PDA

View Full Version : Change the way the forum looks

robin_hoods
February 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM
For all those who are having problems with this insipid color and hard to read text on the white background
I recommend Color That Site an add on for Firefox you can change the main color to black if you wish or to another color and change the text color using the sliders on the background or foreground
I now have a black page with white text a lot better to read, get it from the link below
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/color-that-site/

HiBaller
February 5th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Holy Catfish! What a difference it is to just force the background to be a very pale green. The text jumps out at you. Great find Robin Hoods.

Bill

robd
February 5th, 2012, 05:09 PM
It works but for one page at a time only, not the entire site. You would have to change each page individually as you navigate through them as far as I can tell, unless there is a universal button, that I've missed, to change the whole site?

Rob.

HiBaller
February 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Once you open the flyout for the tool, click Edit and go to the Settings tab. At the top is a series of radio buttons. You can set page, folder, Site, or domain.

Bill

cascaderailroad
February 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Probably a warm, sun shiny, redish/yellow ... very, very, very extremely pale would be even better.:cool:

robd
February 5th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Once you open the flyout for the tool, click Edit and go to the Settings tab. At the top is a series of radio buttons. You can set page, folder, Site, or domain.

Bill

Thanks for that Bill. I tried setting it to site and the background colours remain edited whereas I'm finding the foreground colours revert to default. I will keep trying though, perhaps it's something I'm not doing quite right!

Rob

robd
February 6th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks for that Bill. I tried setting it to site and the background colours remain edited whereas I'm finding the foreground colours revert to default. I will keep trying though, perhaps it's something I'm not doing quite right!

Rob

Have now got this working to my satisfaction. Thanks robin_hoods for the link and HiBaller for the help. I recommend this app.:)

rjhowie
February 6th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Worthwhile thread but I have Explorer and been using Opera lately which I am content with so I will just have to grin and bear it!

sdpnz
February 6th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Or how about it so the end user can choose the colour they like to look at ??

Kind regards,

sdpnz.

cascaderailroad
February 7th, 2012, 12:04 AM
You can change background colors, and color fonts using Firefox & Google Chrome ... you can even do it with Tools/InternetOptions/Colors/Fonts/Accessebility

deeelare
February 7th, 2012, 10:31 AM
You can change background colors, and color fonts using Firefox & Google Chrome ... you can even do it with Tools/InternetOptions/Colors/Fonts/Accessebility

Although I do not see myself as computer illiterate , how do I change colors using Google Chrome ?

Thanks in advance , --- ,dave

HiBaller
February 8th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I have been using the 'Color that Site' tool now for three days. I am unhappy to say the least. Initially, I opted for the entire domain to be painted with the new color scheme. This didn't work. Pages would pop up with no changes applied to them at all, and other pages had strange colors which I did not set. I played around with the radio buttons for all four settings: page, panel, site, and domain. None of them would hold settings consistently. Even a single page would change colors to and from the "normal" blindingly white, to the color I set, seemingly at random each time I refreshed the page.

Emails to the add-on's author's have gone unanswered so far. I have since removed it because I couldn't predict what colors would pop up each time I visited the forum. It could be me, it could be the add-on, or perhaps the site is refreshing in the background.

Bill

cascaderailroad
February 8th, 2012, 04:41 PM
You have to "Save" the Color Scheme ... and applying the Global setting and "Saving" that will turn all other sites into a soothing:

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/ForumNew5.jpg

HiBaller
February 8th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Every time I 'save' it on one page (after applying Global) it forces another page back to default white. I have been unable to make the entire Trainz forum behave as one color.

Bill

fran1
February 8th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Every time I 'save' it on one page (after applying Global) it forces another page back to default white. I have been unable to make the entire Trainz forum behave as one color.

Bill

Try another firefox add on, no squint. You can save separate sites to colour schemes and it remembers each time you open them.

cascaderailroad
February 8th, 2012, 05:43 PM
You have to save as Domain: Auran.com

HiBaller
February 8th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Worth a try. Thanks. I can always remove it.

EDIT: Hmmmm. That one seems to do very well. Time will tell. Since it also zooms, I can use it on a couple of sites where I have to use the Control-wheel to zoom in a bit.

Bill