PDA

View Full Version : Was it just me....

VinnyBarb
February 4th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Was it just me for whom the new forum disappeared for over 24 hours? As I can not see any postings to that effect.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

SD45T-2
February 4th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Nope, it was not you. I spent the time skinning a SD40T-2 in KCS livery.

R701Rusty
February 4th, 2012, 10:25 PM
G'day VinnyBarb
No you weren't the only one who couldn't access the forums for that length of time, I had the same problems.

Cheers
Russell.

Retro00064
February 4th, 2012, 10:27 PM
No, it wasn't just you. The forum has only just become available for me also. And most likely for everyone else as well; this forum is popular and busy enough that there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of there being such a long period of time with no new posts being made with the forum being online and available the entire time.

Regards,

Zachary.

RoysTrainz
February 4th, 2012, 10:34 PM
wrong thread, deleted post

VinnyBarb
February 4th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Thank you for your replies, I thought perhaps I stuffed up some of my internet settings. Still, it would have been nice to put up a "first" page (index page) that could have said something like:

"Oops, we are offline again, we will be back next Christmas"

or something like that. At least one would have known :o.

Even my 6 year old son (if I had one) would have known how to replace the forum index page with such a message page :p.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

j_maybury
February 4th, 2012, 10:43 PM
It looks to me that they've took it off and made a few changes to the layout; [General trainz] and [Top] now look to have buttons of there own instead of being in one long bar.
Can anyone see any other changes?

Euphod
February 4th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Glad it came back when it did, I was about to write it off for the whole weekend!

martinvk
February 4th, 2012, 11:32 PM
It looks to me that they've took it off and made a few changes to the layout; [General trainz] and [Top] now look to have buttons of there own instead of being in one long bar.
Can anyone see any other changes?TOP button now works for me in SeaMonkey. Interesting how when it's gone there is a huge hole in the Internet.

Puffingbilly
February 4th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Was it just me for whom the new forum disappeared for over 24 hours? As I can not see any postings to that effect.

Cheers

VinnyBarb
Hi VinnyBarb,

No it wasn't just you. I had just started catching up on posts went away for 2 hours and when I came back I just kept getting the 'timed out' message from my ISP :o

Cheers

Ron

Sean_lee
February 5th, 2012, 12:11 AM

Cheers

VinnyBarb

No me too, to be expected though