PDA

View Full Version : What Does the Path Command Do and How Does One Use it?

KonstantinMMRR
January 28th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I have been experimenting with the Path Command. When I make it available in Quickdrive, it is still not available for each AI train. What is it supposed to do, and how does one use it?

Thank you
Dean

Kennilworth
January 28th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Hi Dean

The Path Commands allow you to set all the junctions along a path from a named signal. It is particularly useful in areas where the AI has problems finding its way to a destination such as in a large yard or station. I use one of them (there are two) on the ECML route to force trains into going the correct route into a station or through a complicated junction.

The one that I use is the jsTRF-Path Control rule and its associated driver commands PathControl Setpath and Autodrive which is available from the DLS. I also use them with the built in Schedule Library to build up commonly used paths which can then be simply added to any train following that same route.

The rules and commands can be downloaded from this website along with some guides to using them

http://www.js-home.org/trainz/

Incidently, I never use the quickdrive rule along with this particular path rule as I believe they don't exist happily together.

Hope this is of some help to you

Regards

Brian