PDA

View Full Version : TS2010 ERROR MESSAGE "Unable to connect to the Trainz Asset Database"

SneakyC13
January 23rd, 2012, 05:42 AM
I have successfully been running TS2010 after installation from disk for the last 5 days or so. Now TS2010 wont load and gives me the error message above each time. The problem started showing up after I modified and saved one of the standard sessions for the CN Holly route.
I have not downloaded or installed any content from the Download station.
Based on a previous post on this message, I loaded the content manager v3.3 and ran the "extended data base repair" facility. IT found that 2 or 3 kuids had been "FOUNd iN a nEW LOACATION and FLAGGED THE NEW SESSION I had saved with a red X. Asuming this was causing the problem I located the new session under local content and deleted it with the right-click menu.

STILL I GET THE ABOVE ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO START TS2010!)> Re running the Extended repair facility after the deletion gave 6 or 7 "info" messages and it concluded with 0 errors found, 0 errors repaired.

Still no luck in loading TS2010. I am about to try a complete reinstall of TS2010 from the disks any comments as to whether this is advisable? Thanks SneakyC13

shaneturner12
January 23rd, 2012, 06:17 AM
Hi SneakyC13,

Please have a look in your <trainz install folder>/Bin/Jetlog.txt file. This file is created by TADDaemon, and will tell you why the error is appearing.

If you are not sure on what the details mean, post the contents of the file here.

Shan

SneakyC13
January 24th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Hi SneakyC13,

Please have a look in your <trainz install folder>/Bin/Jetlog.txt file. This file is created by TADDaemon, and will tell you why the error is appearing.

If you are not sure on what the details mean, post the contents of the file here.

Shan

Thank you Shan for your fast response. Unfortunately, I had removed and re-installed TS2010 before I got back to the forum to see your reply. In future if I have a problem I will look in Jetlog.txt. The good news is thatTS2010 is now running again - I am GOING TO TRY TO EDIT AND SAVE ANOTHER SESSION TO SEE IF I get thE SAME pROBLEM> If I do, I"LL POSt again as I will have obviously done something wrong in my modification.

shaneturner12
January 24th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Hopefully it works properly now - if not, use the advice I gave in my previous post.

Shane

(P.S. My keyboard ended up missing a letter in my last post - the e key)