PDA

View Full Version : Steam Engine Interior Change and enginesound

GS4449
December 2nd, 2011, 10:11 PM
I need help. I changed the interior and enginesound on mrtrains' GS-4s and the enginesounds wont work. any help with this??

505657j
December 2nd, 2011, 10:23 PM
You just need to change it to something that does work, that worked for me, because some enginesounds that I have tried to use do not work

GS4449
December 2nd, 2011, 10:39 PM
You just need to change it to something that does work, that worked for me, because some enginesounds that I have tried to use do not work

Tried that and it still didnt work

captainkman
December 2nd, 2011, 10:41 PM
Tried that and it still didnt work
In the main bogey, set direct-drive to 1, in invisible and other bogeys, set direct-drive to 0.

Also play around with a steam anginespec and enginesound.

GS4449
December 2nd, 2011, 10:49 PM
In the main bogey, set direct-drive to 1, in invisible and other bogeys, set direct-drive to 0.

Also play around with a steam anginespec and enginesound.

thanks so how do i do that??

captainkman
December 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
thanks so how do i do that??
Go to Content Manager. Find the train.

Right-click on it and select Show Dependencies. On the window that opens up, select "View in Main List".

Find the bogeys in the main Content Manager window. Right-click on one and go to Edit, then select Open In Explorer. This will bring up the asset in an explorer window.

Go to the "config.txt" file. Find the direct-drive tag and set it. If it isn't there, then add it in the first block of text.

Save the .txt file exactly where you found it, and under the same name, overwriting at the prompt.

Go to Content Manager and go Edit > Commit.

That's it.

GS4449
December 2nd, 2011, 10:56 PM
Go to Content Manager. Find the train.

Right-click on it and select Show Dependencies. On the window that opens up, select "View in Main List".

Find the bogeys in the main Content Manager window. Right-click on one and go to Edit, then select Open In Explorer. This will bring up the asset in an explorer window.

Go to the "config.txt" file. Find the direct-drive tag and set it. If it isn't there, then add it in the first block of text.

Save the .txt file exactly where you found it, and under the same name, overwriting at the prompt.

Go to Content Manager and go Edit > Commit.

That's it.

got it thanks

nimec
December 3rd, 2011, 01:18 AM
Dont forget to ammend/update the kuid table at the bottom of the config file when you change the sound or enginespec kuids etc.
Cheers