PDA

View Full Version : Having A Problem Downloading Custom Content for Trs 2004

brakeman9
January 9th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Hello:

Im having a problem that I haven`t ever had before. I recently added Trainz 2004 to a new computer I recently bought. I can download scenery and buildings, textures and lots of things from the DS but when it comes to rolling stock and some locomotives, it says downloading and then retrying, downloading, retrying over and over again with no success. Can somebody here help? I realize the version of the game I have is quite old but I enjoy it and many of the same pieces of rolling stock successfully downloading on other computers I have used in the past. What is causing this Downloading, retrying cycle and is there something I can do to fix it.

Thanks In Advance
Michael

R701Rusty
January 9th, 2012, 10:11 PM
G'day Michael,

Guessing the new computer has Win 7 as the OS? Did you install Trainz with Admin privileges and do you run Trainz with the same privileges? For Win 7 this can be important.

Cheers
Russell.

rweber95
January 9th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Have you tried using ftp?

Bob Weber

brakeman9
January 10th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Russel:

The answer is yes. I do have windows 7 installed as my OS and yes I did install the Trainz with administration privileges. However I can shut the AP off (Or at least I think I can.) As for the other reply, pardon my ignorance but I don`t know what ftp is or how it works.
I do however have plenty of items that I was able to download with no problem but I would really like to get some more rolling stock.

Michael

R701Rusty
January 10th, 2012, 10:41 PM
G'day Michael,
I am unable to help you with ftp as although I know of it I know nothing about it, if you can understand that? The answer to your problem looks like being a very interesting one at least and hope that someone will be able to give you the right help soon, my experience with Win 7 is only with TRS04 and a whole different kettle of fish!

Cheers
Russell.

ray_whiley
January 11th, 2012, 03:04 AM
You have a choice downloading using Download (Helper) or Download Page. Click on Page - this gives you a choice of Download (Helper) or Download (FTP). Click on FTP. You will probably be offered a dialogue with which you can choose whether to Run or Save. As far as I know, Run will install the asset in Trainz. Save will give you the choice of saving to a folder of your choice. I always opt for the latter as I'm very wary and this gives me the opportunity to check the download for viruses etc. Then, to get the asset into Trainz, use Import CDP in Content Manager.

Be aware that saving the Page will not download any dependencies and these will have to be acquired individually. I believe that downloading using Helper will download any dependencies. Most of my downloads are simple buildings, cars, people etc. so not downloading dependencies is not a question.

The choice is yours - but I hope this explanation helps you to decide.

Ray

Euphod
January 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM
It seems logical that the problem referenced here by the OP is relative to the size of the file. Do you have an active FCT?