PDA

View Full Version : Config.txt messing up.

rastis
December 31st, 2011, 03:45 AM
G'day!:wave:

Firstly, I just dropped in to say a quick hello due to my family and I driving to Queensland for Christmas and New Years. I've had no Internet with my laptop. So this is my one chance to express this little tinkle I'm having.

Adding smidgets to the config.txt of an item within Trainz is not new to me. I've been doing it for quiet a while. For a few weeks, I've been trying to add "Freight Bogey Medium" tracksound to "SAR Archbar Bogey Narrow Gauge" due to the current tracksound becoming boring. I managed to add a tracksound to it before, and it was fine. But I've reverted to original to try a new sound. I copied the
I copied the track-sound container from the NSW 2CD Bogey's config and replaced it's kuid with the Archbar's. I copied the Track-sound line into the kuid table, saved and committed the asset. But as I viewed the config, the lines I had added, the obsolete table, kuid table and thumbnails table had vanished. The same thing happens when I add a sound to the NSW 2cm bogey and the B-63 bogey for thebigman's CFCLA flats. Any ideas?

Cheers! :)

Jake.

Euphod
December 31st, 2011, 08:29 AM
Are you working in Explorer, have you cloned the object?

rastis
December 31st, 2011, 04:16 PM
G'day! :wave:

If I clone the object, it tells me it's faulty and missing a number of texture.txt files. And if I add the bogey to rolling stock, the rolling stock is faulty and is missing texture.txt files that aren't found anywhere.

So I just stuck to working on the original bogey.

Cheers! :)

Jake.

Mick_Berg
December 31st, 2011, 04:40 PM
This is discussed at length in this thread;
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=83477

You can usually fix those problems by running the asset through PEV's "texture2TGA" (or something like that) application which extracts the TGA and texture.txt files from the .texture file. (or something like that);)

Mick Berg.

Scottbe8
January 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Cloning usually creates the new copy with the minimum supported build number, creating the errors. By changing the build number in the config to an earlier build (I usually use 2.5), you can bypass those errors.