PDA

View Full Version : Sos and sinking fast

DESDICHATO
January 25th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Hey All,

I have downloaded all 8 parts of the older Paddington to Bristol route, unfortunately it has missing components - mostly points, I have deleted all missing assets and have made a couple of attempts to update these routes and put in new points to replace the deleted ones....however, once saved, as long as I do not have to leave the computer and engage in everyday life everything is good but if I have to switch off the computer or add new content to my downloadables all these "updates" simply vanish....I have tried saving and saving as with new names and using the old one but everytime they disappear.

To add insult to injury when ever I try to add the other parts of the route I cannot even do that....I have even made a "New Route" which I call "Blank" so it is just a single board and I cannot get that to work either, no matter where I try to locate it....on 09 as soon as the two boards were clear of each other a tick used to light up in green and you could merge the two routes (or in this case boards), this isn't happening in my 12.

Any thoughts ideas or hints???

TIA

P

angelah
January 26th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Which version of Trainz are you using?

I looked at that route once when I was making my WCL sections and Temple Meads but there's hardly anything on it. Rolling green fields and very little else.

Angela

Snowhill
January 26th, 2012, 06:30 AM
It worked for me in TC3 with no problems but not in 2010.. I wanted it in 2010 in compatibility mode so I could use the replace assets tool to change the track. It was just an experiment that didn't work. Usually I have no problems importing 04 other layouts into 2010 although I sometimes get the white tram lines, but this one failed...
Dennis

gearhead2578
January 26th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hey All,

I have downloaded all 8 parts of the older Paddington to Bristol route, unfortunately it has missing components - mostly points, I have deleted all missing assets and have made a couple of attempts to update these routes and put in new points to replace the deleted ones....however, once saved, as long as I do not have to leave the computer and engage in everyday life everything is good but if I have to switch off the computer or add new content to my downloadables all these "updates" simply vanish....I have tried saving and saving as with new names and using the old one but everytime they disappear.

To add insult to injury when ever I try to add the other parts of the route I cannot even do that....I have even made a "New Route" which I call "Blank" so it is just a single board and I cannot get that to work either, no matter where I try to locate it....on 09 as soon as the two boards were clear of each other a tick used to light up in green and you could merge the two routes (or in this case boards), this isn't happening in my 12.

Any thoughts ideas or hints???

TIA

P

The only way I've seen (and there's probably better ways to go about this) to successfully run older routes is to import them a step at a time - first from 04 to 06, then edit - add a small item and save. Import again to 09 and do the same, then it should import all the way to TS2010. As far as running in 12 I'm not sure you'll have any luck there as it handles content much differently and you'd have to update the way the config.txt as the containers and tags have all changed dramatically and there's no compatability mode. You could try to open it in CCP, but even then it's no guarantee it'll actually work. Don't forget to save while in CCP;) or it won't re-write the config file.

Hope this helps
Mike

DESDICHATO
January 28th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Thanks Guys and Gals,

I'm running 12 and it's the sparceness of the route that I like, it worked well in 09 but I have had a very bad year with computers last year so theses are "new downloads" on a version.

The route is still in it's 8 component parts and I work on one part at a time BUT when I save it well that's another matter....today I have been working on the station at the Paddington end and I have done it three times so far despite naming and saving it three different times I still cannot find the modified section that I have "SAVED" too do further work on it....I'm beginning to think I've lost the plot.

Thanks

P