PDA

View Full Version : Another Weekend Outage

boleyd
January 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM
DLS is down 10:50am EST USA. Should be ok once someone pushes the reset button.:( :(

tomurban
January 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Yep, Down again. Just tried to download some dependencies and it (the DLS) cannot find my user name and password. The servers must party Saturday night and get hung over.

tomurban

ulmer94
January 15th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Yep, Down again. Just tried to download some dependencies and it (the DLS) cannot find my user name and password. The servers must party Saturday night and get hung over.

tomurban

LOL! :hehe: :hehe:

However, it sure seems that way... :(

shaneturner12
January 15th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I've noticed that.

For some reason, it still responds to ping requests.

Shane

steamrodder
January 15th, 2012, 01:39 PM
DLS is down in this neck of the woods too. They must of had one heck of a party last night!:hehe:

gearhead2578
January 15th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Try being me.... in the middle of TS12 digital download since last night - hope I didn't just throw out $50:eek:

Or was it me who crashed it?:eek:

Thule_P
January 15th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I'm having problems as well! I try to check my NV3 profile, it doesn't recognise the password, although 1. I have not changed it and 2. I am sure to put it in right 'cause of what I have noted, same with my Content Managers! What is going on here? Are the servers down AGAIN?

clam1952
January 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Yes they are down.

mjolnir
January 15th, 2012, 02:25 PM
hope I didn't just throw out $50

Once you've paid, the digital downloads are good for an extended period. I've been purchasing through digital downloads for at least a couple of years, and all of the links still work.

ns

stationmistress
January 15th, 2012, 02:27 PM
It must be bad with even the black pages off-line.

HiBaller
January 15th, 2012, 02:39 PM
None of the links at the top of this page work at all either. None of them.

Bill

susanaes
January 15th, 2012, 02:41 PM
same here and my CMP wont work either

ulmer94
January 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
None of the links at the top of this page work at all either. None of them.

Bill

CoC works just fine...

shaneturner12
January 15th, 2012, 02:44 PM
It's about the only one.

Shane

ulmer94
January 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
It IS the only link working up there, reason being it's not on the Auran server, I guess. But why are the forums working, then?

Thule_P
January 15th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I began to wonder that as well. I just hope this problem is resolved as soon as. I'm tired of trying to install things in CMP and it can't download missing assets.

susanaes
January 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM
the help desk works if you wait just a little bit

gearhead2578
January 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Once you've paid, the digital downloads are good for an extended period. I've been purchasing through digital downloads for at least a couple of years, and all of the links still work.

ns

That's good to know - saved the dog a good kick and my bottle of bourbon might last the weekend now:hehe:

Antwerp
January 15th, 2012, 04:26 PM
It's working ever so slightly for me and when I can get the page to show up it's very slow.

shaneturner12
January 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I have a feeling that this is due to a large number of younger members using the DLS at weekends, that may be partly causing these outages.

Shane

cascaderailroad
January 15th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I think the weekend office vaccuumm cleaning crew tripped over the power plug to the server again ... or the hampster powered generator, ran outa' hampster foodz':hehe:

n8phu
January 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
The datacenter where the server is hosted at needed another power plug to watch the 50 inch big screen for football.......

shaneturner12
January 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Could be - there are so many theories of what has caused these outages.

The common thread though is that they have happened on a weekend or holiday period.

Shane

brookdl
January 15th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Beats me but all but Forum still down as of 1:37pm PST:'(

Gandalf0444
January 15th, 2012, 05:03 PM
It IS the only link working up there, reason being it's not on the Auran server, I guess. But why are the forums working, then?
Different serve most likely. I would be rather stupid to have the wiki, the forums, and all of the DLS on 1 server.:hehe:

susanaes
January 15th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Do you think its because its MLK Day?

Sean_lee
January 15th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Still down in Oz, I can log in but cannot use content manager, check user password. DEEP SIGH.

Antwerp
January 15th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Do you think its because its MLK Day?
ummmm. MLK day is tomorrow.

susanaes
January 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
oh srry bout that my bad

ZecMurphy
January 15th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Hi All
I've reported this to the admin for when he gets in this morning.

Thank you

Antwerp
January 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I hope this problem is fixed soon but it still might be down tomorrow if schools are still out like mine.

ulmer94
January 15th, 2012, 06:46 PM
IT'S BACK! :clap: :clap:

ZecMurphy
January 15th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Hi All
This should now be fixed, and you should now be able to access the Download Station.

Antwerp
January 15th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Hi All
This should now be fixed, and you should now be able to access the Download Station.It's down again :n:

ZecMurphy
January 15th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Hi All
Thank you for reporting this. The admin has been informed, and he is looking into this.

Servers will be back online as soon as possible.

nexusdj
January 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Yep it's down and I've just had the forum up in Chinese before I logged in !!

After an online transaction earlier on I'd cleared out my history , cookies etc so I had to re-log into this forum , when I clicked on the forum link in my favourites it came up with the task bar and log in options all in Chinese !!

Once I logged in it has returned back to English , Is Auran under attack from a hacker as I've never had the forum do that before ?

Muliebuck
January 15th, 2012, 08:32 PM
If the forums/etc were under threat by hackers/etc, I think it highly improbable that there would be an announcement about such, as such things generally encourage the miscreants too try again, or encourage others to 'make the attempt'. I think we should all exercise some patience, and it'll be fixed, when it is fixed, and not before :)

Retro00064
January 15th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Yep it's down and I've just had the forum up in Chinese before I logged in !!

After an online transaction earlier on I'd cleared out my history , cookies etc so I had to re-log into this forum , when I clicked on the forum link in my favourites it came up with the task bar and log in options all in Chinese !!

Once I logged in it has returned back to English , Is Auran under attack from a hacker as I've never had the forum do that before ?

At the bottom-left of the forum pages is a "Quick Language Chooser" drop-down box. Make sure that it is set to English and not Chinese.

Regards,

Zachary.

rwk
January 15th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I just downloaded a brand new route last night from a different site, and there's tons of stuff missing. No track, as it is brand new custom track that I don't know where it came from. It's the Valley Railroad steam train in Connecticut that I downloaded. They provided all the custom objects and files but there's still stuff missing including DLS items. The route is unplayable until I can install the missing stuff. What do I do? Wait? The CMP says the internet is down and won't accept my username login. It must be that server outage problem.

ZecMurphy
January 15th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Hi All
The server should be back online again. If you do see any further issues, please let us know.

nfitzsimmons
January 16th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Hi All
The server should be back online again. If you do see any further issues, please let us know.
It seems to be up for CMP, but the FTP site is still showing only content from 11 January and earlier. Since CMP won't download files larger than about 1.4 MB it's still problematic for me.

oknotsen
January 16th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Since CMP won't download files larger than about 1.4 MB it's still problematic for me.
You sure? I just downloaded a 50mb+ file without any problems.

shaneturner12
January 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM
It depends on whether a user has a FCT or not.

Shane

oknotsen
January 16th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Even before I had the FCT I was downloading 10+mb files. At least 1 was over 25mb. If you have problems downloading stuff over 1.4mb, it aint the DLS whats giving the problem ;).

Antwerp
January 16th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Hi All
Sorry to quote again but it's down.

Antwerp
January 16th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Fixed
:) :) :)

nfitzsimmons
January 16th, 2012, 07:18 PM
For about the past year I haven't been able to download anything larger than 1.5 MB. It's a problem with my installation, but others have the same problem.

Spruce
January 17th, 2012, 03:47 AM
It depends on whether a user has a FCT or not.

Shane

Shane your advice is usually spot on but in this case you are definately wrong. I and a number of people have posted about the CMP's lack of ability to completely download large files. My FCT does not help.

shaneturner12
January 17th, 2012, 03:53 AM
It depends on where the issue crops up.

If the issue is that it drops to 0 in the approximate middle of the download, it's usually a server timeout error, which a FCT should fix.

If though, it's doing it at the end, it may be worth turning off the 'Automatically commit CDPs' option, and commit the items manually.

Shane

nfitzsimmons
January 17th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Turning off the 'Automatically commit CDPs' option didn't fix the problem for me.:(

shaneturner12
January 17th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Fair enough - the issue, as I see it, is that it is having trouble installing and committing the CDPs. In the View menu, there is a Log option, which adds a bar at the bottom of the screen detailing what it is doing at the time. Perhaps that may indicate where the problem is.

Shane