PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About Blue Comet Add-on

trainboy4449
December 18th, 2011, 09:46 PM
hello:wave:
i was wondering if it was worth the money to buy the Blue Comet add-on for TRS12.i've got a voucher so i'm wondering weather it's worth it,and also would like a few tips on installing:)

JCitron
December 18th, 2011, 10:05 PM
i was wondering if it was worth the money to buy the Blue Comet add-on for TRS12.i've got a voucher so i'm wondering weather it's worth it,and also would like a few tips on installing:)

If you like a well made locomotive and passenger cars, then you'll like the Comet. There is nothing else included - just two locomotives and the cars.

I use the set on my New England route as a tourist train. I mix in other passenger cars along with the Blue Comet ones, and this gives the consist the look of one of those railfan tour trains.

John

RRSignal
December 19th, 2011, 12:23 AM

I love it. I never regretted it for a minute and getting it on sale was a plus. Remember the 5 cars all have interiors too.

Think about it this way: Let's say the Blue Comet costs $20. What can you get for $20 these days? Two movie tickets? The movie will be over in an hour and a half, and you aren't getting any soda and popcorn for $20! You'll get more out of the Blue Comet, I assure you.

rweber95
December 19th, 2011, 01:30 AM
John,
When I bought mine I got 3 locos, a blue and a black G3 marked CNJ and a black unmarked P47.

Bob Weber

Enkidoh
December 19th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Yep, mine was the same. The pack has three locomotives, not two.

Although I'm not really into US prototype, and had never even heard of this train, let alone be familiar with it's prototype, I admit The Blue Comet really caught my eye. With one of Auran's voucher offers I got $5 off the price too, which was even better, which as I result I succumbed to the temptation and purchased it last week. :)

And, having bought the DLC, I must say I am very impressed - the locos are absolute beauties on the track, and the carriages are really well made too with their fully furnished interiors. Even the loco crew is animated!

Installation is pretty easy - the only minor hiccup I had is Auran's server takes time to process your purchase and as such will throw up an error if you try downloading it too soon after completing your purchase. Don't worry, it's normal - just wait about 15 minutes or so and then try the download link again (I waited half an hour just to be safe).

Also it should be obvious that Trainz will do a Quick Database Repair the next time you load Trainz after installing the DLC, but it shouldn't take too long to do. :)

normhart
December 19th, 2011, 02:51 AM
I bought it and I'm glad I did. It's a pretty set of engines and cars and I mostly use it for touring new routes I've downloaded so far. Whether I'll actually ever have a route where I need them is another question. I'd recommend considering the Trainz DLC - PRR T1 - A Fleet of Modernism instead, I've frequently wished I'd gone for that instead even without a discount.

steve123
December 19th, 2011, 04:40 AM
very nice steam engine, well worth the money
steve

trainboy4449
December 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM
three locos! well then its settled,i'm buying my first payware locos for christmas.:) To:Me:cool:
thank u everyone:wave:

trainzlova8989
December 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I think that you should see if there is any good freeware

Euphod
December 19th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I bought mine as a download from an EBay store, it's a great pack and wasn't expensive either!

JCitron
December 19th, 2011, 09:49 PM
John,
When I bought mine I got 3 locos, a blue and a black G3 marked CNJ and a black unmarked P47.

Bob Weber

Cool. I forgot about the black one, Bob! :D

I normally setup the green one with the railfan consist.

John