PDA

View Full Version : Blue transparant Baseboard in Driver

barrie40
February 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Dear Trainerz, and specially Shane (because I have read your Tutorial),
I have read the Tutorial of Shane about disappearing baseboards. I have TS2009 and I can not find the Tag.: Developer Settings. Main Menue has: Video, Surveyor and Global Interface Addons.
What do I wrong, or is not in TS2009?
But...
My problem seems the problem descibed here, but maybee not.
When I drive a train, after a while the Grond textures are not showing up. So I drive, from a baseboard with groundtextures into the blue transparant world. Further all the scenery is there incl.Trains in colour. Frame rate is OK.
The route is quite "heavy" so it might be the RAM memory. (1,98 Gig RAM and 1 Gig Videocart).
Over 100 Baseboards, and heavey scenery. But it all works fine, only the groundtextures disapear after a while.
Not always at the same place. Sometimes the textures return after 1 minute or so.
In Surveyor no problems, but when I drive a train it occures.
My personal opinion is that it seems that the cache memory keeps the information of the passed baseboards and do'nt refresh this data with the new data of the comming baseboards.
Please advise where to look for.
regards,
Barrie40, The Netherlands

goomermatt
February 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
hi had the same problem its an asset or assets with a high buffer count causing the problem
go to shanes trainz about missing base boards
his link is on lots of forum answers http://shaneturner12.awardspace.co.uk/trainzdata/index.php?page=fixing-content-that-causes-disappearing-baseboards

shaneturner12
February 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM
The Developer Settings option is in TS2009 SP4 and later versions. If you do not have SP4, this would be why. Remember, as per my tutorial, it's in the in-game menus, not the Configure Trainz dialog.

Shane

barrie40
February 9th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the support. I do not haven SP4. So thats why I do not ee Developer settings. Thanks for the support! I know what to do now!
Regards,
Barrie40, Netherlands

shaneturner12
February 9th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Once you have SP4 installed, the option will become available. You can then follow my instructions.

Shane