PDA

View Full Version : Safetran signal correct usage?

gearhead2578
January 11th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I'm getting some strange aspects from Justin's Safetrans signals, probably because I'm misusing them. Is it correct that the 06 (LD or RD) signals are for sidings in place of the old built in 02L and 02? Also on the other side of the switch where you'd have used the built in 04 it should be a Safetran 04? Also haven't figured out the proper use of the Safetran 08/08 Interlocking. Sometimes when I've got the Safetran 04 at the end of a siding it's showing flashing yellow, moused over it states line ahead clear 2 blocks but AI sees this as yellow :confused: 23mph in a 60 zone..... Couldn't find an existing thread that gives much info, any help with this is appreciated - I love the look of these signals and would really like to use them exclusively:)

gearhead2578
January 14th, 2012, 11:49 PM
***bump***

JCitron
January 15th, 2012, 12:40 PM
From what I have found with the Searchlight signals, and I'm assuming it must be similar for the SafeTrain signals, that you need an 06 facing towards the split, and 04 signals facing towards the single track.

The type 08's used for junctions require three signals. Two 08's facing towards the single track and one 08 facing towards the merging junctions.

John

gearhead2578
January 15th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I'll give that a go, I had been trying to use the 08's with 04 on the single - Thanks John

- Mike