PDA

View Full Version : TS12 vs TS10

pmalloy
January 23rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Besides multiplayer capabilities, does TS12 have any features that TS10 lacks? In other words, what was the rational for TS12. How does it differ?

gearhead2578
January 23rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
I recently bought TS12 (finally) Glad I waited so the SPs would be released. The GUI is very similar, but seems that 12 handles things much better. One of my WIP routes that ran like a slideshow in 10 runs much better in 12. The locomotives, engine sounds, everything is MUCH more prototypical than 10. DOPPLER EFFECT!! check that out on you tube..... I'm so far not a big fan of MP, but very glad I picked up TS12 even if some of the folks here try to say it's just a route expansion pack. THey've got to clean their bifocals and look a bit closer. Sure there's still some issues, but it's quite a change for the better in trainz - there hasn't been this much improvement in quite a while:D

Mike

Euphod
January 23rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
what was the rational for TS12.

12 was supposed to a clean break from the earlier versions, designed to showcase new abilities that can take advantage of the way content is created. Of course, everyone drags their old content from version to version, so I'm not sure how effective that approach was.

It is a better running SIM than 2010 though. I agree on that.

mikeaust
January 24th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I just got 2012 and found it was much more than an "expansion pack". The graphics are outstanding. I run a 36" HDTV as my monitor and with 2010 it was shimmering and had a lot of sawtoothing. 2012 is like watching HDTV, so crisp and clear and the finish on 2012 rolling stock is great. I also found that I can load a railyard with a large amount of rollingstock and no lag.

I am also surprised with the amount of old content I have been able to import with minor changes that runs well and looks great.
I dont have any use for MP but I think the purchase was well worthwhile.
cheers,
Mike

steve123
January 24th, 2012, 07:38 PM
TS 12 is the best of all the Trainz sims but i for one will not buy another Trainz product until they fix a few problems in TS 12.

If the next version of Trainz dosen't take advantage of multi core CPU's or
multi GPU's i for one will not be buying it as they have been asked for so many years for it.
steve

baz66
January 24th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I will jeep updating and just hope that N3V goes on and on.
10 works very well on my (medium) spec computer but 12 is even better. I'm drooling over a new computer with touch screen and everything built in to a 26 inch monitor.
I may have to go work? for the local council or something.
baz

gearhead2578
January 24th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I will jeep updating and just hope that N3V goes on and on.
10 works very well on my (medium) spec computer but 12 is even better. I'm drooling over a new computer with touch screen and everything built in to a 26 inch monitor.
I may have to go work? for the local council or something.
baz

Yessss. I'm going with eyefinity on the new setup:p Gonna have to work more myself to swallow the bill on that one;)

baz66
January 28th, 2012, 04:23 AM
What I can't believe is the set up is half the price of the first computer I bought more than 15 years ago.
baz