PDA

View Full Version : Content Errors In CMv2.0

Nerazzurri
November 9th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I've tried my first download of content (via CM) and the first thing I noticed was the the models not showing in the Rail Yard, despite the thumbnail and title being there. I downloaded using the Helper and it seemed to dl all the dependencies listed.

The model was decapods J94, Kuid2:130855:8:1, and it has a Faulty tag in CM. If I view the errors it displays these -

Error: The Tag ';cylinder' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.
Error: The Tag ';safety' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.
Error: The Tag ';standing' is not permitted within a container of type 'traincar'.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Regards, Gavin.

tomurban
November 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM
In CM, open the asset for edit in explorer. Open the config file with notepad and scroll down until you see the offending tags. Delete the ";" in front of the letters "c" and "s" and recommit. Unless other errors show up, you should be good to go.

tomurban

dnevans8
November 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
In CM right click on the faulty asset and chose edit in explorer.

Open the config.txt file in Notepad or a similar text editor (NB not Word) and find the line beginning with ;cylinder and delete the line.

Repeat for the lines containing ;safety aand ;standing.

Save the changes and exit notepad

Close the explorer panel.

Right click again on the asset and click on edit then commit.

The errors should have gone.

From memory the ; at the beginning of a line in older versions told Trainz to ignore the line but this is no longer used and the more stringent checking by newer versions throws up an error when it sees the ;.

Looks like tomurban pipped me at the post.

Nerazzurri
November 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM
In CM, open the asset for edit in explorer. Open the config file with notepad and scroll down until you see the offending tags. Delete the ";" in front of the letters "c" and "s" and recommit. Unless other errors show up, you should be good to go.

tomurban

OK mate, tried deleting the ; saving and recomitting, but it made no difference.

Open the config.txt file in Notepad or a similar text editor (NB not Word) and find the line beginning with ;cylinder and delete the line.

Repeat for the lines containing ;safety aand ;standing.

The full lines, including the words smoke valve and drains which follow in the same lines as ;cylinder ;safety and ;standing?

EDIT: deleted the full lines and it worked a treat. Thank you. How do you guys know this stuff?! LOL.

dnevans8
November 9th, 2011, 01:36 PM
From memory I would say yes because I think the ; at the start is used like REM in some other programs and means that what follows on the line is a description for what is in susequent lines.

To be safe right click on the asset then clone.

Then follow the instructions for the clone.

If it works and I think it should then do it on the asset and delete the clone.

Nerazzurri
November 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
You lost me at REM :confused:

But I followed your instructions and it worked. Thanks again.

leeferr
November 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM
You lost me at REM :confused:

But I followed your instructions and it worked. Thanks again.

Some older programming languages used the REM tag to let the program know that what followed on that line was a remark and was not compiled with the program. I used to use it as a way to remind myself of what the following routine was supposed to be doing when I went back and tried to debug the program. Some programs used the ; symbol or a //

The Trainz code doesn't like them and will give you an error although I wish there was a way to put remarks in the config.txt file. There may be, but I'm not aware of a way. If there's someone out there that could tell me how to include a remark or note to myself, it would be appreciated.

Mike

Nerazzurri
November 9th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I had a look for any sticky threads that might help troubleshoot these errors, but I don't see any. Does anyone know of other 'un-stickied' threads that would help me?

It does seem to be a common occurrence - I have other models with 'warnings', I just wanted to fix the one tagged 'faulty' first. It wouldn't be so much of a problem, for new people like myself anyway, if there was remedial information stickied somewhere. Maybe I've just missed it.

leeferr
November 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I had a look for any sticky threads that might help troubleshoot these errors, but I don't see any. Does anyone know of other 'un-stickied' threads that would help me?

It does seem to be a common occurrence - I have other models with 'warnings', I just wanted to fix the one tagged 'faulty' first. It wouldn't be so much of a problem, for new people like myself anyway, if there was remedial information stickied somewhere. Maybe I've just missed it.

Well, there's no 'one-stop' shopping for ways to correct errors although there are lots of threads on the forums to help in particular situations. One of the best places to start is with PEV's tools. You can download them here http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm

Mike

Nerazzurri
November 9th, 2011, 02:25 PM
OK, Mike, thanks. Btw, I like the last two entries of your signature LOL.

So basically it's a case of searching the forum for keywords and hoping you get lucky?

I thought I read somewhere the producers were trying to fix all the content on the DLS - I suppose with all the different builds, peoples systems, etc, it's just too much to get everything troublefree.

Ach well, just need to get searching and fixing.

leeferr
November 9th, 2011, 02:29 PM
The search tool on this forum isn't renowned for its efficiency, but I always try to start there. If that fails, then I have to resort to just scanning threads and posts or if all else fails, I ask.

In my opinion, there are no stupid questions. We all started somewhere and this program isn't necessarily intuitive. It's best to always search first though. You'll learn a lot just by going through the process and reading different posts.

Good luck

Mike

shaneturner12
November 9th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Some of the common errors in content can be found alongside their fixes at http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=56002.

Shane

Nerazzurri
November 9th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Cool. Thanks Shane.

Nerazzurri
November 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM
OK, I have an error causing a problem with a 4MT. I've read how to fix it but I'm not clear on one thing.

Problem -

Error: Texture 'class_4mt_tank_shadow/envmap1.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'BR Class 4MT 2_6_4T Early crest\class_4mt_tank_shadow\class_4mt_tank_shadow. im'.

I know I need to find a similar file and edit it, but I'm not sure where to place it.

In that contents file there is 'envmap1.texture' at '4MT tank body'. Do I simply copy and paste that to 'class_4mt_tank_shadow'?

shaneturner12
November 10th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Usually, most (non-built-in) assets have a .tga and a .texture.txt file for each texture used.

If it is complaining about one not being present in a particular folder, but there is one in one of the other folders in that asset, then yes, copying and pasting is a good idea.

If it's a built-in asset, you will need PEV's Images2TGA tool.

Shane

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 08:45 AM
OK Shane. It's not built-in. I tried the copy paste but it didn't work. In fact it threw up another error, so I reverted back to the older version LOL.

It's kuid2:193148:1329:1, a 4MT, and the exact text of the error is -

'Error: Texture 'class_4mt_tank_shadow/envmap1.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'hash-B8\content e511rgdd13\class_4mt_tank_shadow\class_4mt_tank_sh adow.im'.'

In the 4mt tank shadow folder there is a texture and tga file like you said there should be, and also an IM file titled 'class_4mt_tank_shadow.im' which is the one that can't be loaded accorded to the warning.

Hope that makes sense to you, or somebody else.

EDIT: I thought of sending the creator a PM but he's not been around for a couple of years.

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
After nosing around I read about the PM21M tool. If I ran the IM file on this could it maybe cure the problem?

privite
November 10th, 2011, 09:41 AM
OK Shane. It's not built-in. I tried the copy paste but it didn't work. In fact it threw up another error, so I reverted back to the older version LOL.

It's kuid2:193148:1329:1, a 4MT, and the exact text of the error is -

'Error: Texture 'class_4mt_tank_shadow/envmap1.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'hash-B8\content e511rgdd13\class_4mt_tank_shadow\class_4mt_tank_sh adow.im'.'

In the 4mt tank shadow folder there is a texture and tga file like you said there should be, and also an IM file titled 'class_4mt_tank_shadow.im' which is the one that can't be loaded accorded to the warning.

Hope that makes sense to you, or somebody else.

EDIT: I thought of sending the creator a PM but he's not been around for a couple of years.

Hi Nerazzurri,

you should copy and paste the envmap1.texture from another loco's files into that one, then commit the loco. its likely that it will have no affect though, so you need to install pevs PM2IM tool, select the .im file, click options and select "strip textures" and convert. As long as the .texture files in the folder, it should work.

Note: Make sure you deselect the strip textures after though, as it can mess up the textures of other locos if not used correctly.

hope this helps

dnevans8
November 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM
After nosing around I read about the PM21M tool. If I ran the IM file on this could it maybe cure the problem?

The simple answer is yes but make sure you have read the tutorials from his download page and:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=80620

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks boys. I'll get busy.

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 10:01 AM
you should copy and paste the envmap1.texture from another loco's files into that one, then commit the loco.

I copied one from a J39, but I couldn't paste it to the 4MT, or even to the desktop! I've copied one from another folder of the 4MT - will that be OK?

EDIT: you say strip the textures and convert - convert to a .tga?

dnevans8
November 10th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Almost any envmap1 will do as long as it looks right ingame.

Strip textures and convert are options in the menus of PM2IM.

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 10:27 AM
OK.

Stripped textures. When I try to convert it says 'Error: not a PM'. And there's no options to convert IM to PM either; only PM to IM, or new IM with same name.

Neither work.

dnevans8
November 10th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I believe you want the last option, new IM with same name.

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 10:47 AM
It doesn't matter which option I go for, it just returns that error message about not being a PM. Bloody hell LOL. I'm thinking coffee, calm down, try later :(

dnevans8
November 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Its been a while since I last used PM2IM and I do not think I have used the latest version for IM to IM.

What you need to do is open PM2IM, click on options and check strip textures, then in File Open select your IM file making sure file type at the bottom of the box is set to IM files (I am sure you are already doing this to get as far as you have). Select the im file and open it. The conversion will proceed automatically and you should get a message to say the conversion is complete.

privite
November 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM
It doesn't matter which option I go for, it just returns that error message about not being a PM. Bloody hell LOL. I'm thinking coffee, calm down, try later :(

when you go select the .im file, at the bottom of the newly opened page it will say Aurans PM mesh, change that to Aurans IM Mesh. select the im mesh and then do the rest

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8436/newoxl.jpg
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9149/newwindow.jpg

privite
November 10th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Can you post all the errors & warnings on here for us to look at, that may make it easyer:D

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Thank you for your help. And patience!

I was trying to fix that model although another was available, just so as I knew how to do it for future reference. I deleted it though, and downloaded a similar one - would you believe it has the same issue.

I made sure I followed the steps for stripping and converting properly, and it seemed to go OK. However, it's now returning this error -

Error: Unable to load source texture 'hash-FA/tempk5vpdgvv75/class_4mt_tank_shadow/envmap1.convert-tex' in subst 'local'

???

privite
November 10th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Well, looking at th error, it looks like you need to commit the loco. then check the errors and post them again (and hopefully they will be different). Dont expect it to fix, but the "Hash..." bit shouldn't be there:(

thanks

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Your posts 27 and 28 appeared after I typed my last post. I can confirm that's what I'm doing, although we have different versions of the application. A difference is in the drop-down - where your screenshot says 'auran jet' it just says progressive and the other one (integrated?) meshes when I actually do it.

privite
November 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I will download the new version of PMIM, would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of it too.

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 11:45 AM
It's definately comitted...honestly.

Here's the path and folder I copied the .txt file to. To me it just doesn't look right??

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/Nerazzurri07/Trainz/Capture.jpg

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM
OK, here's how it looks.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/Nerazzurri07/Trainz/Capture2.jpg

dnevans8
November 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM
After all the attempts to correct the asset it is possible that something has gone wrong somewhere.

I would suggest doing an edit then revert to original if that option is available or deleting the asset and redownloading it, so that you can start again.

If I have followed everything this will involve copying the envmap1.texture.txt AND envmap1.tga from the body directory to the shadow directory. Then opening PM2IM and under options chosing strip textures. Then open the class_4MT_tank_shadow.IM file that is in the shadow directory and when it has automatically converted go back to CM and commit the asset, hopefully this will clear the errors.

I think this was all the errors you were seeing for this asset.

privite
November 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Post deleted

privite
November 10th, 2011, 12:04 PM
It's definately comitted...honestly.

Here's the path and folder I copied the .txt file to. To me it just doesn't look right??

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/Nerazzurri07/Trainz/Capture.jpg

You need to copy a file called envmap1.texture and paste it in the folder above

privite
November 10th, 2011, 12:07 PM
You dont need to worry about the strip texture bit, as the file you need isn't in the folder. it will only work if the texture file is in the folder, but yours isn't.

dnevans8
November 10th, 2011, 12:09 PM
You need to copy a file called envmap1.texture and paste it in the folder above

I think Privite means the envmap1.tga file and you could try this before what I suggested.

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I would suggest doing an edit then revert to original if that option is available or deleting the asset and redownloading it, so that you can start again.

If I have followed everything this will involve copying the envmap1.texture.txt AND envmap1.tga from the body directory to the shadow directory.

SORTED! I have a 4MT now.

I had already deleted and downloaded to start again, in case the file/s had been messed up.

I hadn't copied the .tga to go along with the .txt! In the end PM2IM wasn't needed.

I shouldn't be allowed out on my own you know :confused:

Well, I won't forget how to fix that issue in a hurry. Thank you very much.

Nerazzurri
November 10th, 2011, 12:14 PM
You dont need to worry about the strip texture bit, as the file you need isn't in the folder. it will only work if the texture file is in the folder, but yours isn't.

I think Privite means the envmap1.tga file and you could try this before what I suggested.

Anywhere else I was reading too, was just mentioning copying the .txt. I thought it didn't look right somehow, but I had no idea why LOL.

dnevans8
November 10th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Glad we got there in the end.

Sometimes even when the files are present they are not picked up for some reason and that is why PM2IM has the strip textures option to correct the error under these cicumstances.

Nerazzurri
November 12th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Hi folks. Got another 'technical hitch'.

I downloaded Fort William to Mallaig by Nawlins. I had a few problems with assets but worked through them OK. Apart from this -

Error: Unable to load primary texture 'class37_blue_split_pr2004_body/trs37main2.tga' for texture file 'class37_blue_split_pr2004_body/trs37main2.texture.txt'.

The .tga isn't present in any folders, or in other Class 37 releases by the same author (pikkabird). I know you can create a .tga, but in similar ones (main.tga) it looks like model plans and not just a colour/texture.

What do I do with this one please?

By the way, it's kuid2:2512:2374:7

dnevans8
November 13th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I take it that this is a loco you downloaded and imported into TS2009 and that the body directory contains a mixture of .texture.txt and .tga files otherwise you might have some extra work to do to fix this one using PEV's texture2tga utility.

I have checked this Class 37 in TS2010 where it is a built in asset and the Body folder does not contain a trs37main2.texture file so I would guess that the file is not needed and can be deleted. Again as before it might be safest to clone the loco and first make the changes on the clone and if everything is OK then do it on the original, although I imagine you probably have a copy of the CDP that you could use as a replacement.

Nerazzurri
November 13th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I take it that this is a loco you downloaded and imported into TS2009 and that the body directory contains a mixture of .texture.txt and .tga files

Correct on all counts. It's in a session for the Fort William-Mallaig route.

I have checked this Class 37 in TS2010 where it is a built in asset and the Body folder does not contain a trs37main2.texture file so I would guess that the file is not needed and can be deleted. Again as before it might be safest to clone the loco and first make the changes on the clone and if everything is OK then do it on the original, although I imagine you probably have a copy of the CDP that you could use as a replacement.

OK, I'll give that a go tomorrow, thank you. From reading around I'm starting to get the impression that's a good way of 'fixing' problems - clone>delete>see what happens.