PDA

View Full Version : Bright Idea!

JohnnyC1
January 15th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I was playing around with the HOTT Scale House <kuid2:9999:28003:1> built-in T12 and the thought came to me if this asset could be modified to show a cars consists (loads or empty) as well as it's weight as it travels over the scale track. This, I think would be great for a hump yard or a flat switched yard at the throat as an aid to classifying a cut of cars to the proper track. What do you think?

John

Thad09
January 15th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Sounds like a good idea, even if there was a way to add a feature to the config file of any scale house. I'm not sure if it is possible in trainz tho.

whitepass
January 16th, 2012, 10:41 AM
The car mass is in the config as a number so you can "read" it but the product is a list and witch one and how much are not in the config but somewhere in the code.

leeferr
January 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I know just enough about scripting to be dangerous, but I think that this might be possible. A scripting guru will probably have to answer this question though. It's an interesting thought though.

Mike

JohnnyC1
January 16th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Would it possible to use the scripting that is involved when you ctrl-right click in drive mode on a train car that displays that cars contents?

John