PDA

View Full Version : dls speed

soggy
November 6th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Does anyone know how to increase the download speed in the the content manager?
Thanks,
Soggy.

H222
November 6th, 2011, 04:04 AM
First class ticket.Very good value at $20 AUS a year

Jamie

soggy
November 6th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Thanks for answering, but, is that the only way to make it go faster?

shaneturner12
November 6th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Yes. The free server(s) will only allow you to download at around 4KB/second.

To get faster speeds, you would have to buy a First Class Ticket. This enables use of the faster server(s).

Shane

EDIT: If the speed does not improve even after buying and activating a First Class Ticket (activation must be done manually):

1.Change your password in your profile (it can be the same, it just needs to be re-entered and saved)

2.If you are using Content Manager, clear the Download Helper list - this can be done by clicking Clear in the Download Helper panel.

If you are not sure how to activate a First Class Ticket, click Profile above followed by Download Tickets. Scroll down the page until you find your First Class Ticket, then click the Activate link next to it.

cascaderailroad
November 6th, 2011, 02:24 PM
You can hook up your PC to 440V AC ... and it will download real fast ... for @ 0.121 Giga Seconds.:hehe:

My PC is propane powered, and can run for 5 years on a 20Lb tank !

KenGreen
November 6th, 2011, 02:53 PM
That cracked me up, brilliant.

In fact i still can't stop laughing

Ken

stationmistress
November 6th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I had 15 Kb/s today without an FCT. The assets were downloading so fast, install was lagging.

gremlin1812
November 6th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I had 15 Kb/s today without an FCT. The assets were downloading so fast, install was lagging.
If you have a first class ticket you will get speeds from around 150Kb/s up to 300+Kb/s and there is a deal on first class tickets at the moment.
Barrie
From the land down under

colourlight
November 6th, 2011, 05:07 PM
My computer has a better power source then Electricity and prophane gas. I eat a lot of baked beans and the resulting gas powers the computer.

soggy
November 7th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Thankyou all for all your help.