PDA

View Full Version : uploading a huge map

inprr
January 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM
ok im trying to upload a map called beta csp v.5, but there's a catch. its 863mb strong and every time i upload it TADDaemon.exe crashes, or thats what it says. so my question is how big is too big and how do i stop TADDaemon.exe from crashing? thanks for reading -inprr ps i did have a ticket on the help desk for 3 months and no response so i deleted the ticket.

smash
January 18th, 2012, 08:12 PM
863 Mb's sounds is Very large. It sounds to me like you have all of the dependencies packed as well. You should have just the route itself, nothing else.
As for uploading something that large You would need to ask first. There is a size limit,but I dont know what it may be. 100 to 150 mb?
If it you got permission you would most likely need to put it on cd or dvd and sent it snail mail.
Kenny

inprr
January 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM
umr is over 800mb from what im told. -inprr

gremlin1812
January 18th, 2012, 08:33 PM
umr is over 800mb from what im told. -inprr
G'day inprr, I just looked on the DLS black pages and :-

UMR-TS12-SUMMER [Detailed (http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_f.php#)] TS12
Created by: neilsmith749 (http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_f.php#)
File Size: 78.35 MB
KUID2: 95512:100024:5
Date: 21st Dec 2011
Downloaded: 652

It is possibly 800mb with all assets included.
Regards Barrie

danny5
January 18th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Then how do you get just the route and not the dependence?

Enzo1
January 18th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Then how do you get just the route and not the dependence?
Pretty simple, click FTP download link. Not that hard at all. It downloads route and NO DEPENDICES COME WITH IT. And, when using CMP you can just download the ROUTE by clicking the STOP download button after it downloads the route.

inprr
January 19th, 2012, 12:14 AM
ok thats a good trick now how about loosing them. sorry this problem is leaving me crabby. -inprr

smash
January 19th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Danny5,
inprr asked about uploading a route. I believe that he is trying to upload it with all dependencies. For downloading do as Enzo1 stated. Hope this helps.

inprr first in cmp right click the route, in the list given click save to cdp. It will ask where just use your desktop. Then locate the file and see what size the file is. This way you will know the file size.( and it is a good idea so you dont accidently loose it. I have done that.)

Now understand that I have not uploaded something to the DLS in a while.
But there are two ways. One is in CMP itself. On the right hand side locate uploads tab. Drag your route over to it. A popup will appear, asking to add dependencies. Just press cancel. Next press the upload BUTTON.
From there I am not sure what happens. It should be uploaded to the DLS Que.

They other way is from the Planet Auran website.
https://www.auran.com/planetauran/YC_main.php

That is the way I had done it in the past but cannot remember all of the process.
Click on the website above, click on upload,click on either standard or preview area upload. Click on choose file. choose the previously saved route .cdp. it should the be uplaoded to the Que.

Once uploaded it will either get accepted or rejected.
Oh and the maximum file size is 512Mb. From aformention planet auran webpage.

Hope this helps.
Kenny

inprr
January 19th, 2012, 01:57 AM
how much is just one baseboard worth in mb? i do need to know this cause if im right then to get the route down in its size some baseboards need to be trimed. -inprr

smash
January 19th, 2012, 02:54 AM
I honestly dont know.

Euphod
January 19th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Just right click on the route in your CM window. Choose "Upload" and a new window will open asking if you want to upload all dependencies, choose "check none", then choose "Accept".
In the uploads window, click on "upload", the uploading agreement window will open, accept the agreement and the upload will begin.

danny5
January 19th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I have been tring to help inprr the problem is that he can't get a CDP of his route he get a massage something of the Tedd.exe files and won't let him make a CDP.

shaneturner12
January 19th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I am aware of issues that prevent a large (>500MB) CDP from being created.

I normally use the archive feature for files this size.

Shane

danny5
January 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM
but with out depen. what might have his route so big and why is he getting the TEDD.exe massage when he tryied to do a CDP of it?

shaneturner12
January 19th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Not sure. My route and session combined is 40MB.

It's either very detailed, or that is including dependencies.

Shane

danny5
January 19th, 2012, 05:26 PM
he trying to get a screen shot of what happen when he tried to do a CDP on his route. He tells me that there not much on the route and we don't know why he can't make a CDP of it.

shaneturner12
January 19th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Might be worth checking how many assets he is trying to add to the CDP. If it's more than two (the route itself and the session itself) then it means he may have unwittingly added dependencies to the mix. The Pick List tool is good for this.

Shane

inprr
January 19th, 2012, 09:22 PM
ok ok i found the secret mb number. 564.93mb is a safe number to make a cdp. i know cause i was finally able to get csp turned into one cdp. thanks for all of your guys/gals help, i do appreciate it all. -inprr

neilsmith749
January 20th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Wow - so just how big IS this route? :hehe: My UMR-TS12 is close to 400 miles long, and is only about 80mbs. If no dependencies are included, there must be a LOT of track!! Can't wait to see it!

PEV
January 20th, 2012, 06:47 PM
It sounds to me like you are trying to upload the route as well as all of its new dependencies.

Make sure that you are uploading ONLY the route asset; You have to upload any new dependendies first.

inprr
January 20th, 2012, 07:06 PM
neilsmith749 -so just how big IS this route?

if you do a google search look up ayer junction then look up headquarters that is just E-W. N-S is spalding to Grangeville. the main area is lewiston, ID. -inprr