PDA

View Full Version : Error fixing check.

Ghost42
November 9th, 2011, 08:04 PM
When fixing errors or modifying in Content Manager do you have to reload Trainz each time?
I'm thinking of locos in particular, thought perhaps re-loading the session would be sufficient.
Would save a lot of time if that was the case.
Rog

JCitron
November 10th, 2011, 12:07 AM
When fixing errors or modifying in Content Manager do you have to reload Trainz each time?
I'm thinking of locos in particular, thought perhaps re-loading the session would be sufficient.
Would save a lot of time if that was the case.
Rog

Hi Rog,

You do need to reload Trainz, unfortunately. This is because Trainz needs to read the database file (Assets.tdx) in that Content Manager modified.

John

narrowgauge
November 10th, 2011, 12:49 AM
If you are building rolling stock, you can switch directly into Railyard for a visual check without starting Driver.

I normally don't close CM down when I start the main program, provided that you have committed your work it will load in Trainz.

Peter

Ghost42
November 10th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the replies.
Would be nice if when loading Trainz it would boot in the last session, I'm thinking FSX here.
Loaded up PEV's tools and trying to sort out errors etc, plus get a Black5,5MT to run in cab mode for the Jacobite.
Learning a lot and Google sure is your friend :)
Rog

Ghost42
November 10th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Success, a 5MT is now hauling 'The Jacobite', I can almost smell the kippers at Mallaig.
Rog