Back Home !

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Nah no need to apologize. I meant it to be silly. I got tired of the useless complaining and decided to lighten the mood. From what I see it worked. I know you guys gave me a laugh.

For some reason, I have the weird mentality to mess up/derail every thread I see by mistakes/random things, along with the guys "from the other side of the planet" :confused:

And cascadelirailroad, what did you seriously take as a drink? :D

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 05:08 AM
kurikova, you did vey well, considering the old grumps your dealing with.
Those guys from the 'other side of the planet' are not that diastant!
Cascade has been known to to drink vodka on occasion!

cascaderailroad
February 14th, 2012, 05:10 AM
I kant' ... I gotta' drive ... an' pick her up at the airport ... Uh Oh ... Stuffz about to hit the fan !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Vz5gm9k00

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 05:23 AM
2 icebreakerrs, 1 destroyer, and 3 marines have been dispathed. Hang in there; help on the way!
COMFSP

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 05:27 AM
2 icebreakerrs, 1 destroyer, and 3 marines have been dispathed. Hang in there; help on the way!
COMFSP

Haha... You two should be comedians! There is vodka in my home, a whole broken fridge :)

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I have tomato juice in the frdge (mine works) and celery in the veggie binn; the wodka; that's sitting on the counter, daring me to sip!
Maybe another day
Babushka and I give regards to all

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Vodka makes people horny and drunk, it's so funny!

Is babushka helping you with the forum? :D

amrail2000
February 14th, 2012, 06:15 AM
cascade my friend you just put me the floor laughing. You guys are a riot. Please let's keep this up. now this is getting fun. +1 to all of you who. Now where did I put that shot glass. CASCADE???

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Kow see what youv've done!
It's your fault kurikova! Fess up to it..............

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 06:30 AM
lol same here :D

my fault...? :eek: what about the other vodka drinkers?:o

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Babushka is just wakiing up, itt's close to 6 am hre' No she stays far away from me when Trainz is concernerned.
It's not a threat, just a bunch of nerdy guys.......................but then she doesn't know kurikav is on line.............
and I ain't sayin' nuthin'!

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Many years ago sailed with a cadet from your Merchant Marine Academy.
A fine young man. We got along well together, trading jokes about the KBG and the CIA. I remember him with a certain warmth.
His sense of humer, and grasp of human reality has impressed me to this day.
In my niavate I called him a freind, at least in spirit. He hasn't dissapointed me yet!

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Great, maybe babushka will be scared if she know about me then! And... especially if she meets trainz in person :D

relating to KGB, they're still active in Belarus! My fathers friend was working for them! They learn me how to get drunk by only one beer!

cascaderailroad
February 14th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Being that this is a public forum (for all ages) (and some sober ol' farts) We really should not discuss particulars in our choices of beverages ... to tell you the truth ... I don't have enough time to indulge (enough), as I am a two finger hunt & peck typer, with one hand on the KB, and the other on the mouse.

Sometimes the fridgerator', and the kitchen counter top, seem like they a football field away, from the PC ... and I got a flat baakside from sitting for hours on end in a PC rolly chair.

*Note to self: Buy a deskside portable icebox' ... and a Hoveround mobile skooter, and an inflatable round chair doughnut cushion ! And hire someone to hold my beverages for me ... or buy a: http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/beer-hat-top-10-headwear.jpg

(http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/beer-hat-top-10-headwear.jpg)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFg3HBMJyV4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3kpAFkihW0
(http://www.youtube.com/user/officialbudlight?v=hyFWSys3TJU&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsear ch_query%3Ddog%2Bfetches%2Bbeer%2Bfrom%2Bfridge%26 oq%3Ddog%2Bfetch%26aq%3D1%26aqi%3Dg4%26aql%3D%26gs _sm%3D1%26gs_upl%3D15559l19161l0l22725l9l9l0l2l2l0 l214l972l2.4.1l7l0)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUtwNtE1NBA&feature=related

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Would always be great for drinks to hold in!

Maybe your're right. I'm pretty used to russian forums where train topics, airplane topics, any topic! will derail to a lot of fun! While our real life trains derail in moderation too:confused:

personally i have a small minibar under my desk with a lot of alkohol, water, fizzy water, coffe, banitza, pankakes, everything! so i just put my hand under the table to get what i want!

cascaderailroad
February 14th, 2012, 07:59 AM
That wouldn't work for me ... we have a NW Queensland Counter Cruzer Dingo named: Puppy, who can open the fridge, and snag food from any unmanned location. Forgetting to close and latch the kitchen baby-gate ... is not an option ! She once chewed open a tin can of cookies, opening it from the sealed bottom. She once swiped 5 raw steaks from the kitchen counter top ... NUM NUM NUM ... Bad Dawg !

I should have taken a before, and after, photo of the house in disarray ... but I am destoying all evidence ... even taking out the trash this time ... before she gets home ... no more Trainz, for a while.

See: ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBSWnkb56SU&feature=related

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Well Cascade, I cetainly don't disagree. However, if adults aren't allowed to be adults (even when they're acting 16 years) how is one to learn?
My kids are well into their twenties, but they still love the silliness! I know for a fact, that every smile and laugh a momma or dad puts out there, is responded to with great releif and fun
from from their progeny! Only a selfish child will withhold that from you. Humor, in it's most sincere form, is based on repect.
Kornikova, Babushka doesn't know you. Babushka knows from way back that I'm an irrepressible flirt with a touch of old age ego that just ain't givin'
it up that easy. But that's why she married this old fool! (when he was way younger).
I'm very pleased to get such a human response from those who have joined this thread (even though it's not mine. Pleare forgive us!)
My regards to all you silly humans out there.
steamboat

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I agree with your answer, probably cascade is trying to stop this topic from rolling to more silly things (liked dildo, underwear, whiskey, mixed vodka, anything!):p

While I'm 20, life is very hard for me, so when it's too hard, i collapse, and i turn to be a child playing and joking :)

haha... take it easy, i was just joking! :D every babushka that know me are scared in Kazan :hehe:

It's the same here, it's funny! not everything is about trains & locos on this forum it appears like!, oh and forgive me... i guess it was my fault that the thread derailed when i started wondering why Euphods wife leave "because of trainz"... so i tried to warn other people so this wouldn't happen again

Best regards,

Anna P. K.

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 09:25 AM
If yuo can't have fun, with such an inocuous suject as Trainz, what can you have fun at?
I know its nerdy!
I know its somewhat childish!
I know it's umanly if your wife is a AK47
But if you do it, I know you!

Would you be defined by youur clothes?
Your music?
yyour sreet adress?
Your hair?

I don't just like trains. I love trains.
I was hoppping the local mixed frieght switchers since I was old enogh to catch up with 'em!
I remember (and often invaded) the sacred confines of the caboose (eventually comming under the under tutalage of the train boss and a threat of jail time) and am still proud to have done it!

Facts:
Yuor paents are much more pleased with your snorting Trainz than snorting undefined chemicals from strange cofee tables!
Your babushka would rather you be sniffing Trainz, than sniffing at that new divorcee down the street!
Your kids would rather you be snorting Trainz...........period

I simply don't see any negatives to the hobby. Err, well................as long as you keep it in context with............life!

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Where did I say I can't have fun with it? If I don't, why is it still instslled on my drive? The fun begins when I have found all my missing dependencies :) And no, I'm not an AK47:eek:

Try jumping on a russian train, that's pretty fun, there are some people who travel on the roofs and outside hanging on the rack. It's rare but you see it sometimes!

Maybe so, my father wouldn't be so proud though, he doesn't even know i play games so I don't know, but, his reaction should be funny. I'm not a lesbian, so I don't have any wife :)

amrail2000
February 14th, 2012, 09:48 AM
korikovaVL80 (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/member.php?627209-korikovaVL80)http://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/trainzproducts2/start.png You drive trains and in my book you are way cool. I'd love to go back to that. Crud I had something better to say, but I forgot where I was going. I'm blaming that on the coffee milk shake. I really need help:)

steamboateng
February 14th, 2012, 09:49 AM
korikova, don't ever go to sleep?
I was jumping those trains at 12 years!
If I tried that now, Babushka would put me away in the Gulag!

korikovaVL80
February 14th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Haha thanks Amrail2000, always good to hear something good in the forums as people used to bash me in the past :) And... Drinking milk shake is way better than drinking vodka :hehe: What do you need help with by the way?

steamboat, I'm sure she would, there are many preserved in Russia! And no wives are there!