PDA

View Full Version : Permission to modify existing locomotives and re-publish under my own or SI3D's logo.

Saphira123456
January 11th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Guys, once again, not sure where to put this or how to contact these people (some of 'em need to put their e-mail or a contact link on their website; IF they even HAVE a website at all), so please help me out and post here if I have your permission to do this.

I need permission from the original authors to modify, and then republish, existing locomotives and cars under my own, and (eventually) SI3D's banner. The locos i'm modifying are:

1. BR 4MT model, either early- or late-crest;
2. Tom Young's static DMS bus model;
3. TPR's UP FT model,
4. Pikkabird/uky901y/tmz06003/nexusdj's black BR class 08 Wabtec shunter model;
5. Rich Blake (Slugsmasher)'s Climax model;
6. ing4trainz's Portstewart Tram No. 1 model;
7. Ian Manion (Vulcan)'s Gulfstream 3 G650 model;
8. Paul Hobbs's 04 Diesel Tram BR Black Loco model;
9. Kevin Martin's and Ben Kelly's James Spooner model;
10. Ian Manion (Vulcan)'s Bucyrus Erie Crane model;
11. Mark Hoffman and Sandy Gervais's CPR44Tonner model;
12. Paul Hobbs's RCH 7-plank car model;
13. tmz06003's BR HEA Brown model; and
14. Dirk Mewes's Heisler model.

All the models I have are TRS2006 compatible; and are all working well for me (excepting the BR 4MT model; I've been having some minor problems with it; but I should be able to knock 'em out). Both I and Thomas and Friends fans around the globe would be VERY happy if you would give your permission for these locomotives and cars to be modified, so please do so. My contact info is in my profile; so if you don't feel comfortable just posting your permission in a public forum; just e-mail me saying whether or not I have your permission.

Thank you,

Kerry S. Freeman; SI3D-hopeful.

Dermmy
January 11th, 2012, 03:33 PM
:confused:
....My contact info is in my profile; so if you don't feel comfortable just posting your permission in a public forum; just e-mail me saying whether or not I have your permission...

I just don't get why that is not what you did! Asking permission in a public forum is just not how it's done. Almost without exception those creators have good contact detail in their configs and almost all are active in the forum so there is really no excuse for not making an attempt via email and/or PM first...

Andy

seeseeme
January 11th, 2012, 03:47 PM
:confused:

I just don't get why that is not what you did! Asking permission in a public forum is just not how it's done. Almost without exception those creators have good contact detail in their configs and almost all are active in the forum so there is really no excuse for not making an attempt via email and/or PM first...

Andy
I agree, some are still very active on the forum or contactable via the forum with some effort/searching.

I also wonder why you have "shouted" the word "HAVE" regarding a web site. A number of people/groups mentioned have very active sites.

Craig
:):):)

Saphira123456
January 11th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I agree, some are still very active on the forum or contactable via the forum with some effort/searching.

I also wonder why you have "shouted" the word "HAVE" regarding a web site. A number of people/groups mentioned have very active sites.

Craig

Agreed, I guess I should have thought before I acted.

Thank you!

Kerry.

EDIT: I need to know Tom Young's username. Thank you!

seeseeme
January 11th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Tom Young I am not sure of, though I know the name.

Pikkabird I have not seen around for a very long time, he may be hard to contact. If you can not locate him on the Forum then maybe a thread with a title like "looking for Pikkabird". That may get someone's attention who is still in contact with him.

Craig

tmz06003
January 11th, 2012, 05:09 PM
First advice (EDIT- as already mentioned) I can give is read the config.txt file for each of those assets, contact details are usually held in there and sometimes the license will allow reskins.

What is it exactly you want to do with the Wabtec class 08 and the HEA?

The HEA mesh was built by Gary Green (Greeni) so you need permission from him as well on that one, I made the textures and packaged it for the DLS as we work on projects together.

Saphira123456
January 11th, 2012, 06:04 PM
The Wabtec Class 08 Shunter is an almost-perfect match for Devious Diesel (which SI3D already has), Iron Bert, and Iron 'Arry, (the Smelter's Yard diesels), and some of the other diesels on the Island of Sodor. I want to forward that particular loco on to the "Finishing Touches" team at SI3D and have them get rid of the Wabtec logo, paint some yellow-and-black warning stripes on the front of it for "Iron 'Arry" and "Iron Bert", and put faces on it (with ElDavo's Chameleon livery script so the faces can be changed to match the particular mood that the user wants the locos to be in) for all three of them. All it needs is just those minor adjustments, and it'll be ready. No further work needed; no scripting (excepting the script previously mentioned), no nothing except for those minor adjustments.

As for the HEA; I want to turn it into a hopper off one of the seasons of Thomas and Friends that was called "Hector". All the HEA needs is a new paint job (Paintshed'll take care of that job for me), a face; and some scripting to make it industry-active (assuming it's not already) for Coal.

That's all I want to do; I'm hoping to get into contact with the members of SI3D for an interview to join their team soon; so I need to have something to show them.

Thank you,

Kerry S. Freeman; SI3D-hopeful.

tmz06003
January 11th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I'm Ok with my part of the 08 textures but the sides were derived from Nexusdj's 08 so you need permission from him first and of course Pikkabird- unless Pikka allows reskins of the 08 without permission. Check Pikka's original class 08 base loco before you do anything else.

As for the HEA, are you sure that's the correct wagon, as the Thomas series was based on much older locos and rolling stock, maybe Tom Young's (LTSV) HTV hopper is more appropriate?

Saphira123456
January 11th, 2012, 06:48 PM
As for the HEA, are you sure that's the correct wagon, as the Thomas series was based on much older locos and rolling stock, maybe Tom Young's (LTSV) HTV hopper is more appropriate?

I think I'll check that out; thanks.

tmz06003
January 12th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I think I'll check that out; thanks.

No need- I've checked it out myself.

I had a look at a Hector video on youtube, he is a very, very different wagon to the HEA and the HTV. The one you want has bogies, neither of those mentioned above do.

I think Hector is a ICI bogie limestone hopper, which currently doesn't exist in Trainz. However, a few months ago Greeni started building this very wagon, but since his WIP workbench is the size of China it may take a while to appear!!

Saphira123456
January 12th, 2012, 11:06 AM
No need- I've checked it out myself.

I had a look at a Hector video on youtube, he is a very, very different wagon to the HEA and the HTV. The one you want has bogies, neither of those mentioned above do.

I think Hector is a ICI bogie limestone hopper, which currently doesn't exist in Trainz. However, a few months ago Greeni started building this very wagon, but since his WIP workbench is the size of China it may take a while to appear!!

Yikes, but thanks anyway! I think I'll contact Greeni and see if he can make the wagon TRS2006 compatible.

Saphira123456
January 12th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know Greeni's Username? I can't find 'im on the Forum Members' List, so I don't know how to contact him!

tmz06003
January 12th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know Greeni's Username? I can't find 'im on the Forum Members' List, so I don't know how to contact him!

You have to leave content creators to get on with things in their own time, we have our own set of UK priorities and will get onto these wagons when we can. To put this in perspective, my workload is about the same size as Greeni's and I have at least a years worth of meshes to get through, most of which are for the ECML series of routes.

Saphira123456
February 3rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
You're right... Sorry; I'm just new at this whole "Content Creation" thing.

Anyway, since I'm no longer using TRS2006, this thread can be locked and deleted. :D:mop: