PDA

View Full Version : My tutorial website - Important Information

shaneturner12
January 23rd, 2012, 05:09 AM
Please see post #8 for a listing of what my website contains.

In light of an issue regarding the menu systems (which a Trainz user kindly alerted me to), I have redesigned the website into sections.

When viewing the website, you will probably find a lack of links to start with in the Navigation section. This is because the links appear when the appropriate section is visited.

The Home page will detail what is in each section, and within each section there are direct links to the relevant pages, both on the page itself and in the Navigation pane on the right-hand side.

I realise that this may be confusing to start with, but it will make sense after a short while.

Existing direct links are not affected by this change.

If anyone has comments, suggestions, complaints (genuine complaints only) or similar, please reply to this thread, or contact me via Private Messaging.

Shane

clam1952
January 23rd, 2012, 08:23 AM
Looks fine to me Shane.

shaneturner12
January 23rd, 2012, 08:25 AM
That's good - I had several issues relating to the menu system that I had to fix.

Shane

P.S. Do you think it's still navigateable using the new method?

Shane

clam1952
January 23rd, 2012, 08:26 AM
Yes, seems quite logical and easy to me.

shaneturner12
January 23rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Thankyou for your kind comments.:)

The biggest challenge I've had to deal with with the re-organisation is to keep the underlying links the same.

Shane

NICKEL
January 23rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
Looks very well organized Shane. Found it very easy to find and navigate. Nice site with very good information on things that frustrate many people.

Good work.

shaneturner12
January 23rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Thankyou for your comment. Coincidentally, it was originally due to repeated answers of frequently asked questions that made me decide to have the website in the first place.

Shane

shaneturner12
January 23rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
To assist others in knowing what my website currently holds, here is a listing of my current website content: (This also appears on my website homepage, but the homepage version has links to the section content)

Tutorials

Updating DirectX
Running as Administrator
Common Patching Errors
Black/Multicolour Textures issue
Command Line Database Repair
Enabling/Disabling the Performance Statistics
Fixing content that causes disappearing baseboards
Running a Check Disk
Patching Guide for TS2009/TS2010/TS12
How to remove Trainz using Revo Uninstaller
Content Updating in TS2009 and laterTips, Tricks, and Useful Links

FCT activation issues?
N3V DLS server status
Useful LinksUtilities

System Info Utility (PC Information Application)This is the current list of tutorials, tips, useful links, and utilites I currently have.

Shane

jrfolco
January 23rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Works good. Thanks for sharing the site.

Joe

shaneturner12
January 23rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
It's OK - as it's my own site, I do my best to promote it to users who need the information within it.

Shane

gearhead2578
January 23rd, 2012, 10:06 AM
New site looks great :Y: It looks fairly idiot proof - even I couldn't screw up in there:D

shaneturner12
January 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
That's the idea, anyway.

As I can see it being mainly new users using it, I intend to make it as simple as possible to navigate.

Thankyou for your kind comment.

Shane