PDA

View Full Version : N3V Games looking for paid staff

Petan
November 30th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Someone need a job on the QLD Gold Coast?? Saw this job add. Salary: $30,000 - $34,999

N3V Games is looking first and foremost for a full-time experienced Help Desk person to support their software products that many customers enjoy around the world.

http://www.seek.com.au/job/21210682?cid=jobmail

Euphod
November 30th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Oh no... they would have to pay far more than that to compensate for the constant slagging received around here!:hehe:

aardvark1
November 30th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Oh no... they would have to pay far more than that to compensate for the constant slagging received around here!:hehe:

But you do get to play PC games while at work.

Farming Simulator, Bus and Cable Car Simulator, UK Truck & German Truck Simulator, Trucks Trailers, Tanker Truck Simulator, Police Simulator, Digger Simulator, Driving Simulator, Garden Simulator, etc.

The value of that benefit is..... priceless.

BUT.... the ad says....

N3V is looking for a local Gold Coast applicant who can easily get to our offices located in Helensvale

That is the down side if you are directionally disadvantaged.

Have fun,

danny5
November 30th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Dang for that kind of money i'll take my cordboard box and move in next door.(oh a course my bottle of wine)

sniper297
November 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Hey, I'll move to Australia, it's almost summertime there now, so I could thaw out my frozen feetsicles. I'd make a great helpdesk guy, "Sorry, you're too stupid to play any kind of computer game, try Nintendo." Clear up the backlog in a couple of weeks. :cool:

overkill650
November 30th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I'd accept the job, though i'd have one hell of a commute! :hehe: :hehe:

And I'd be able to physically get angry with you guys. lol.

JCitron
November 30th, 2011, 11:34 PM
The salary isn't too bad for a person just out of school looking for a job in the support industry.

That works out to something like $16.34 to $16.77 AUD per hour, which is pretty close to US $ rate these days, and is on par with what's offered for help desk work.

Good luck to the person who takes the position. I wish them well in their new job. I wonder if Aron decided not to stay, or perhaps N3V is looking for a third person on the team.

John

captainkman
December 1st, 2011, 01:58 AM
Someone need a job on the QLD Gold Coast?? Saw this job add. Salary: $30,000 - $34,999

N3V Games is looking first and foremost for a full-time experienced Help Desk person to support their software products that many customers enjoy around the world.

http://www.seek.com.au/job/21210682?cid=jobmail
I'm on the North side of Brisbane. I was hoping to do something like this for Work Experience next year at N3V.

Exactly what John said about out-of-school, almost!

Sniper, you make me laugh!

mezzoprezzo
December 1st, 2011, 02:54 AM
When I was at work, pre retirement, the management were almost always looking for paid staff.

There were always those few who could never be found at their desks. We never found out where they were hiding though. Pub, betting shop who knows??

ChutePilot
December 1st, 2011, 09:11 AM
"Hello, this is Peggy..."

(taken from a TV commercial in the US - only those who are familiar with it will get the joke)

ct_krogen
December 1st, 2011, 03:17 PM
"Hello, this is Peggy..."

(taken from a TV commercial in the US - only those who are familiar with it will get the joke)

want to cash in my points

aardvark1
December 1st, 2011, 04:10 PM
want to cash in my points

No more points..... only coupons now.

Have fun,

Gandalf0444
December 1st, 2011, 04:38 PM
No more points..... only coupons now.

Have fun,
Sorry we have moved to tokens.:hehe::p

Mikej
December 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM
HUH?
What happened? :hehe:

ulmer94
December 1st, 2011, 05:11 PM
HUH?
What happened? :hehe:

Went off-topic in a hurry, seems to me...

jbanetman
December 2nd, 2011, 09:05 PM
I liked the "Peggy" ads. Discover Card had a good idea doing those. Pretty clever.

QR1408
December 3rd, 2011, 12:50 AM
Maybe whoever gets the job could be paid in FCT's and free Trainz copies?

steve123
December 3rd, 2011, 02:59 AM
$30,000.00 au dollars to cop the crap that i dish out, thats got to be worth at least $40,000.00 to $45,000.00
can they work from home,
job requirement is must own your own server or 2
only joking
really $30,000 isn't much undstandining that the average house payment at todays rates are about anywhere between $350 to $600 dollars a week.
so that means at $600.00 your out of pocket by $1,200.00 a year
steve

aardvark1
December 3rd, 2011, 11:38 AM
<snip>

really $30,000 isn't much undstandining that the average house payment at todays rates are about anywhere between $350 to $600 dollars a week.
so that means at $600.00 your out of pocket by $1,200.00 a year
steve

Steve123,

Sorry, but I do not understand your version of 'new math'.

Perhaps you could make this more understandable to me.

Thanks you,

RPearson
December 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Works even with the old math: 600x52-30000=1200.

Bob Pearson

aardvark1
December 3rd, 2011, 02:36 PM
Thank you Bob,

Was not really sure how to interpret the calculation.

Regards,

steve123
December 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
sorry aardvark1 i talk double dutch sometimes, as bob stated 52 x $600 = $31,200 it may cover house payments just but it will not cover food bill, electricity bills, water bills, land rate bills, insurance bills for car and house and content, as well as running costs rego petrol, health insurance and
of cause there are other costs as well not stated.
the average 3 bedroom house on the GoldCoast is $450,000 to $600,000
I really believe that the cost of living is way to high and needs to change
in order for the average joe to get ahead in life
steve

aardvark1
December 3rd, 2011, 04:29 PM
sorry aardvark1

~snip~

steve

Thank you Steve for the explanation. I was just not sure what you were explaining.

And yes, the cost of living is high everywhere.

Regards,
Ron

JCitron
December 3rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
sorry aardvark1 i talk double dutch sometimes, as bob stated 52 x $600 = $31,200 it may cover house payments just but it will not cover food bill, electricity bills, water bills, land rate bills, insurance bills for car and house and content, as well as running costs rego petrol, health insurance and
of cause there are other costs as well not stated.
the average 3 bedroom house on the GoldCoast is $450,000 to $600,000
I really believe that the cost of living is way to high and needs to change
in order for the average joe to get ahead in life
steve

It's about the same here up in the Northeast, USA. Houses in my area start at $450,000 today. This salary N3V is asking to pay maybe for an experienced help desk person for that company, but sadly this is usually the starting range today. With over 20 years doing this kind of stuff, I can now demand a salary of twice that and more, and get it. Yet in my case the position is then more managerial, and less hands on now, plus it also has a lot more special projects, which are fun to do, and this makes the job less stressful. Australian Dollars are nearly on par with the US Dollar today, so we're talking apples to apples, unlike when it's about Euros and Dollars, which are on two different scales.

For help desk type positions, you need excellent communication skills, patience, beyond patience you'd think you'd ever need, and a resiliency and stamina to deal with a lot of trash that gets thrown your way. Once you get through this you've made the grade, and you can then move up the ladder.

John

hedleigh
December 3rd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Better money than the dole though, by a long shot!

steve123
December 3rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
If i was running the show there would be no unemployment benifits but for those who have children and a house to pay off and that have held a job for 12 months before hand but then get paid benifts for 6 months after the job lose

I am yet to see someone born with a tag on there toe that states they have a free ride in life. don't start me
steve

steve123
December 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
I would like to be PM not work for N3V im not smart enough for N3V
steve

JackieG
December 3rd, 2011, 10:24 PM
"Hello yes i am haveing troble with the areotrain..." custmor "Not my problem.. so shut up! I am working on Harpers Ferry.":hehe:

JCitron
December 3rd, 2011, 10:38 PM
"Hello yes i am haveing troble with the areotrain..." custmor "Not my problem.. so shut up! I am working on Harpers Ferry.":hehe:

It gets better than that! :D

Customer sends in a ticket with: "Help, my Trainz won't start"
Helpdesk: "Have you tried...______________" (fill in the blank)
Customer: "My Trainz won't start", (completely ignores helpdesk offer for help).

The customer then ignores the answers and the emails back and forth from the helpdesk. After a couple of weeks, the ticket is closed.

Customer then complains in the forum that no one on the helpdesk will do anything, won't respond to tickets, etc.

John

aardvark1
December 3rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
It gets better than that! :D

Customer sends in a ticket with: "Help, my Trainz won't start"
Helpdesk: "Have you tried...______________" (fill in the blank)
Customer: "My Trainz won't start", (completely ignores helpdesk offer for help).

The customer then ignores the answers and the emails back and forth from the helpdesk. After a couple of weeks, the ticket is closed.

Customer then complains in the forum that no one on the helpdesk will do anything, won't respond to tickets, etc.

John

Or, customer never looked in his junk email file, then complains.-:o

Have fun,