PDA

View Full Version : Does HP Trainz still exist?

dkatzmadison
January 12th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I am interested in the Maria Pass Route Plus for TS2006 from http://www.hp-trainz.de/html/Shop_EN.html. Because their latest "news" post on their English splash page is dated September 2010 I sent an email to them via their site asking for a reply to make sure that if I purchased a download of this item through their site I would actually get what I paid for (as opposed to a non-functioning/no longer supported download page followed by the hassle of contacting my credit card company to stop payment).

I never got a reply.

Can anyone tell me - is it safe to do business with this site? I really want this software, but I am nervous about the possibility that this is a "zombie site" that doesn't do anything except charge credit cards. I had a recent experience with one of these and don't want to repeat the experience.

FWIW - their site still says that Maria Pass Route X is still "under development".

Euphod
January 12th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Yes, they still exist and are still working on Marias Pass X. Over the holidays they gave away some content they made for the release in the form of an Advent Calendar online. It was a huge success.

dkatzmadison
January 12th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I may risk it ... BUT I found the following post from 2010 in a Google Search:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/archive/index.php/t-55205.html

(http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=55205)I ordered Marias Pass Plus, but got no respoinse from HP-Trainz (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=55205) pequot10
April 10th, 2010, 06:40 PM

I ordered it on 4/5/2010 and got a payment verification from Paypal, but nothing from HP-Trainz. The next day I emailed josef@hptrainz.de and still no response of any kind.

Is this what I should expect from HP-Trainz? In the past, I have always gotten some kind of order acknowledgement when I order from anyone, on-line

Thanks for any help or enlightenment on this,
Ted

All replies to this quote consisted of suggested alternative email addresses for reaching them. The issue apparently was never resolved.

Comments? Has anyone had a good experience purchasing from this site since Sep. 2010?

RRSignal
January 12th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I bought Marias Pass Plus in I think May or June and I got it within a day or two of placing the order. 5 dependencies needed minor repair - it took all of 10 minutes - and the route runs perfectly. Those may have been fixed for TS10/12 compatibility by now anyway and it would be a moot point for TRS2006.

cascaderailroad
January 12th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Three of his best curving, low poly chunky mesh tracks: MP-Tunneltrack Dark, MP-Track Wood and MP-Track Rusty (all built in assets in TRS2006) ... these are no longer available for download on HP Trainz ... bummer

It shows a FTP link: /Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ01/track/kuid_46162:38014.cdp but i can not get it to work

Only MP-Wood v2 is available by Philskene

Davie_UCF
January 13th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Three of his best curving, low poly chunky mesh tracks: MP-Tunneltrack Dark, MP-Track Wood and MP-Track Rusty (all built in assets in TRS2006) ... these are no longer available for download on HP Trainz ... bummer

It shows a FTP link: /Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ01/track/kuid_46162:38014.cdp but i can not get it to work

Only MP-Wood v2 is available by Philskene

I believe they are outdated now anyway, by HP-track which is pretty much identical. Must be on DLS, but not sure if it works for TRS2006.

dkatzmadison
January 13th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I bought Marias Pass Plus in I think May or June and I got it within a day or two of placing the order. 5 dependencies needed minor repair - it took all of 10 minutes - and the route runs perfectly. Those may have been fixed for TS10/12 compatibility by now anyway and it would be a moot point for TRS2006.

I don't understand the "moot point for TRS2006" - the HP Trainz web site says 2006 is the only version Maria Pass Plus will run on ... hence the need for Maria Pass Route X (still under development) for the newer versions. If this is not the case HP Trainz really needs to edit their web site to indicate this.

MrHAJO
January 13th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Take a look by www.halycon.de (http://www.halycon.de)

cascaderailroad
January 13th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Only MP-Concrete track survives ... all the rest of the MP Tracks are no longer downloadable on HP Trainz, nor on the DLS.

RRSignal
January 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I don't understand the "moot point for TRS2006" - the HP Trainz web site says 2006 is the only version Maria Pass Plus will run on ... hence the need for Maria Pass Route X (still under development) for the newer versions. If this is not the case HP Trainz really needs to edit their web site to indicate this.

No, again, I (and many others) have gotten MPP to run on TS09+. Again, it took me a grand total of 10 minutes to fix the 5 dependencies that showed errors in TS2010/TS12. I probably wouldn't have even needed to fix those 5 dependencies if I ran TS2010 in Compatibility Mode, though TS12 lacks CM. MPX is, apparently, an overhaul, not just replacement of dodgy dependencies.

Ethan777
February 19th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I am interested in the Maria Pass Route Plus for TS2006 from http://www.hp-trainz.de/html/Shop_EN.html. Because their latest "news" post on their English splash page is dated September 2010 I sent an email to them via their site asking for a reply to make sure that if I purchased a download of this item through their site I would actually get what I paid for (as opposed to a non-functioning/no longer supported download page followed by the hassle of contacting my credit card company to stop payment).

I never got a reply.

Can anyone tell me - is it safe to do business with this site? I really want this software, but I am nervous about the possibility that this is a "zombie site" that doesn't do anything except charge credit cards. I had a recent experience with one of these and don't want to repeat the experience.

FWIW - their site still says that Maria Pass Route X is still "under development".

MPR X has been in Development Status for a few years already. Really wonder what has happened or the X route has just been abandoned like that?!

Euphod
February 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I assume they are still working on it, since the recently gifted content was made for that purpose.

ttownsend
February 25th, 2012, 01:33 PM
MPR X has been in Development Status for a few years already. Really wonder what has happened or the X route has just been abandoned like that?!

I just received notice of its availability and I'm downloading it now for use with TS12. 50% off for those who purchased the previous version.

dkatzmadison
February 25th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I just received notice of its availability and I'm downloading it now for use with TS12. 50% off for those who purchased the previous version.

I recently successfully purchase the Maria Pass complete route for TR2006 and it runs pretty well in that environment - EXCEPT after an hour or two the clock and speed indicator stop working (and I usually just shut it down at that point).

I got the email saying I could purchase the Maria Pass X version for TR2012. Is this a substantial improvement over the TR2006 version? If I run this new version within the 2012 version will the "program freezes up if I run it too long" problem go away? Will the program have trouble running on my computer as smoothly as the the older TR2006 version of the scenario? (TR2012 requires adjustments to run on my brand new computer satisfactorily - decreased resolution and stuff like that. Considering my new computer is pretty powerful, I think the 2012 version pushes limits a bit too far - it seems to be optimized for computers supercharged with graphics accelerators, etc. - or the next generation of computers that will hit the market in a year or two.)