PDA

View Full Version : itrainz chat

fermas
January 23rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Hi my itrainz chat menu wont pop up when i click it in game any advise?:confused:

Conductorphil
January 24th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Did you install any new assets recently? (Obviously shouldnt screw it up, but just checking) If you force quitted Trainz recently after it froze or crashed while having Itrainz opened, that might explain it.

Also, what colour is the Itrainz button? I've found sometimes that if it is grey (Meaning you are offline), then it doesnt like to open. Close Trainz, fix your internet connection the TRAINZ servers and then load up Trainz again.

fermas
January 24th, 2012, 05:08 PM
the icon is green but i think your right my trainz has been crashing alot recently any ideas?:o

oknotsen
January 24th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Maybe a file of the game got damaged and you got unlucky that it has something to do with ichat.
Give checkdisk a try -> Go to "My computer", select the drive you installed it on, right-click -> properties -> tools -> Top option ("check now").

If that does not fix the problem, it sure doesnt make it worse.

... and Im sure some hard-core techy has a better idea so I'll follow the topic and might learn something.

fermas
January 28th, 2012, 10:24 PM
nope did not:'( work D:>

wheelsonfire
January 29th, 2012, 04:26 AM
If you've had the game crashing have you tried to repair the database? In Content Manager go to File Menu and click on Extended Database Repair. Be patient - it may take some time.

oknotsen
January 29th, 2012, 06:28 AM
nope did not:'( work D:>Might be that currently the chat server is simply down.

fermas
February 9th, 2012, 08:52 PM
nope still dose not want to work :'(

Conductorphil
February 9th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Might be that currently the chat server is simply down.

Itrainz Chat is working for me...

Fermas, check to see if your network is blocking Trainz, this is most likely caused by anti virus software...