PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Location KUIDs

trainman53
January 17th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Quick Question:

Are "Unknown Location" KUIDs really NOT findable? I have lately been downloading content from DS and it apperars that at least 70% of the content has this condition, one or more KUIDs can't be found. Is there any way of finding these? If No, then shouln't this content be purged from the DS??

thanks in advace............................

fran1
January 17th, 2012, 09:59 PM
With the updating that's going on, some assets have old kuid numbers. Do a content manager search -author id, next box enter #113556 for eg, these being the first set of 5 or 6 numbers in the kuid. Ignore any 1: or 2: before the first set.
Using the result you can then find the kuid you are looking for and download.

Dinorius_Redundicus
January 17th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Fran1, I think you mean ignore the :1 or :2 at the end.

I think the problem arises because some creators (myself included) have gone straight into assigning kuid2: numbers for the first version of their assets.

For example, I might assign kuid2:68213:29000:1 to the first release of a new asset. Unfortunately that leaves Content Manager thinking that somewhere out there, there is an earlier edition called kuid:68213:29000. CM can't find it (because it doesn't actually exist) so it declares 'unknown location'. In effect, it's allowing for the possibility that kuid:68213:29000 does exist somewhere, and one day you might actually install it.

So, as you say, search on the DLS for the simple kuid: number if you really want to see that. If it's not there, but you can find later kuid2: versions, then just ignore the "unknown location" icon.

~ D