PDA

View Full Version : tutorial ?

bartelucci
November 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM
can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to load and how to add loads to railcars? thanks..

overkill650
November 27th, 2011, 10:32 PM
as in when driving in the game? or as in changing the .cfg files?

bartelucci
November 27th, 2011, 11:22 PM
when building a consist? or placing cars in a yard? thanks for the reply..

rweber95
November 28th, 2011, 12:30 AM
After placing rolling stock in Surveyor you can load the car in one of these ways:
1. Press the P key or click the ? then click on a traincar, click on the product icon to select it then click on the 0 by units and enter a value. You have to repeat this for each car you want to load.
2. Select Edit Session Rules icon upper left corner, click Driver Command, Click Edit and scroll down to Instant Load. Check the box to enable it. When you go to Driver click the green arrow to get the command list and select Instant Load.
3. Drive your loco to the appropriate industries and load the cars.

Bob Weber

Ghost42
November 28th, 2011, 05:15 AM
After placing rolling stock in Surveyor you can load the car in one of these ways:
1. Press the P key or click the ? then click on a traincar, click on the product icon to select it then click on the 0 by units and enter a value. You have to repeat this for each car you want to load.
2. Select Edit Session Rules icon upper left corner, click Driver Command, Click Edit and scroll down to Instant Load. Check the box to enable it. When you go to Driver click the green arrow to get the command list and select Instant Load.
3. Drive your loco to the appropriate industries and load the cars.

Bob Weber

Bookmarked - another 'never knew how' ;)
Rog

bartelucci
November 28th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Thank You.

rweber95
November 28th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Here is some supplemental info to my previous post.

The instant load option will load all cars with the first product listed in its queues container. For example, the config.txt file for Flatcar 6 Axle Depressed Center Empty,<kuid2:86105:15120:2> has a queues container that lists load 0 is 20ft containers and load 1 is 40ft containers. Instant load will fill all of the cars with 20ft containers.
If the desired load for a car is not one of the displayed icons, click the + sign to bring up the products list. Then select one of those that is suitable for the type of car, i.e. don't select a liquid load for a box car. The product list will take a little time to appear since it has to go thru all of the kuids that you have installed to build the product list. If the product list comes up blank, then you have a faulty product kuid that you will have to resolve. Some methods for doing this are in this thread http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=78582.

Finding what traincars and industries that can handle specific products can be done using Content Manager (CM) as follows. Set the CM Search Panel to Category - Commodity plus Location - Local. Find your product in the main list, right click it and select View Dependencies to get its category (Bulk Load, Container, Liquid or Passenger). Then select View Dependent Assets to get a list of all cars and industries that are set up to handle that product. When you place one of the identified cars in Surveyor and use the ? to load the car, the product will be one of the icons in the list.
If you can't find a car or industry that handles your desired product, use the category information you got from View Dependencies. When you place one of these cars in Surveyor, the product will not show as an icon in the list but can be selected by clicking on the + and picking the desired product and then the editing the units value.
As an example, I place a consists of Flatcar 6 Axle Depressed Center Empty,<kuid2:86105:15120:2>. Using the ? for the product lists only shows containers and I want to load them with trailers. After clicking the + sign to get the product list I select 28ft trailers and set the units to 1 and click the check mark. The flatcar loads 1 trailer. I have to repeat this for each car in the consist.
If you can't find an industry that provides the capability to load the product that you want, you can use the BI (basic industry), PL (protolars) or MIN (multiple industry new) track sections. More info on BI and PL can be found in this link http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=81023. Philskenes LARS and MIN tutorial can be downloaded from http://rapidshare.com/files/26717775...ation.zip.html

Bob Weber

bartelucci
November 28th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I can"t thank you enough!!! this should be a sticky

terry_wagstaff
December 17th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Bob

I have read your informative earlier responses, but, I am still having problems.

While editing a session in surveyor I can load all the hoppers. Then save the session. Run in driver and the hoppers are empty.

Is there a session rule (rather than a driver command as the consist does not have a loco) to load the hoppers?

Your link to the tutorial by Philskenes seems to be broken, had hoped I might find the answer there

Terry

Ghost42
December 17th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Bob

I have read your informative earlier responses, but, I am still having problems.

While editing a session in surveyor I can load all the hoppers. Then save the session. Run in driver and the hoppers are empty.

Is there a session rule (rather than a driver command as the consist does not have a loco) to load the hoppers?

Your link to the tutorial by Philskenes seems to be broken, had hoped I might find the answer there

Terry

When you select your cargo there is a check '1' or '0' which will start the wagon loaded or unloaded.
Rog

terry_wagstaff
December 17th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Rog

Thanks for the information

I am using "Coal 2 Bay Hopper Clinchfield #MFX 4" consist. It seems to have Load 0, load 1 and load2.

I now appreciate that load 0 means start empty, but is there a difference between 1 and 2?

Terry

pware
December 17th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Deleted as answer was already covered.

Peter Ware

rweber95
December 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Bob

Terry
Try this link https://rapidshare.com/#!download|533l36|438627468|LARS_ProtoLARS_MIN_Tut orial.pdf|7667|R~86F54AB233106E79E4FE50E68EA5ABCA| 0|0

Bob Weber

Ghost42
December 17th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Rog

Thanks for the information

I am using "Coal 2 Bay Hopper Clinchfield #MFX 4" consist. It seems to have Load 0, load 1 and load2.

I now appreciate that load 0 means start empty, but is there a difference between 1 and 2?

Terry

Hi again Tony, I take it by the description that it has two bays and the load can be varied.
It's a dark science setting up industries;)
Rog

philskene
December 17th, 2011, 07:31 PM
This should take you to my illustrated tutorial about configuring interactive freight cars and industries:

https://rapidshare.com/files/438627468/LARS_ProtoLARS_MIN_Tutorial.pdf

You might have to wait a few moments for a free download slot.

Could someone confirm this link works? Thanks.

Phil

AussieNightcrawler
December 17th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Link works Phil. :)

terry_wagstaff
December 18th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Right so load 1 and load 2 refers to the two hoppers.

The Rapidhare link takes me to a page headed

"Download: LARS_ProtoLARS_MIN_Tutorial.pdf (7.67 MB)

... copy directly into your account with RapidSave!"

It just sits there (10 minutes at the moment). No option to actually download. Obviously I am missing something

Terry

AussieNightcrawler
December 18th, 2011, 07:27 PM
My website has Tutorials on how to setup the M.I.N in 3 different ways:

http://members.westnet.com.au/nightcrawler/trainz/index.htm

Follow the links to Tutorials.

bartelucci
December 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM
thanks for the tutorial...:) :) :) :)

bodyfit
December 21st, 2011, 09:46 PM
This thread helps me a lot..