PDA

View Full Version : Multliplayer UMR Summer TS12

William0d0
December 23rd, 2011, 02:58 PM
There is a multiplayer session running right now.

Multiplayer UMR, woo hoo.

mmonti
December 23rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Yes, Thanks to neilsmith749 who gave his permission, and to many contributors to list, I have created a MP session for this great map. Were still working out a few small things, but were off to a good start.
Route information can be found at;
http://madmikesradio.net/Trainz/UMR_Home.html
Voice communications with TeamSpeak3. connect at 66.45.231.18
Official Announcement Coming Soon !

LET'S MOVE SOME IRON AROUND TOGETHER :D

Happy Holidays !!
Mike Monti
http://madmikesradio.net

railventure
December 24th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Ran this map for several hours, but noboby joined it. Think this is because i live in Australia it is hard to be on when most are.

The map is very good and i ran the 0-6-0 steamer up to the logging industry and then down to the lumber mills delivering logs and avoiding the mining trains which are constantly on the move, their crews never sleep :).
Anyway i would recommend this session to anyone who likes industry and mainline running.

MrHAJO
December 24th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Hello, please check the Map, if there is an broken Spline in Bloomfield by Colony MFG. I've found today that the track is not connected with this Industry.

MrHAJO

William0d0
December 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Hello, please check the Map, if there is an broken Spline in Bloomfield by Colony MFG. I've found today that the track is not connected with this Industry.

MrHAJO

I did a look-see and have the same problem here.

You may want to post this info at the UMR-TS12-SUMMER thread http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=79180, I think we get a better chance neilsmith749 sees it there.

neilsmith749
December 24th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I just checked and you're right - that spline was disconnected. A common and frustrating problem to say the least. It happens when merging maps. I had just released an updated summer version with better track. Which version is the multiplayer sessions using? For now, we'll just have to not use that industry, as it's not really worth it to re-release it for just one little fix.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, so if you notice any more problems, let me know, and I'll get them fixed, and eventually release a completely problem-free (hopefully) route.

Thanks for your patience.

William0d0
December 24th, 2011, 11:42 PM
I just checked and you're right - that spline was disconnected. A common and frustrating problem to say the least. It happens when merging maps. I had just released an updated summer version with better track. Which version is the multiplayer sessions using? For now, we'll just have to not use that industry, as it's not really worth it to re-release it for just one little fix.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, so if you notice any more problems, let me know, and I'll get them fixed, and eventually release a completely problem-free (hopefully) route.

This route is so big it would take an Army of spotters to notice these things.

But the fact that I got to run a train for around 100 miles in a multiplayer session means that things are really moving forward in the Trainz world.

Woo Hoo, Multi player UMR, Who'd a think such thing possible?

No complaints here.

MrHAJO
January 11th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hi, it's another (older) Problem.

You can't order a AI-Driver to STEEL COIL UNLOADING in Halden because it is OUT TRACK. Thats in all UMR Maps (incl. UMR 2011 and older). If you drive self, you can unload without derailing, but AI-Driver never reached this Industry. The same was on BARTON POWER UTILITY in a older Map, I'm not sure which Map is was.

MrHAJO

neilsmith749
January 12th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah, that's probably true MrHaJO. When an industry is on an end track (ie, a track that doesn't continue anywhere) the AI drivers often won't venture in because it sees no more signals. I've tried to put invisible signals at the end of such tracks, to allow the previous signals to show a caution, but I must have missed that one. My apologies!:wave:

T_H_0_M_A_S
January 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
well everything works for now , but how do i join the server shown on madmikes page . when i start the game i can host my own session , but i would like to join a server !

nm , it takes a while for the server to show up but im joined as i speak

MrHAJO
January 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM
You can join a MP-Session im Session-Menu in TS12. If there a green Triangel, then is a MP-Session open and you can join. But it take a while because Network Data loading (ca.15 min.)

cyber_bonzai
January 18th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Call me a goose, but how do i find this map, or where do i download it from as its not in my game from what i can see???

Lewiscc65
January 18th, 2012, 08:44 AM
You have to down load the following:
UMR-TS12-SUMMER kuid2:95512:100024:5 and
UMR-TS12-SUMMER MultiPlayer Session Ver 1.6 kuid2:69116:100063:2

MrHAJO
January 20th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Hello,
I've found 3 disconnected Tracks in Gladston, all by MTCE SDG. My Train derailed as i tryed unload Goods by MTCE.

Edit: Exactly is the Coal Tipple not connected.

neilsmith749
January 20th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Hello,
I've found 3 disconnected Tracks in Gladston, all by MTCE SDG. My Train derailed as i tryed unload Goods by MTCE.

Edit: Exactly is the Coal Tipple not connected.

Great - thanks for that. I've corrected it on my machine. Once we figure we've got all the errors fixed, I'll upload it again.

neil

Lewiscc65
January 21st, 2012, 05:29 AM
Neil, great route and I have enjoyed it for some time. This route has now become quite popular in the multiplayer community. We would appreciate your release of the fixes as soon as you can. It makes it hard to run effectively with business out of order. There is only so much we can do at the session level to work around the errors. Thanks. Carl

colourlight
January 21st, 2012, 06:10 AM
It was working fine but now when I try to play it i am told there are missing dependencies and is not available as a multi player route. frustrated.

neilsmith749
January 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM
It was working fine but now when I try to play it i am told there are missing dependencies and is not available as a multi player route. frustrated.

I've found that too - I've never even tried multiplayer until a day or two ago, and could not get in to any of the sessions, as it had some broken dependencies. One was a built-in (I think) coal hopper, and the other was Maddy's gondola. Not sure if that is the reason why I can't get in to these multiplayer sessions.

I'll send out a new version over the next few days. The only reason I haven't done it sooner is because, invariably, as soon as I do, more errors are found!:hehe: Hopefully we've got most of them fixed. Please let me know if you find anything else that you'd like to see fixed.

I'll post here when it's been uploaded.

Lewiscc65
January 21st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks Neil. I am not sure why people are having problems with with the session. There are a lot of us using it. There should be an updated version of the multiplayer session ready for download today or Sunday, thanks to Mike Monti.

colourlight
January 21st, 2012, 05:46 PM
Version 6a is now up and running. There is a session now. The more the merrier.

bem2
January 21st, 2012, 08:09 PM
A session is going on now, if anyone wants to join.

neilsmith749
January 21st, 2012, 09:54 PM
I'm getting two broken assets.

The first surprises me, as it's built-in. It's the "IC 4 bay hopper loaded" -1:101224.

The other one is "Mill Gondola, 52', Railgon" 2:124017:5013:3

Would the fact that these are included cause the session not to load? Forgive me, but I'm new to this multiplayer thing.

Or, maybe more likely, as I've changed the map to fix some of the aforementioned errors, even though the kuid# is the same, maybe that is why it won't load.

Any ideas?

colourlight
January 22nd, 2012, 05:26 AM
I think the reason is you changed the map. Everyone must have exactly the same version.

neilsmith749
January 22nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
I think the reason is you changed the map. Everyone must have exactly the same version.

Yeah, I figured as much. I guess that makes sense. I'm just going through the whole thing again to make sure there aren't any broken industry tracks, and then I'll upload it again.

neilsmith749
January 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Okay, the (hopefully) repaired latest version is available now, along with the two related sessions. Hope it works for all you multi-players out there! :wave:

UPDATE
For some reason, it's showing approved, but not listed YET. I'll let y'all know when it's available.

MrHAJO
January 24th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I'm getting two broken assets.

The first surprises me, as it's built-in. It's the "IC 4 bay hopper loaded" -1:101224.

The other one is "Mill Gondola, 52', Railgon" 2:124017:5013:3

Any ideas?

Hi, this Assets are ok for me, not faulty marked.

colourlight
January 24th, 2012, 06:49 PM
The latest update, 1.6c has been approved and should be available on the Download Station, probably tomorrow. Mmonti aims to run his session 24/7 to give you scope for long term operational planning. The session is fairly informal with very few rules. Remember Americans drive on the RIGHT and please reset point switches for the main line after use. Apart from that responsible players are welcome. Anyone not familiar with this route will find it HUGE with a lot of interactive industries. I found it to be a really well made route and, because of the sheer size of it, there are a lot of locomotives and wagons scattered all over the route. My only adverse comment is I find the speed limits restrictive, being British but I believe they are in keeping with American Railroads and in any case, Mmonti only has session permission so I don,t think he can change them. Thanks Mmonti for all your hard work. Hope you can join us. The more players the better. Number of Max players is high which will make life interesting, lol. In case you missed Mmonti's post on page 1 there is a link to his website which not only contains useful information about the industries etc! has a live feed from the session which updates every few seconds so you can keep an eye on us!

neilsmith749
January 25th, 2012, 10:42 AM
The updated route is now available on the dls.

colourlight
January 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Refering to my previous post I can confirm session 6.1b is also on the DLS
There are currently a few issues indirectly related to installing the new route and session versions. Earlier the DLS was not working but it does apear ok now. When I tried to run the new route and session I firstly got the message "multiplayer not working" then the message "your sign in and password are invalid" so you may have to be a little patient if you want to play the new session in multiplayer. These issues are most likely server related and should resolve themselves when the technicians have finished messing about with it.

Lewiscc65
January 25th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Neil, sorry to say there is some missing track at Fisherville station. Add it to the list. I am sure we will find some more since the route is now getting played played allot now.

neilsmith749
January 25th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Neil, sorry to say there is some missing track at Fisherville station. Add it to the list. I am sure we will find some more since the route is now getting played played allot now.

Ughhhh - that station gave me problems. Now looking back on it, the track is kind of there, but not connected to anything, and I can't delete it. I'll have to delete the entire station and replace it. Do I smell yet another version? :o

neilsmith749
January 25th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Okay, it's fixed on my machine. I'll give it another week to see if any other problems are found, and then will re-submit it at the beginning of February. Sorry for the problems.

colourlight
January 25th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Refering to my previous post I can confirm session 6.1b is also on the DLS
There are currently a few issues indirectly related to installing the new route and session versions. Earlier the DLS was not working but it does apear ok now. When I tried to run the new route and session I firstly got the message "multiplayer not working" then the message "your sign in and password are invalid" so you may have to be a little patient if you want to play the new session in multiplayer. These issues are most likely server related and should resolve themselves when the technicians have finished messing about with it.
Of course, I meant session 6.1c. Thanks Neil for repairing the route.

Lewiscc65
January 26th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Okay, it's fixed on my machine. I'll give it another week to see if any other problems are found, and then will re-submit it at the beginning of February. Sorry for the problems.
Thanks Neil I will let you know if we find anything else. Carl

Scottbe8
January 26th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I've got a local problem with running the session. Despite having all the necessary components and assets locally-installed in their original versions, I cannot run Multiplayer 1.6c. Short of deleting everything non-built-in and redownloading the route and its dependencies, what should I do?

inprr
January 27th, 2012, 02:39 AM
i cant join ether.:(

oknotsen
January 27th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Various people have noted that the MP servers are currently down, so it might have nothing to do with UMR.

In case it does:
Make sure you downloaded both the updates session AND the updated route.

colourlight
January 27th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Don,t panic. Multi player servers are offline. Try later.

Lewiscc65
January 27th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Neil we need the switch name changed for Millhurst & Carver Dairy Transfer. The switch and Industry both have the same name and AI can not find the industry. In my test I just added a 1 in the name and it worked. Thanks Carl

neilsmith749
January 27th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Neil we need the switch name changed for Millhurst & Carver Dairy Transfer. The switch and Industry both have the same name and AI can not find the industry. In my test I just added a 1 in the name and it worked. Thanks Carl

Okay - I know there's a few of those instances around. I usually will put a space in one of the names, and that works too. Thanks for the info, and I'll ensure those changes are included.

Keep me updated of any other problems you find.

Thanks

neil

Lewiscc65
January 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Neil found an other on. Millbury Silos is disconnected. I a in the process of looking at all industries so I will let you know if I find any others.

neilsmith749
February 3rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
It's amazing that this bug (track becoming disconnected from industries) has not been fixed. Terribly frustrating. Anyway, thanks to all for pointing out what needs to be fixed. I think I'll delay the next upload for another week, since the forums were down.

danny5
February 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=neilsmith749;937269] I usually will put a space in one of the names, and that works too.
Thank for min-chining this! Now i won't have to redo my coal mine just the junction names.Thank you

Lewiscc65
February 5th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Neil I think we have them all. Knock on wood!! The rout has been played pretty heavily the last week and no more broken track have been reported.

neilsmith749
February 5th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I just had a message that there's a problem at Harrington Forestry, so I'll check that out. I do thank you all for checking it out for me.

Lewiscc65
February 6th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I do not know what they reported but I just ran a train through all the tracks and no problem. Industry seems OK also.

colourlight
February 6th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Neilsmith, I don,t know if this has been mentioned but looking at the session yesterday via Monti,s website, I saw 3 broken tracks leading off a turntable outside a roundhouse.

neilsmith749
February 6th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Okay - if you could let me know which roundhouse, I'll take a look. Thanks for your help.

neil

neilsmith749
February 6th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I do not know what they reported but I just ran a train through all the tracks and no problem. Industry seems OK also.

Thanks Lewis - that's great news!!

colourlight
February 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I went into a session and found the Roundhouse. It is Gunnison. However, when you look closely at the track I think the broken track was an illusion caused by two different types of track joining. Better forget it.

fsbrown
February 6th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Is anyone else having a download problem with UMR-TS12-Summer and UMR-TS12-Summer MP v1.6c? They are showing up in my "automatic download" but changing to red after trying to download them, then when you move the cursor over the titles, you get a message indicating "Asset not compatible with this version of TS12?
I've loaded the updates and the build is 49922.

colourlight
February 7th, 2012, 03:34 AM
I think I know why. If you have tried to do it in the last few hours then it is probably because the servers are undergoing maintainence. This is a new look forum but I,m sure the versions of Trainz we have should appea rat the top of our posts. Wait a little while and have another go.

danny5
February 7th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I have been having that problem too. I thought it was my Internet connection.(DSL) I can't DL the route any way CM,BLACK PAGES,CDP.

colourlight
February 7th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Again, if this is a very recent problem, in the last few hours, this could be a server maintainence issue which is scheduled for today and is likely to cause disruption. I am assuming your versions are registered and you have an enabled FCT. If problem does not resolve itself by tomorrow there is likely to be another reason.

danny5
February 7th, 2012, 08:20 PM
No i have been having this for weeks. Can not get the route to DL at any way i try. 78.37 mb will get to the end and stop dead will not complete!
I had a old virsion and when i tried to update it that when i got the massage=Asset not compatible with this version of TS12?
Thank for the help but need more.

fsbrown
February 8th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Yes, mine has been this way for at least a week and more like two.

danny5
February 8th, 2012, 01:56 AM
I am happy to say i got it DLed tonight. I don't know why but i went to the black pages and DLed it as a ftp & saved it to my desk top and imported it to trainz by CMP. Everything went fine and was able to get on the session.
I don't know if this had anything to do with it but i went into CMP and deleated all the routes & sessions that i didn't use.
Thanks to everyone that tried to help.

Lewiscc65
February 9th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Well Neil I hate to say it but I found another one. By the Gladston port scrap facility ther is a gate that is disconnected.

neilsmith749
February 9th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Excellent - keep 'em coming. I'll check into it right now. I swear these were all connected at one point! lol

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could keep using the route for another week or two, so I can hopefully do one FINAL revision to correct everything. (How many times have I said that?) hehe

motorhed
February 13th, 2012, 04:32 PM
3rd coal loading bay at sherwood,I derailed after backing past the loader into the same siding.And don't forget the orphaned industry north of harrington forestry.

neilsmith749
February 13th, 2012, 06:02 PM
3rd coal loading bay at sherwood,I derailed after backing past the loader into the same siding.And don't forget the orphaned industry north of harrington forestry.

Thanks - will definitely check it out. Oh, and if you're referring to the two tracks under the surface that aren't attached to anything, that is how it was intended. I wanted to use the forestry industry for the buildings, but not for the tracks, so that industry has been "sunk" and those tracks are not intended to be used or seen.

Update - just fixed the Sherwood coal siding. Thank you so much, and let me know if you find anything else.

I'm also adding a few kilometers of track to "tie up some loose ends" - should make some destinations a little quicker to reach.

Stay tuned!!!

oknotsen
February 13th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I'm also adding a few kilometers of track to "tie up some loose ends" - should make some destinations a little quicker to reach.A sweet, not only bug fixes but also (even if it is little compared to the size of the map) new content.
Looking forward to see that.

colourlight
February 14th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Mmonti,s latest session version D should now be on the DLS. If you can,t see it, drag Version C to the download box and "start" This will update to D. All the Autoracks, apart from one, can now transport Chrysler cars. Other changes include adjusting Interactive Industries produce and/or consume amounts.

Scottbe8
February 16th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I'm still experiencing an error when trying to join the Fun Run:

"Unable to join session. The session, route, or some of its dependencies are not built-in and are not on the download station."

I have confirmed in CMP3.6 that 1) The route is up-to-date and has all dependencies locally installed; 2) The session is up-to-date and has all dependencies locally installed; and 3) none of the dependencies are faulty or have "locally modified" flags, or are themselves missing dependencies or out of date/obsolete. I have TS12 build 49922 installed in "C:\Program Files\N3VGames", and I am running Win7SP1x64 Home Premium. All Trainz programs are set to run with elevated privileges (Administrator). Trainz Diagnostic passes my system specs as "Fit to run TS12". I am able to join any other multiplayer session such as the one for the Debrecen/Nyiregyhaza route.

Where do you think the problem may lie, and what additional information would you require from me to confirm your theory?

colourlight
February 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hi, Scottbe8. I get that message from time to time. It is usually when I have updated the route or version but unable to connect to the multi player server. Double check to see if you have the latest route version and session version. Try dragging the bottom route to download box and select "start". Do the same with session version 6.1D. Then try to play it. If that dowsn,t work try downloading all of your updates. And if that fails, delete route altogether and go back to step 1 and 2, installing route and session. i hope you can get it to work it,s a great route and session.

Scottbe8
February 18th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I tried all of that. No change.

What puzzles me is that CMP sometimes marks the route and base sessions as "Faulty", but can't seem to find any errors or warnings. Why does this happen? This is not the only asset that does this.

EDIT: I think I fixed it. I reverted a dependency in CMP, and when I tried to join again, it downloaded an asset called "Steam" and launched the session.

colourlight
February 20th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I look forward to seeing you online Scott.

JIb228
February 20th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Here's the problem I have each time I try to join. I jet a message saying that i have the wrong version of Trainz Installed. But I have TRS12 that I downloaded from N3V and not Steam. Ive got TRS updated to the latest build. I can even join other games. I just dont know why I can join UMR. Any ideas?

colourlight
February 21st, 2012, 05:01 AM
Hi, Think I,ve had that message at one point. Can,t remember what it atually meant. It may have been the dependancies need to be downloaded but the multi player server is down. The only other thing to check, that I can think of is that you have the most recent route version and the most recent session version, 1.6D I believe from memory.

neilsmith749
February 22nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hey guys - Just wanted to mention that the newest version, along with the associated sessions, was accepted by the dls last night, and should hopefully be available sometime today. It's not there yet, but should be soon (I hope). I've taken everyone's input and fixed the problems. I went through the entire route and checked every industry track, water column, track gate and turntable. As far as I could see, there are no disconnected tracks. (I know I'm tempting fate when I say this). And as a little bonus, there is about 15kms of new track, including another small town with a station and a couple of industries.

To the multiplayer creators: If you're interested, let me know which industries you wanted adjusted, and I'll submit a new base session for you. Also, let me know if you want or do not want rolling stock included.

I really hope there are no errors in this one, because I've spend a LOT of time trying to fix everything. Got my fingers crossed - hope you like it.

Beattie
February 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hey guys - Just wanted to mention that the newest version, along with the associated sessions, was accepted by the dls last night, and should hopefully be available sometime today. It's not there yet, but should be soon (I hope). I've taken everyone's input and fixed the problems. I went through the entire route and checked every industry track, water column, track gate and turntable. As far as I could see, there are no disconnected tracks. (I know I'm tempting fate when I say this). And as a little bonus, there is about 15kms of new track, including another small town with a station and a couple of industries.

To the multiplayer creators: If you're interested, let me know which industries you wanted adjusted, and I'll submit a new base session for you. Also, let me know if you want or do not want rolling stock included.

I really hope there are no errors in this one, because I've spend a LOT of time trying to fix everything. Got my fingers crossed - hope you like it.

Nice work neilsmith. You know you should come play with us on the server sometime.

JIb228
February 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
This here: http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Jib228/Jib228_20120222_0001.jpg is the message I get when ever I try to join.

Beattie
February 22nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
This here: http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/Jib228/Jib228_20120222_0001.jpg is the message I get when ever I try to join.

Happened to me first time try download multiplayer 1.6c and then let content manager update it to latest build and I got mine to work well at least going from 1.6c to 1.6d

Lewiscc65
February 22nd, 2012, 02:46 PM

Make sure you are at build 49922. If you are give me a screenshot right before you try to join. Carl

oknotsen
February 22nd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Just wanted to mention that the newest version, along with the associated sessions, was accepted by the dls last night
Hi Neil,

Can you tell me if this is the new KUID? <kuid2:95512:100024:7>
If so, it is available for download by adding an older version to your download list.

JIb228
February 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Make sure you are at build 49922. If you are give me a screenshot right before you try to join. Carl

Ive got build 49922 and can join other sessions. I can even host my own. Its just that I get that message each time I try to join.

neilsmith749
February 22nd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Hi Neil,

Can you tell me if this is the new KUID? <kuid2:95512:100024:7>
If so, it is available for download by adding an older version to your download list.

That is indeed the latest kuid. I'm amazed you could find it - it doesn't even show available yet in the "my content" section of Planet Auran! wow!

neilsmith749
February 22nd, 2012, 07:43 PM
Ughhh!!!! I just noticed the classification yard has a problem which causes potential derailments. Stay tuned for kuid:8!!

colourlight
February 22nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hi, where is the Classification Yard please?

elzy89
February 23rd, 2012, 12:03 AM

This is the first US themed route I have ever really enjoyed. The MP sessions are also great fun. :D

neilsmith749
February 23rd, 2012, 12:08 AM
Hi, where is the Classification Yard please?

Extreme West end.

colourlight
February 23rd, 2012, 12:32 AM
That must be in the hump shunting yard in Smithville. Have a look at my thread in this forum. The Classification Yard must be the one below the hump.I have spent hours pushing trains over the hump, and sending them into their allocated siding. That is really bad news. My career as a Trainz hump shunter could be over. Unemployment beckons. Perhaps Neilsmith will give me severance pay?

T_H_0_M_A_S
February 23rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
is there gonna be a server up today ? :)

oknotsen
February 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
is there gonna be a server up today ? :)
You mean a session?
There has been a UMR MP session up the last 3 hours.

It does require you to download the latest version though.

T_H_0_M_A_S
February 23rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
i have downloaded everything but i do no see anything :s

T_H_0_M_A_S
February 23rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
last version is 1.6D ?

T_H_0_M_A_S
February 23rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
i see motorheds game but tis protected

neilsmith749
February 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
That must be in the hump shunting yard in Smithville. Have a look at my thread in this forum. The Classification Yard must be the one below the hump.I have spent hours pushing trains over the hump, and sending them into their allocated siding. That is really bad news. My career as a Trainz hump shunter could be over. Unemployment beckons. Perhaps Neilsmith will give me severance pay?

No bad news here - I haven't actually used the summer version since making a bunch of changes, and I noticed I was getting a lot of derailments from cars smashing into each other too fast, so when I investigated, I noticed I was missing a bunch of retarders. That is the fix - now the cars coast much slower down the sidings, and I haven't had a derailment since.

I'll be submitting this fixed version today, so (and I'm sorry for all these versions) expect the newest one in a day or two.

neilsmith749
February 23rd, 2012, 10:45 AM
I'm really torn on the issue of the FMA grasses. I know in their present form on the dls, they are LOD-ready, which causes that annoying pop-up a few meters ahead of the train. I have deleted the line in the config.'s that causes that to happen, so the grasses stretch off far into the distance. Unfortunately, to be multiplayer capable, the route must use the original, unmodified assets. So the question is: No grass at all or pop-ups?

Ideally, if we could get the creator of the grasses to re-release the grasses without the LOD feature, that would solve the problems the multiplayer folks are having. I'll send of a PM to the creator to see what he says.

As it sits now, I'm not prepared to remove the grasses, as I really like the look of them, especially in the sidings and lesser used tracks. I hope you all understand.

Deano5
February 23rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hi Niel, have you thought about using JVC grass instead? Jankvis has made a lot of very good grasses and released them on the DLS, they can easily be swapped with the change assets tool. Either way I do love the route but I know what you mean about pop up grass, very annoying.
Thanks for all your hard work. :wave:

neilsmith749
February 23rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hi Niel, have you thought about using JVC grass instead? Jankvis has made a lot of very good grasses and released them on the DLS, they can easily be swapped with the change assets tool. Either way I do love the route but I know what you mean about pop up grass, very annoying.
Thanks for all your hard work. :wave:

I'll check into the JVC grasses, assuming, of course, that they're on the dls, and they'd have to be splines as well.

I've sent a message to Vendel regarding him potentially releasing some non-LOD versions of the grasses, which would solve the problem. The other option which I may consider is to release a specific multiplayer version of the route without the grass. I'll keep you all advised of the progress.

colourlight
February 23rd, 2012, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=oknotsen;949393]You mean a session?
There has been a UMR MP session up the last 3 hour Hello Thomas. as of 5 minutes ago Mmonti started a new session. In order to join, go to the DLS and download Neilsmiths latest UMR Summer TS 12 vwersion (the bottom one) you will then be able to play. I already know you have the latest session by Mmonti, 1.6D.

oknotsen
February 23rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Hi Neil,

I noticed some invisible speed signs on your route for 20, 40 and 100 Kph. Since I also found visible speed signs for Mph, I assume this was a mistake as I doubt you intentionally are mixing the Metric and the Imperial system.

Check out the tracks around Millbury. Directly West of a switch called "Mackie" for example.

I have not scanned your whole route; I just discovered these checking out the new added baseboards.

neilsmith749
February 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hi Neil,

I noticed some invisible speed signs on your route for 20, 40 and 100 Kph. Since I also found visible speed signs for Mph, I assume this was a mistake as I doubt you intentionally are mixing the Metric and the Imperial system.

Check out the tracks around Millbury. Directly West of a switch called "Mackie" for example.

I have not scanned your whole route; I just discovered these checking out the new added baseboards.

You're indeed correct. I am aware that some are in MPH and some are KPH. The net effect on the area still is fine though. A lot of the time certain types were selected just because they were close at hand, and I didn't have to search for them. Other times I needed specific speeds which weren't available (at the time) in the format that I wanted. Anyway, they shouldn't cause any problems.

nickelplateroad
February 23rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Why not? I tried to join session dead...:confused:

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/1772/nickelplateroad20120222.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/nickelplateroad20120222.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)

Still dead......:confused:

NKP

colourlight
February 24th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Why not? I tried to join session dead...:confused:

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/1772/nickelplateroad20120222.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/nickelplateroad20120222.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us/)

Still dead......:confused:

NKP
. Could you expain more clearly. Why is the session Dead? Do you mean you could not join the session? If that is there case I have a follow up question. Can you play any other multi player game, either as a host or guest?

oknotsen
February 24th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Why not? I tried to join session dead...:confused:If you had taken 2 seconds of your time to actually read the message you got in the middle of your screen, you would have known that you do not have the latest version of either the route or the session. So... download those and try again.

T_H_0_M_A_S
February 24th, 2012, 12:54 PM
last night an awesome session , ive build a massive coal train , drove for almost 200 miles , then a laggy switch killed the whole train .
maybe some the host can add consist if possible , so when you make an error , you still have new cars available .

Beattie
February 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM
last night an awesome session , ive build a massive coal train , drove for almost 200 miles , then a laggy switch killed the whole train .
maybe some the host can add consist if possible , so when you make an error , you still have new cars available .

We have already planned for the next update to have a track by itself for one type of car each so we can clone more for when thigns like this happens we can fix it.

colourlight
February 24th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Of course, it is much better if you don,t derail or crash in the first place. And having shorter trains will limit the amount of rolling stock lost in the session if the worst happens. Shortage of locomotives and Rolling Stock is one of the reasons Mmonti has had to restart Having the ability to replace lost assets in the session is not an excuse for players to drive recklessly. The actions of a thoughtless or selfish person can spoil the session for those players who are behaving responsibly.

trainfan2017
February 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I have downloaded the latest version and made sure all the dependences are installed which they are and i get the same message as displayed by nickelplateroad. It says that items are not built-in etc... Anyone know how to resolve?

shaneturner12
February 26th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Have you tried an extended database repair?

Due to it being a weekend in most places, it may be that the server's playing up again.

Shane

neilsmith749
February 26th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hi folks

I just wanted to give you an update about how things are going. I know I said I'd have the "final" version released last week, but some things have come up. I know one of the biggest issues for MP users was that of the LOD-type grasses which are used extensively throughout the route. I wanted to address this issue before releasing the route. I've come up with two different solutions - not sure which one will be used yet. The first is replacing them with some of the JVC grass splines. They're not set up for LOD, and therefore will not "pop up" like the present ones do. The downside is that I feel they don't look as good as the other ones. As it sits presently, the route has been converted over to the JVC splines. The second option is already in motion. I've contacted Vendel, the creator of the FMA grass, and he has graciously offered to re-release the grass-spline pack for the later versions of trainz, which will NOT be LOD. The downside to this option is that I'm not sure when they'll be released. I've decided to give it a week or two, to see if they become available, and then I will use the original ones.

I've spent a LOT of time over the last week or so trying to troubleshoot and fix any "wrong" looking areas. Things that I've worked on are: ensuring all industry tracks are connected (including industries, stations, gates, waterplugs, turntables, etc), working on the aforementioned grass situation, replacing unnecessary signal gantries with track-side signals, and getting the humpyard working better, buy adding a few more retarders which keep the cars' speed in more control, and thus reducing derailments by "smashing". It should be noted that cars weighing under 12 tons seem to lose their momentum. As there are very few cars that weigh that little, I've just adjusted the weights of these "light" cars on my machine to 14 or 15 tons and they work fine.

Right now, I'm just doing a fly-over of the whole route to look for anything in particular that looks wrong. I thank you all for your patience, and hope that this version will solve the previously mentioned problems, and satisfy the needs for the MP users as well.

Hopefully in the next week or two the new version should be available. :wave:

Lewiscc65
February 26th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks Neil. All of us that are currently involved in the multiplayer session greatly appreciate your time an effert in making this the session to play. Just had a report of a track disconnect at Millbury Water Column. If you could have a look please. Carl

neilsmith749
February 26th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I think I caught that one already, but I'll double check. Thanks again.

colourlight
February 26th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Talking of grass, I have an intense dislike of it. If it was possible in the session, I would use a weedkilling train to get rid of it! On a serious note, there is so much of it in the sidings that in some places you can,t see the track during the hours of darkness. All you can see are the point switches sticking up through the grass which not only detracts from the enjoyment of the route but increases the likihood of a derailment as you as you can never be certain the switches are set for the track you are on. I would prefer not to have any grass at all but if we are going to be stuck with it, at least restrict it to a reasonable amount.I would much prefer to drive along a railway track as opposed to a grass field.

colourlight
February 26th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Latest Developments in Mmonti's Session. At about 03.40 AM UK time the camera session crashed. I think this is his base session although I,m not 100% sure. If this is the case we will have to wait for a restart. The other news is, Mmonti and Lewis have both been working hard and the latest version is expected to be availalable on the DLS in the next couple of days or so. Changes include, increasing the interactive Industries produce and consume rates amd changes to the rolling stock Fleet. More wagons can now carry woodchips. The green coke wagons can now carry something useful. Other wagons which either cannot carry anything or can,t carry any commodity in this session have been removed. Other wagons can now carry more commodities. Which reminds me. Lewis has been a busy boy! If you go to the sessions Teamspeak 3 Frequency and double click on "Trainz" it should open a link to the browser which contains lots of useful files which you can download. One of which is a list of Rolling Stock and what they can carry in the session. SAFETY WARNING. There is a section of broken track adjacent to the Water Column in Milbury, close to the Station. Trains can only arrive and depart from the station at the East, Ghoo Junction end. This should be corrected in the next route version.

vendel
February 27th, 2012, 04:03 AM
@ Hi Neil, I have news for you.

I have sent the upgraded grass splines to DLS today at 9.00 am GMT.
They basically look like the old assets but made by a new method so they work in TS2009 or higher Trainz version only. (Tested in TS10 and TS12 native mode.)
The only problem is that they have new kuids and they will NOT obsolete the old splines. I'm a little bit troubled with the old spline versions, not mentioned that some of them are built-in in TS10 and 12. From the other side, the DLS drop back the uploaded assets if they have obsolete-table regarding non-existing DLS-content. So I made an other cdp-package of the new grasses which WILL obsolete the old ones. This is totally same as the DLS version, except the config files. This version is available from here:

This will help you to upgrade your map and your multiplayer partners can download the new grasses from the DLS. I hope they will listed tomorrow or after.

Best regards
vendel

neilsmith749
February 27th, 2012, 10:15 AM
@ Hi Neil, I have news for you.

I have sent the upgraded grass splines to DLS today at 9.00 am GMT.
They basically look like the old assets but made by a new method so they work in TS2009 or higher Trainz version only. (Tested in TS10 and TS12 native mode.)
The only problem is that they have new kuids and they will NOT obsolete the old splines. I'm a little bit troubled with the old spline versions, not mentioned that some of them are built-in in TS10 and 12. From the other side, the DLS drop back the uploaded assets if they have obsolete-table regarding non-existing DLS-content. So I made an other cdp-package of the new grasses which WILL obsolete the old ones. This is totally same as the DLS version, except the config files. This version is available from here:

http://speedy.sh/RA6Hj/FMA2-igrass-meshlib-obs-version.cdp

This will help you to upgrade your map and your multiplayer partners can download the new grasses from the DLS. I hope they will listed tomorrow or after.

Best regards
vendel

That's great news Vendel!!! Thank you so much for your effort. I am indeed grateful, and will keep an eye out for the new ones.

All the best,

neil

colourlight
February 27th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Update to my previous post. Mmonti,s latest version, which is 2.0 is now available on the DLS. Check out the 3 new boxcars in Smithville Yard. Impressive. You will find that a lot of the rolling stock can carry a greater range of commodities as well. See you in the session.

svenkill
February 28th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I've been trying to play this session for about a week now. Tried downloading the session, deleting and redownloading, checking all missing dependencies, updating all content...nothing. It still will not let me join the Fun Run nor the Summer Session v2. I can play the Base session without issues though so this tells me the route is working. Is there something I'm missing? Right now I have version 2 installed, all content updated and no missing dependencies. Here's a screenshot of the error I get.
http://i40.tinypic.com/24wrs4h.jpg

oknotsen
February 28th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Can you please check if your build is 49922? If not, please go patch your version of TS12. Links to patches can be found in the TS12 forum.

Note that a new version is currently made available of the session, so you might just have been unlucky and have to re-download the very latest version.

svenkill
February 28th, 2012, 10:01 PM
The game is patched to 49922 already. I can delete the session and try one more time I suppose...

Update - ok, so I just deleted the session from my CM and redownloaded version 2.0. Still same error when I try to join the session.

Update 2 - Well, I did a database repair and re-updated my dependencies. That seemed to have fixed the problem!

Beattie
February 28th, 2012, 11:28 PM
The game is patched to 49922 already. I can delete the session and try one more time I suppose...

Update - ok, so I just deleted the session from my CM and redownloaded version 2.0. Still same error when I try to join the session.

Update 2 - Well, I did a database repair and re-updated my dependencies. That seemed to have fixed the problem!

Glad you got it working hope to see you soon on there :)

nickelplateroad
February 29th, 2012, 11:33 AM
That' suck!! I tried to join session. It's not work alike above page 111. I has patched 49922. How do with me? PLEASE help!!

NKP

colourlight
February 29th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Sorry to hear you can,t jointhe session. the current one has been running over 48 hours and is going well. It seems to be getting more popular by the day and is developing a cult following with the same faces logging in everyday. OK try this. First go to the DLS and drag the bottom version of neilsmiiths route to the download box and then Mmonti's latest version 2.0 amd press start when it finishes searching. When it resumes idle launch the game from the DLS window. Try and join the session. if this does not work go back to the DLS and do an extended database repair.

JIb228
March 1st, 2012, 12:49 AM
That' suck!! I tried to join session. It's not work alike above page 111. I has patched 49922. How do with me? PLEASE help!!

NKP

First off, a little better grammar might help us understand what your trying to say.

Second, delete the session and the route ether in game or in CMP. Then do an extended database repair. Then re-download the route and the session. Next make sure that both the session have all their asset's and that they are not open for edit. They will have a little icon with a hammer and wrench next to them if they are open open edit. If they are open commit them. Just click on them and press CTRL+M. After you have done that close out CMP and try joining the session.

That is what worked for me.

Mouse84
March 11th, 2012, 10:44 PM
The other option which I may consider is to release a specific multiplayer version of the route without the grass. I'll keep you all advised of the progress.

Great idea, get rid of the grass. Yards should not look like hay fields.

colourlight
March 12th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I don,t like repeating myself but i must agree 100% with Mouse. Are American railroads that neglected? There is so much grass in the sidings that it is difficult to distinguish the track to the point that it detracts from the enjoyment of the game. Mouse and I are not alone. Quite a few people have made adverse comments about the profusion of grass on the track. So I am requesting that neilsmith removes it in the next version.

Scottbe8
March 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I think we need to send robobert back to Trainz Kindergarten. For those of you who were on the session and TeamSpeak last night, you should already know that robobert derailed three consists due to overspeed. Luckily, the server crashed and kicked us all out of the session, so everything he derailed is back, and I think he was banned as well.

I'll try to get on later tonight to shunt one of the yards, but I'll be on TeamSpeak as listen-only. When I come on TeamSpeak, please have your chat window open to communicate with me at Palmer.

Mouse84
March 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Do we really need to go into this, in THIS forum?

neilsmith749
March 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Great idea, get rid of the grass. Yards should not look like hay fields.

Okay, to appease the Multiplayer crowd, I'll see what I can do about removing the grasses. Hopefully you'll see a new "Multiplayer version" of the route over the next week or so.

I would like to say that for my own purposes, I really do like the grass, and a great many local tracks in my area are indeed really overgrown. Keep in mind that this route was never intended for Multiplayer use, and while I'm glad it's being used for that, I do route building for my own enjoyment. I did a prototypical route once, and spend literally hundreds of hours on it, and still got people picking it apart. I have been working on this route for over 6 years to get it in its current state, and am very proud and satisfied with the results. For those who are dissatisfied with it, I invite you to begin building routes to satisfy your own needs. It is such a rewarding feeling to come up with a creation that suits your own needs, and hopefully others will appreciate your time and effort.

I'll let you know when I release the updated version.

Scottbe8
March 13th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Okay, to appease the Multiplayer crowd, I'll see what I can do about removing the grasses. Hopefully you'll see a new "Multiplayer version" of the route over the next week or so.

I would like to say that for my own purposes, I really do like the grass, and a great many local tracks in my area are indeed really overgrown. Keep in mind that this route was never intended for Multiplayer use, and while I'm glad it's being used for that, I do route building for my own enjoyment. I did a prototypical route once, and spend literally hundreds of hours on it, and still got people picking it apart. I have been working on this route for over 6 years to get it in its current state, and am very proud and satisfied with the results. For those who are dissatisfied with it, I invite you to begin building routes to satisfy your own needs. It is such a rewarding feeling to come up with a creation that suits your own needs, and hopefully others will appreciate your time and effort.

I'll let you know when I release the updated version.

Alternatively, you could release a new version of the WINTER route. That route is equally fun to play, especially since it gives us a slight change in scenery.

colourlight
March 13th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Thank you Neilsmith for your response and if theres no grass in the sidings in the next version, thank you, thank you, thank you. That is the only issue I have with what is, apart from the abundance of grass, an excellent route. I must say that in a couple of places on the route the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. How you managed to achieve it is beyond me. Even without the awesome scenery The route has several features that make it that bit special. The length of time it takes to travel from, say, Gunnison to Smithville somehow gives a sense of realism that is hard to put into words. Also the vast number of interactive industries gives the player a sense of purpose that just isn,t there in a lot of routes. As for people like me saying they don,t like this or that remember you can please some of the the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can,t please all of the people all of the time. Not even UMR TS12 SUMMER can do that!.

colourlight
March 13th, 2012, 02:56 AM
I feel that the remarks by Scottbe8 are inappropriate for this forum. OK, so Robobert derailed 3 consists, alledgedly due to overspeeding. Robobert is new to the session and it,s down to us to keep him on the straight and narrow as it were and give him guidance as to why he should do this and not do that. At the end of the day if a player behaves really iresponsibly and refuses to listen to us there is always the option of banning him or her.

neilsmith749
March 13th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I've sent a MP version of the route (along with the related base sessions) to the dls, with no grass splines, and I've deleted as many of the derails that I could remember installing.

Hopefully it'll be available over the next day or two.

trainfan2017
March 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I tried playing on the UMR last night on Multiplayer, everytime it loaded in and i went to go into a locomotive trainz crashed. Now this is a fresh install patched up to the latest version, no missing dependencies. Any ideas why ?

Cheers
David

colourlight
March 14th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I would like to know why as well. Could you post what you have done to fix it, if anything? The reason I ask is because several people have experienced this problem and we really need to find a fix for it. I think one thing we can do is ask people who have or had this problem to post what action they have taken and whether or not it worked. Could you try this to see if it fixes it and let me know. In Content Mananger do a search for UMR SUMMER. Filters are "location" and "local" Delete everything. Do an extended database repair. Then drag session only version 2.1 over to download "box" and "start". Then try it. Then report your findings.

colourlight
March 14th, 2012, 02:49 AM
As you just heard from Neilsmith, the latest route version will ba available shortly. I was talking to Mmonti yesterday and he was expecting to upload the latest session version 2.2 in the very near future. We have a race, lol. One word of caution. After the last two route versions there were problems getting the current session version to work with it for a period of time. So maybe it would be advisable to hold off downloading the new route for, say, 24 hours after it,s appearance on the DLS.

colourlight
March 14th, 2012, 02:34 PM
As you just heard from Neilsmith, the latest route version will ba available shortly. I was talking to Mmonti yesterday and he was expecting to upload the latest session version 2.2 in the very near future. We have a race, lol. One word of caution. After the last two route versions there were problems getting the current session version to work with it for a period of time. So maybe it would be advisable to hold off downloading the new route for, say, 24 hours after it,s appearance on the DLS. UPDATE. I can confirm that Mmonti,s present session version 2,1 will be tested for compatibilty with the new route version when it becomes available any time now. If you want to play Mmonti,s session do not download the new route version for the time being. This is because it takes the DLS a little while to upgrade a new route version to be compatilble with a session

trainfan2017
March 14th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Hi all,

I tested lastnight the multiplayer session and it appears to be a problem with the fun run one which always seems to be hosted. I created my own session and was able to assign a driver and look at the locomotives available. It shows that there is no problem with my computer or multiplayer.

colourlight
March 14th, 2012, 11:39 PM
as I said Anyone wanting to play Mmonti,s session should NOT download the new route version for the time being.

colourlight
March 15th, 2012, 02:01 AM
as I said Anyone wanting to play Mmonti,s session should NOT download the new route version for the time being. I can,t edit that post so I ,ll add here that the Kuid number for Neilsmith,s Route version in Mmonti's FUN RUN session ends in 9. I don,t know the Kuid number of the new version

Scottbe8
March 16th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Unknown Location: <kuid:394799:100066>

This is required for the 2.2 session. My advice: Do NOT download the 2.2 session. The Fun Run must continue from the 2.1 session

colourlight
March 16th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Confiming what Scottbell Posted. The latest information is that MMonti uploaded version 3.0 to the download station yesterday. However I have not been able to confim this. So under the circumstances anyone wanting to Play FUN RUN should not upgrade the route or session for the time being. Further infomation will be posted, probably later today.

Beattie
March 16th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Just advice for new players when there is a update relased on the download station you still need to wait 3 days after on the dls before it understands its there.

colourlight
March 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I now have a clear understanding of the Position regarding Neilsmiths Routes UMR TS12 SUMMER and UMR TS12 SUMMER MULTIPLAYER and also Mmonti,s session FUN RUN versions 2.1, 2.2 and 3.0. Mmonti is currently running Neilsmith,s route UMR TS12 SUMMER (version kuid ends in 9), session 2.1. Mmonti,s session version 2.2 has just appeared on the DLS and is intended to be played with UMR TS12 SUMMER route (version kuid ends in 09) for people who like the grass in the route. Mmonti,s FUN RUN version 3.0 should appear on the DLS in the next day or two (or three, lol) and is intended to be played on Neilsmiths Route UMR TS12 SUMMER MULTIPLAYER for people who don,t like the grass. which will also be the one Mmonti will be running in due course. I hope this makes things clear.

Scottbe8
March 16th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Confiming what Scottbell Posted.

That's Scottbe8 to you.

And version 2.2 of the session cannot be used for multiplayer because of the one asset that is neither built-in nor on the download station.

colourlight
March 16th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Reference to Scotbe8, s post. The asset is a HTML file which can be obtained by dragging the session to your download box and "starting" it. However like Scottbe8 said, because the HTML file is not actually on the DLS the multiplayer game will not start. The file has been sent to the DLS and should hopefully appear tonight or tomorrow.

colourlight
March 17th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Latest news is Version 3.0 is now on the "black pages". From launchpad click on website, select "download station". I have ran it and it appears to be working ok. At this time Mmonti is still running version 2.1. I think I found it by doing a search for" username" Mmonti. i am now running a test session. Please feel free to join me.

colourlight
March 17th, 2012, 07:34 AM
I have now closed my test session. Several people joined me and everything seems ok so far. Mmonti is now running session 3.0 You should now be able to find it in Content manager. dragging it to your download box will also drag the route. Any problems contact us via Teamspeak 3 at 66.45.231.18

Beattie
March 25th, 2012, 11:21 AM
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/3594/trainz2012032512132789.jpg

On the right I asking if we could add a siding as there is so much traffic there is not enough room. And on the left if we could get two more sidings and the arrow is for that track to be converted for like switchers to navigate around the yard.

I hope neil you could look at maybe expanding it.

Thank you in advance.

colourlight
March 25th, 2012, 05:18 PM
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/3594/trainz2012032512132789.jpg

On the right I asking if we could add a siding as there is so much traffic there is not enough room. And on the left if we could get two more sidings and the arrow is for that track to be converted for like switchers to navigate around the yard.

I hope neil you could look at maybe expanding it.

Thank you in advance. Poor old Neilsmith. he must be thinking we are never satisified:o We complain about the grass so he went to the trouble of changing it. We complained some more so he brought out a grass and a grassless version and now we have found something else to complain about. Neilsmith must be very tolerant to put up with us. The fact is UMR SUMMER was not intended to be a muti player route with the 15 players all logged on at the same time which we had earlier. In an ideal world Smithville, with it,s three yards, hump and large locomotive Depot would have been much more centrally placed and so there would be no need to expand Palmer. The traffic levels at Palmer have rapidly increased for a number of reasons. The popularity of the session with 10 or more people in the session at peak times, the central location of Palmer, a number of important commodities either produced or consumed at Palmer , A forestry to the east and a sawmill to the west, both of which are within a reasonable distance, a convenient location for players to leave their train when they want to take a break and so on. I think I can say with confidence that should Neilsmith agree to our request we will not bother him again (until the next time)

neilsmith749
March 25th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Hi folks.

I was wondering if anyone was around still, as I hadn't heard from anyone in a while!!:hehe: I've been spending a lot of time updating the route, and fixing some things that have always bugged me. I'm working from East to West, and am just a little bit East of Palmer right now. I'll definitely look updating Palmer, as that's one of the areas that I've never been overly happy with. I'm hearing you want more sidings or a bigger yard, which shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if there's any other requests. If they're feasible, I'll definitely look into them.

Some things I've done so far:
-Once again, I re-signalled the whole route, as I finally discovered that the signals could be configured to protect multiple turnouts. This allowed me to get rid of a lot of redundant and unnecessary signals.
-Significant upgrade to Gladston - straightened the approach from the south, got rid of the wye, made the yard bigger, and added a couple more industries.
-Upgraded Lang West - same industries, but more realistic trackwork.
-Removed the wye just south of Lang West.
-Changed the trackwork at the container/crude pier - added a backup track and changed the yard sidings so you can do switching without going onto the main line.
-and a bunch of miscellaneous repairs.

I'll see what else pops up as I move West.

I'm glad you're all enjoying it.

neil

Scottbe8
March 26th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Nice. I'd also like to see more multiple-track passenger stations and an area of high commuter density - maybe a separate commuter rail for those who like guiding scheduled passenger trains up and down a line. Of course, that will require some extensive additions to the route, so it's completely up to you.

Is it possible to have the Eso Flats Chrysler Unloading industries behave as a single industry, so that unloading is not so much of a pain?

neilsmith749
March 26th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Nice. I'd also like to see more multiple-track passenger stations and an area of high commuter density - maybe a separate commuter rail for those who like guiding scheduled passenger trains up and down a line. Of course, that will require some extensive additions to the route, so it's completely up to you.

Is it possible to have the Eso Flats Chrysler Unloading industries behave as a single industry, so that unloading is not so much of a pain?

I may be able to add some multiple track stations, but I'm not sure about adding entire new sections. That may be a little too much! lol
As far as the Chrysler unloading, the reason it was done like that was so a number of autoracks could be unloaded at once. I haven't really been able to come up with anything to make it simpler. If there was a really long multiple-industry-track, that may do the trick, but to my knowledge, I'm not sure that it exists. If you have any suggestions, I'll gladly listen.

neilsmith749
March 27th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Some of the updates I've been working on...

Palmer:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2404/neilsmith74920120327000.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2404/neilsmith74920120327000.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2404/neilsmith74920120327000.jpg
Added backup tracks at both ends so switching can be done without entering the main line.

Gladston:

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4020/neilsmith74920120327000j.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2404/neilsmith74920120327000.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2404/neilsmith74920120327000.jpg

Lang West:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2404/neilsmith74920120327000.jpg

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2404/neilsmith74920120327000.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2404/neilsmith74920120327000.jpg

To be continued...

Beattie
March 27th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Looking great Neil. Keep up the good work.

Mouse84
March 28th, 2012, 12:42 AM
You could shorten up the distances between points. It takes way too long to long to get from one point to another. This also causes the route to take way to long to load.

Scottbe8
March 28th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Alternatively, add intermediate points. It'd be more worth the wait if there's more to do once we're in.

Also, Palmer has become a major waypoint in the Multiplayer. Perhaps a loco maintenance facility would suit nicely there?

neilsmith749
March 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I've been talking to Carl Lewis about things, and he also mentioned that Palmer is a busy area now. I've added a small loco facility and a damaged car siding. Also, I've made the main yard bigger - it's now 5 long sidings. There is also a small 2-track local industry yard. I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out.

As far as distances between points, I'm assuming you're talking about the distances between industries and towns. If that is indeed what you're speaking of, that was completely intentional. I've done my best to make this a believable and realistic operating railroad. In the real world, railways are (mostly) for long distance movement of goods. If you had to pick up some commodity and deliver it to somewhere only a few miles away, then that would likely have been done by truck. I know it may be frustrating for the multiplayers, but this is something I'm not really willing to change. I hope you understand.

I've also retired the three AI trains that were running between the mines and powerstations. I know they didn't show up in MP, but in the base session, they were there. I've just gotten tired of them, and I believe they caused more problems than they were worth. Having said that, I'm also removing the Gladston, Caldwell and Barton powerstations, as I feel they look out of place, and I've never been happy with how they looked anyway. I checked with Carl, and he said that he thought most people weren't using them anyway, so hopefully they won't be missed.

Thanks for you understanding.

Scottbe8
March 28th, 2012, 11:50 AM
The coal consists do show up in MP, but with no drivers.

Madmacka
March 28th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Loving the new Palmer, as it is here where I spend most of my time..... Thanking you.

Tom

Mouse84
March 28th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I'm a railroader and I won't go into your route. This is supposed to be fun, but when it takes 15 minutes for the map to load and almost a hour to get between locations, it becomes more of a job than fun. You can switch out the yard and service industries all day long, but when no one wants to run the trains over the road, what good is it? You might not be hearing it, but a lot are saying the same thing. Kind of the way it was with the grass, no one spoke up until I did then they all did.

neilsmith749
March 28th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I'm a railroader and I won't go into your route. This is supposed to be fun, but when it takes 15 minutes for the map to load and almost a hour to get between locations, it becomes more of a job than fun. You can switch out the yard and service industries all day long, but when no one wants to run the trains over the road, what good is it? You might not be hearing it, but a lot are saying the same thing. Kind of the way it was with the grass, no one spoke up until I did then they all did.

Well, as I've said before, this was a route I created for myself. The fact that people wanted to use it for multiplayer is great, but that was not the reason for the route. If you don't want to use it, that's entirely your decision, and I respect your opinions. Have you tried creating a route yourself for multiplayer? That way you could get exactly what you want. I wish you all the best.

neil

William0d0
March 28th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I have a session I recently started putting together. With a 1.5 mile coal train, UMR is one of only a few routes really long trains seem to fit in with (in my opinion).

Passenger train sessions work very well on UMR also.

I believe I was the first person to suggest using this route for multiplayer, so the haters can gang up on me.:p

The Trainz engine itself obviously needs some work in order to make really large maps like UMR a more viable multiplayer route.

A stand alone server version that can run on a dedicated high speed server (and be remotely administered) would be the ticket. Car racing sims have been doing it for years. Because even with high speed cable internet, my upload speed is only a fraction of my download speed so it really limits the ability to use my home computer as any kind of server.

Scottbe8
March 28th, 2012, 10:11 PM
my upload speed is only a fraction of my download speed so it really limits the ability to use my home computer as any kind of server.

This is relevant to my situation when I visit my parents. We have AT&T uVerse Internet with an absolute maximum download speed of 6.0 Mb/s and an average upload speed of nearly 750 kb/s. Definitely too slow for seamless multiplayer (or even multiplayer with seams).

William0d0
March 28th, 2012, 11:44 PM
This is relevant to my situation when I visit my parents. We have AT&T uVerse Internet with an absolute maximum download speed of 6.0 Mb/s and an average upload speed of nearly 750 kb/s. Definitely too slow for seamless multiplayer (or even multiplayer with seams).

I just ran a test with speedtest.net. With 8 open tabs in google chrome (one of which is streaming audio via pandora.com) speedtest.net reported my speeds as 20.10 mps download and 0.98 mps upload. Road Runner is what I am using.

We both have great "client" speeds but terrible "server" potential.

With an upload speed of 750 kbs or .75 mbs you could probably act quite well as a server with a small route and a limited number of players (which is what I am working on developing).

colourlight
March 29th, 2012, 02:57 AM
I think Neilsmith shouldn,t take too much notice of people who complain that they don,t like this or that this should be changed in the route. The fact is UMR SUMMER, like Neil says, was never intended to be a multi- player route and it is very good of him to have done all the extra work that has been requested by Mike and Carl. What is true is that Mmonti,s session is proving itself to be a new concept in the story of Trainz, in that it is the first multi-player game to run 24 hours a day (as much as possible), 7 days a week with a number of players in the session at any one time due to it,s popularity. Because UMR SUMMER is a "ground breaking" session, it is a learning process which leads to changes being made, not just to the session but the route as well. In this regard Mike, Carl and Neil have done an excellent job but this is an ongoing process and you should not expect it to happen overnight. As it is, Neil is working on the latest route version as you know, which should be released shortly followed by Mmonti,s latest session version to reflect the changes in the route that they requested. THe biggest change in the session will be the re-location of locomotives and rolling stock to Palmer with it,s geatly expanded infrastructure. This is in response to changing traffic flows and an rapid increase in operations at Palmer. Suggestions as to future changes are, of course, welcome as it is important for the future of the session to consider new ideas, as they will result in the continued growth and popularity in UMR SUMMER. What I would say to Neil is, consider ideas for changing the route by all means but remember you can,t please eveybody.

colourlight
March 29th, 2012, 03:31 AM
I'm a railroader and I won't go into your route. This is supposed to be fun, but when it takes 15 minutes for the map to load and almost a hour to get between locations, it becomes more of a job than fun. You can switch out the yard and service industries all day long, but when no one wants to run the trains over the road, what good is it? You might not be hearing it, but a lot are saying the same thing. Kind of the way it was with the grass, no one spoke up until I did then they all did. In response to Mouse,s post I,m not technically minded so I can,t say with any degree of certainty why it takes 10-15 minutes on average to download whatever it is that needs downloading or whether it is possible to shorten the process. But what I will say is the reason it takes so long is becauuse UMR SUMMER is what it is, an extremely large route with a large number of locomotives and rolling stock and if you want to play it you,ll probably have to continue putting up with it. Otherwise find a smaller route to play. And I totally disagree with the comment that nobody wants to run trains over the road. The fact is I have prepared trains for dispatch at Smithfield which is about as far away as you can get from the rest of the route and people still drive them out quite happily without complaining "how far it is" to their destination. I can also name players that quite happily jump into a train at Gunnison and drive all the way to Smithfield, a journey which is likely to take 3 hours or more. That,s not for me but they seem to enjoy it or they wouldn,t keep on driving long distances. In my opinion it is the distances between towns and long journey times that gives UMR SUMMER it,s popularity as well as the large number of industries and yards and for people who prefer shunting and switching to driving long distances. UMR SUMMER provides something for everyone whatever your personal preferences in a social as well as an interactive environment. What i would say to Mouse and others who think in the same vein "Put up or shut up". Play another route or build your own. Suggestions and constructive criticism is one thing but whinging and complaining is something else. Mouse did make a good point with the grass, however. It was constructive criticism from a number of people that led firstly, to it being changed then removed entirely. THis should be welcomed but if you dislike UMR SUMMER that much stop whining and find another route to play.

Scottbe8
March 29th, 2012, 08:05 AM
With regard to moving rolling stock, I'm not sure if I mentioned the depressed-center flats on the track leading to Lakeridge Station, when they should be on the warehouse siding.

Mouse84
March 29th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Rolling stock is placed in sessions, not in routes.

Scottbe8
March 29th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Yes. I know. That comment was directed at mmonti.

neilsmith749
April 4th, 2012, 09:35 AM
These are some of the more significant upgrades done to the route so far:

-Upgraded signaling system to be more realistic

-have made the grass-splines a little less intrusive over many sidings and yards by lowering them into the ground. (I can remove them for a multiplayer version of the route)

-general texturing improvements

--------------------------------

-Gladston - expanded yard, two new industries (wheat and general goods), straightened approach south of town

-removed Gladston powerstation

-removed unnecessary curves on mainline south of Gladston Port

-made approach to Halden sub. from North a more gentle curve

-removed wye West of Lang W.

-Lang W - same industries, but moved them around and made the sidings a little more realistic - though they are no longer "drive-through" industries.

-Halden - minor cosmetic changes

-removed "roller coaster" hills on mainline south of Clarkseville

-Millhurst - slightly expanded yard, minor cosmetic changes

-Blainseville - re-worked and slightly expanded yard

-Flagston - removed wye

-expanded yard South of Flagston lumber

-Ogden - removed container pier loop track, removed factory

-smoothed out curves West of Ogden on mainline

-removed Caldwell powerstation and lumber yard

-Oakwood - expanded yard, removed tunnel

-removed tunnel south of GHOO jct.

-Wallace - replaced factory with another wheat facility

-Container/Crude pier - adjusted yard, and added backup track to allow switching without entering mainline

-Palmer - expanded main yard to 5 long tracks, added small 2-track local industry yard, added damaged car facility, added small loco facility with turntable, added backup tracks at either end to protect mainline

-removed Barton powerstation - added 2 storage tracks adjacent to mainline

-made curve at top of hill just east of Barton more gentle

-Lakeridge - slightly expanded yard

-made curves in mainline gentler East of Gilby

--------------------------------

Potential/possible upgrades:

-Updated roads and crossings, if I can find ones I like that will work like I want them to

-extension East from Gunnison to join up with Blainseville Jct(?)

Mouse84
April 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I just ran a test with speedtest.net. With 8 open tabs in google chrome (one of which is streaming audio via pandora.com) speedtest.net reported my speeds as 20.10 mps download and 0.98 mps upload. Road Runner is what I am using.

We both have great "client" speeds but terrible "server" potential.

With an upload speed of 750 kbs or .75 mbs you could probably act quite well as a server with a small route and a limited number of players (which is what I am working on developing).

It doesn't matter how big of a connection you have, you will always have latency issue with a route this size, due to the amount of data being transfered. This goes for the server side and the client side. I've sat on TS and listened to all the complaining about switches being locked by trains that aren't there and about switches that throw under trains. Then you have the complaints about people that derail, when in actuality it's probably not even their fault. It's all about the same issue, latency. Anyone who has run Trainz knows what kind of the resource hog it is, because of the data that it processes, run it over the internet and the problem multiples.