PDA

View Full Version : Raise animated people to platform height

Tony_Howard
January 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I have been experimenting with animated people that I have found from Nickolei Author No. 370528 with a view to using them on platforms. They do not respond to the adjust height command. Does anybody know how to alter the config file or whatever to raise them by 1.3m or so, to enable them to be used on platforms.

Thanks Tony

fran1
January 6th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Use the adjust height tool for static ones or if you want them mobile/walking you need the red line (no idea what it's called). Look for npath workman/woman, they come with line.

Davie_UCF
January 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I just tried with "n manB 3" and was able to adjust his height. Make sure you're getting a good grip on him :p. Sometimes you have to click in the right spot. I'll try the rest out.. you mean the few on the DLS right?

fran1
January 6th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I just tried with "n manB 3" and was able to adjust his height. Make sure you're getting a good grip on him :p. Sometimes you have to click in the right spot. I'll try the rest out.. you mean the few on the DLS right?

I think dermmy will have more on the checkrail site as deps for EK3, where I got most of mine from.

sniper297
January 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Usual fix for objects that don't allow height adjustment is to add the line to the config.txt;

height-range -100,100

But I just tried a couple of those, they do allow height change.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7014/53202719.jpg

The height adjust tool raises/lowers in 1 meter increments, hold down the CTRL key for 0.1 meter increments. Be advised TS2009 SP3 and earlier has a bug that ignores position and orientation data in the config.txt file, for TS2009 SP4 and later you could clone these and add the line;

position 0,0,1.3

Which would make them place by default 1.3 meters high. Since TS2009 SP3 and earlier ignores that line, it won't work correctly in those versions.

Tony_Howard
January 6th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks for your replies guys. You're right, they do allow height adjustment. I was not activating it in exactly the right spot.