PDA

View Full Version : Auran Track TS2009 Oak

srude
October 22nd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Greetings;

Is there a good source of information about this type of track?

At present, all I have is the config file as a guide to go by.

And, is there any way of opening the texture files in the Auran brand of assest files, which no paint program seems able to recognize.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

srude

masterowner
October 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
I don't understand, do you want to edit the track in some way? If so don't ask me and I believe there would be better places to put this thread.

rweber95
October 22nd, 2011, 07:49 PM
If you are referring to Oak Track,<kuid:67598:38002>, using CM to open it for Edit in Explorer shows the texture to be lightoadw-shadow.texture which is the compressed form used by Auran. PEV's Image2TGA tool can be used to expand this to 2 files, lightoadw-shadow.texture.txt which calls out how the texture is to be used and lightoadw-shadow.tga which is the actural graphic texture file in Targa format.
If you don't have PEV's tools you can download them from http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm.

Bob Weber

itareus
October 23rd, 2011, 07:22 AM
If you are looking to use the Auran track as a learning vehicle to make your own then I would suggest you don't bother ...

Instead look at UK Bullhead- Wooden 09,<kuid:79563:90009> by rumour3 and also at the range of track produced by Samplaire e.g. SAM Track CONCRETE new,<kuid:132952:100209> - this was one of Samplaire's first tracks and is a reskin of rumour3's but since then Samplaire has produced many new tracks - all on the DLS.

None of these use compressed .texture files, just plain old Tga's.