PDA

View Full Version : Help please for a long standing supporter of Trainz

TractorBoy
December 10th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Hi,

I've been a supporter of Trainz since it's launch ten years ago and have purchased most versions of the game.

Two weeks ago I decided to buy it's latest and did so in order to download and play immediately and here I am still waiting to do so as I've failed to even download it.

I've registered my serial number but keep getting the same error and have since submitted a support ticket but heard nothing from Auran in the 6 days since I did.

Obviously this is frustrating. Has anyone else had difficulties like this? Can anyone help? Auran, are you listening? You've taken my money but not delivered the goods to a customer that has repeatedly supported you.

Thanks

NSWGR_46Class
December 10th, 2011, 07:34 PM
What is the error your getting
When are you getting this error

To help fix we need a lot more details

aardvark1
December 10th, 2011, 07:43 PM
N3V recommended using ... Free Download Manager

Here is the link and it works well.

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ron

TractorBoy
December 11th, 2011, 07:24 AM
What is the error your getting
When are you getting this error

To help fix we need a lot more details

An Error Occured:

1. You do not have access to download this file.

Help
If you have just registered your Planet Auran profile or registered a serial number please allow for 10 minutes for your FTP permissions to be updated.
Download Station: you need to have registered your Trainz https://www.auran.com/trainz/forum/images/trainz_serial.gif (https://www.auran.com/planetauran/download_asset.php?DownloadID=191644&LoginRevisit=1#) proir to being able to download from the Trainz Download Station.

If you require assistance, click here (http://www.auran.com/helpdesk) to contact our Helpdesk (http://www.auran.com/helpdesk).

shaneturner12
December 11th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Try again in a bit.

Sometimes, simply refreshing the page gets it to work. Remember, there is a mirror server available if needed which should be available on the same page.

Shane

Trainz001
December 11th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Hi TB...

Shane says wait for your dload to appear,no matter what you buy it takes time for the automated process to put everything in place,if you bought TS12 then use the dload manager as each of the files are about 1.46 GB,YOU!!!...get any more problems just post up and someone will try to help!!!

Derek;)

Euphod
December 11th, 2011, 09:56 AM
have since submitted a support ticket but heard nothing from Auran in the 6 days since I did.

Have you checked back on your ticket, or are you just waiting for an E Mail?

TractorBoy
December 12th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Have you checked back on your ticket, or are you just waiting for an E Mail?

I've checked yes many times and nothing. I'm pretty disgusted about this.

TractorBoy
December 12th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Try again in a bit.

Sometimes, simply refreshing the page gets it to work. Remember, there is a mirror server available if needed which should be available on the same page.

Shane

I've been trying for over two weeks. How long is a bit?

RRSignal
December 12th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I vaguely remember some people having browser-related problems. While it is strongly recommended you use the download manager Ron recommended, can you see what happens if you try to download from a different browser or different computer?

trainboy4449
December 12th, 2011, 09:37 PM
hello:wave:
i have the downloaded trs12 in free download manager with no probs.i highly suggest using FDM:D

TractorBoy
December 13th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Right. I've tried everything and nothing works and I still haven't received a response from Auran. Disgusted is an understatement. Come on Auran, you've had my money for nearly three weeks and failed to deliver the goods.

shaneturner12
December 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
There should be a mirror server link.

Failing that, try changing your password in your profile. (You can re-enter the same one)

Shane

aardvark1
December 13th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Right. I've tried everything and nothing works and I still haven't received a response from Auran. Disgusted is an understatement. Come on Auran, you've had my money for nearly three weeks and failed to deliver the goods.

Since thousands of other people have downloaded TS12 without issue, is it possible that the problem may be at your end?

Have you tried the....Free Download Helper?

I do not know what N3V can do to help you if the issue is at your end.

Is your ISP the problem?

Regards,
Ron

TractorBoy
February 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM
An update on this. Here we are two months later and I've still not heard a single word from Auran and I've tried everything that has been suggested and still no joy. I'm really disgusted by Auran's complete failure to even communicate with me about this. Shame on you I've supported this product from it's conception where it matters most. My wallet.

cascaderailroad
February 7th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Have you reset your Password (not changing it) (re-entering the same Password at Planet Auran) ?

Have you blanked out your Username & Password in the CM ... Saved as blanked out ... shut down Trainz ... restart Trainz and re-enter your same as original UN & PW in the CM ... as well as PW at Planet Auran ?

Also edit your profile (not changing it) and Saving it unedited ?

tomurban
February 7th, 2012, 08:14 PM
If you did a digital download purchase, you should have received an email with a link to the download. If it is an access problem, it is most likely at your end. Which Windows operating system are you using?

tomurban

WindWalkr
February 7th, 2012, 10:27 PM
An update on this. Here we are two months later and I've still not heard a single word from Auran and I've tried everything that has been suggested and still no joy. I'm really disgusted by Auran's complete failure to even communicate with me about this. Shame on you I've supported this product from it's conception where it matters most. My wallet.

Hi TractorBoy,

Firstly I'd like to apologise that it took our Helpdesk nearly two weeks to get back to you. That is definitely not ideal and we're constantly working to improve our helpdesk response times. I would however like to point out that our Helpdesk replied to you over a month ago, and note that you're still posting that you've ".. still not heard a single word from Auran" which is definitely not true.

If you'd like to follow the instructions that our Helpdesk provided, and let them know if that solved your problems, that would be great.

kind regards,

chris