PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

mjrhealth
October 5th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Well not quiet, just took a 3months subscription, udating ts12. Much better as far as visuals go, but still have stutters on my machine. Seems it now uses multi cores although core 5 seems to do most of the work, occasionaly it freezes, when going to external view, learnt to leave it, it seems to come good after a short time. And yes all up to date as far as drivers DX9c etc. Fly FSX taught me lots about PCS, Running AMD Phenom X6 1090T at 4.1 Gig, 8 gig 1600 MHz ram, win 764 Bit, Nvidia GTX560ti 1Gig video. TS12 on seperate drive, defragged. Well see what content update does. Any quick ideas on backing up contenet incase of a future reinstall.

I apologise if posted in wrong forum. Just bin looking around

baz66
October 5th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Welcome mate. You just lost all your spare time points. Glad to see you with 2012. It's the best. You'll learn how to fix content tho. Get pev's asset X.
baz

clam1952
October 5th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Well not quiet, just took a 3months subscription, udating ts12. Much better as far as visuals go, but still have stutters on my machine. Seems it now uses multi cores although core 5 seems to do most of the work, occasionaly it freezes, when going to external view, learnt to leave it, it seems to come good after a short time. And yes all up to date as far as drivers DX9c etc. Fly FSX taught me lots about PCS, Running AMD Phenom X6 1090T at 4.1 Gig, 8 gig 1600 MHz ram, win 764 Bit, Nvidia GTX560ti 1Gig video. TS12 on seperate drive, defragged. Well see what content update does. Any quick ideas on backing up contenet incase of a future reinstall.

I apologise if posted in wrong forum. Just bin looking around

Shouldn't be much if any stuttering, similar setup here except my 1090T isn't overclocked it's running at 3.2Ghz and I have a GTX460, the latest Nvidia beta drivers seem to have given things a slight performance increase as well. Yes there is a slight delay on changing to external view, only in some place on a route though, seems to be worse where there are a lot of trees. Hopefully that will get fixed with a patch.
Use the Trainz2004 settings in the Nvidia control panel, which affect all versions of Trainz 2004 upwards and make sure everything is set for application controlled, performance and single monitor, that may get rid of the stutter.

Backup involves copying the local and now also the original folders, or what I do is save anything important to cdp's.

Glad someone else has noticed it uses more than two cores now as well!

ct_krogen
October 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
what screen resolution are yu useing