PDA

View Full Version : Narrow Gauge Drawings

Thule_P
December 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Hi

Does anyone here know where I can find the schematics of any and all 2ft gauge rolling stock? It can be anything from steam engines, diesel engines, coaches and goods wagons, and it has to be built in Britain.

Thanks!

ray_whiley
December 14th, 2011, 05:51 PM
There are books of drawings published by a British narrow gauge modelling society - I can't remember the name offhand but I have one of their publications and will try to find it.

Ray

Thule_P
December 15th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks, man, I owe you one.

ray_whiley
December 15th, 2011, 05:57 PM
@Thule-P

The book I have is 'Welsh Highland Railway Rolling Stock Drawings' (locos, wagons and passenger coaches) by Keith Millard and Peter Booth, published by the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association, one of their 'Narrow Lines Extras', in fact number five. I am not a member, but understand that 'Narrow Lines' is their regular newsletter for members, and that the extras are on general sale - I bought my copy of the above from Bob Pearman Books at a model railway exhibition some years ago, so have no idea either what others there are in the series or whether this or others are still in print. An online search for the Association would no doubt help.

My intention was to have a go at some models in 7mm scale using my usual materials - mainly card (very old-fashioned!) but I then moved on to Trainz and began a virtual model of the Kerr Stuart 6W Diesel. My then computer blew up (literally) and I never continued with it.

Glad to be of help.

Ray

I've just done a little research and it appears that the Association has published twelve booklets of drawings.

Thule_P
December 16th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Hey, thanks Ray, I'll have a look around and see what I can find.