PDA

View Full Version : Good Chicago Style Signals

Jacobchgo19
October 11th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Does anyone know where you can find good chicago bridges etc,this really is kind of intresting but JR's signals (smart signals) are $%$# they are "faulty" for my game which is 06 , I have gotten the FX for them but does that fix them because i want really really good signals for my route

bendorsey
October 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I made 4 or 5 bridges that were on the Chicago Canal. Weather they are good or not is up to you, lol.

Ben

Retro00064
October 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know where you can find good chicago bridges etc,this really is kind of intresting but JR's signals (smart signals) are $%$# they are "faulty" for my game which is 06 , I have gotten the FX for them but does that fix them because i want really really good signals for my route

The Smart Signals are only for TS2009 and up, I believe. You need the old versions of those signals that work as far back as TRS2004, but they appear to have been replaced by the Smart Signals. Old versions of the GRS searchlights and SOU-style Safetran colorlights should be on the DLS.

Regards,

Retro.

Jacobchgo19
October 11th, 2011, 12:32 PM
THX, but by Friday i should have my FCT which comes out of my dads paycheck

sniper297
October 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM
"Chicago style signals"? :hehe: Chicago is the railroad hub of the universe, every major railroad in America had a terminal there, so signals range from searchlights to 3 color light to Pennsy style to the oddballs the CTA has used over the years with everything in between. I would suggest actually going to Chicago (Western Springs is a suburb, ain't even in Cook County) and looking around. Take the Metra downtown, ride other Metra lines and the L and subway lines, bring a camera. I don't live in Chicago anymore but if you think you'll need a bodyguard I can hook you up with a friend for $200 per day.

Jacobchgo19
October 11th, 2011, 01:18 PM
"Chicago style signals"? (Western Springs is a suburb, ain't even in Cook County)
Actualy im on the racetrack line IN COOK btw

JohnnyC1
October 11th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Go to:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=73132&highlight=scripted+signals
If they are not there they ain't made.

John

Retro00064
October 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
"Chicago-style" signals, huh? Pehaps a photo of one or tell us what railway(s) they appear on would help.

Regards,

Retro.

Jacobchgo19
October 11th, 2011, 01:52 PM
OK, ive got that covered but is there a way i can get those 09 signals to 06 ?
Thx

Deano5
October 11th, 2011, 02:46 PM
intresting but JR's signals (smart signals) are $%$# they are "faulty"
Oh really, they are S"1T are they, why don't you try and make your own that suit you then. The one's I have are not faulty and are definitely not S"it as you so readily pronounce on a public forum. The one's I have are perfect in every way and very much appreciated for all the hard work that went into making them in the first place.
:eek:

Jacobchgo19
October 11th, 2011, 04:45 PM
DELETE post plz

Jacobchgo19
October 11th, 2011, 04:47 PM
i have made my choice of PRR signals or NS.. So here's a pic and back off dude.. also a little treat THEY WERE SHOT IN CHICAGO!! http://www.railroadsignals.us/signals/pl/PLchicago1.jpg

Jacobchgo19
October 11th, 2011, 06:25 PM
ive gotta set of PRR signals that i like :D !! :D :D :D :D
So any more ideas can be inputed because i am still looking for modern sigs for the BNSF,NS,UP,IHB part

Steveo241
October 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
i have made my choice of PRR signals or NS.. So here's a pic and back off dude.. also a little treat THEY WERE SHOT IN CHICAGO!!

Yeah.. those are the ones at Racine if I'm not mistaken. Shooting the Pennsy E8s beneath those would've been nice when they were in town for NTD. Not really many of those left unless you're over on the NS Chicago Line which is primarily on the southeast side of town, which isn't really the best parts of Chicago anyway.

Steve

dh2k3
October 11th, 2011, 09:21 PM
don't forget IRM has a lot of rr signals in use as well ;)