PDA

View Full Version : the DSL

stockline
September 22nd, 2011, 06:54 AM
I cant understand why when I use the `Download Helper` to download an item it just buzzes and deletes the item as thou i already have the item when i know i haven`t , i am forced to use FTP , I have a FCT and all my settings and passwords are correct, Is it me or the DSL , it has been like that for months
Regards

Stockline

clam1952
September 22nd, 2011, 07:03 AM
Try posting or reading in the DLS FCT forum, all questions and problems have been answered or solved a few hundred times. Note it's DLS not DSL.

Deano5
September 22nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
I'm not 100% sure what you mean but, if you put a loco into the DLH it will search and add all its dependencies automatically, if you add any of those dependencies to the download list they will just be deleted as they are already in the sub list of things to download. Same goes for whatever the asset may be, or a route and session, their sub list would be very long so you could not add anything already in those lists.
Another reason may be that you are trying to download an asset for a version of Trainz you don't have. Have you added the latest updates to your version? :wave:

itareus
September 22nd, 2011, 03:02 PM
Stockline,

Are you using Content Manager or the web site DLS? Using Content Manager is much easier once you get the hang of it, (although it can be a day or two behind with updates compared with the web site).

Cheers

stockline
September 22nd, 2011, 03:02 PM
I'm not 100% sure what you mean but, if you put a loco into the DLH it will search and add all its dependencies automatically, if you add any of those dependencies to the download list they will just be deleted as they are already in the sub list of things to download. Same goes for whatever the asset may be, or a route and session, their sub list would be very long so you could not add anything already in those lists.
Another reason may be that you are trying to download an asset for a version of Trainz you don't have. Have you added the latest updates to your version? :wave:
----------------------------------------------------------------
thanks for your reply, I'm using Tranz 2011EE edition, I've just checked back and discovered that the item I was trying to download (
UK Roadsign - Regulatory - No Left Turn Type: Terrain Features Downloaded: 13 File Size: 48.89 Version: Trainz Classics 3)

It Happens to be for use in "Tranz Classic 3", maybe that's why it just deletes them from the DLS , the ODD thing is that I un- ticked everything but 2009/ 2010 SP4 , I would have expected that the list of items/ kuids that came up would exclude everything that is not compatible with my version of Tranz and that's why I didn't initially check and assumed I could download it, could that be the answer ?

stockline
September 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
Stockline,

Are you using Content Manager or the web site DLS? Using Content Manager is much easier once you get the hang of it, (although it can be a day or two behind with updates compared with the web site).

Cheers
---------------------------------
am going to ( http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php ) then slecting a kuid from the eg `scenery` , then adding it to the `Download Helper` , after that i jus buzzes and deletes the items, I`m using Tranz 2010 EE and de-selecting all kuids but 2009/2010 , what i have just noticed is even thou i only select items/kuids for my version of tranz it still brings up everthing , the last item i tried to download happend to be for tranz classic 3 so maybe thats the reason why it deletes it ,the strange thing is that i can download it using FTP then import it and it does load and work in tranz 2010 EE ?

stockline
September 22nd, 2011, 03:29 PM
further note just tried this ---------------------
Modern Prefab Warehouse Small Size Double Width Blue Type: Buildings / Structures Downloaded: 22 File Size: 206.8 kb File Type: .cdp Created by: MSGSapper (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/l) Date: 22nd September 2011 Version: TS2009 SP4/TS2010 KUID: 439337:100634

and i know i haven`t got it but still when i add it to the download helper it buzzes and delets it as though i have it already , wonder if its because im running tranz from my `D` drive insted of `c`?

itareus
September 22nd, 2011, 04:25 PM
Stockline,

I would strongly suggest that you use Content Manager rather than the web site DLS (although it can be a day or two behind with updates compared with the web site). Once you get used to CM you will find it a much better way of downloading and generally managing content than the web site.

You can find a useful tutorial for CM here http://www.trainzclassics.co.uk/ under "Guides" > "CMP User Guide". (Edit: it was written for TS2006 but is still mostly valid for TS2010)

Try downloading troublesome items via CM and see what you get, post back if you still don't have any luck.

(I doubt that having Trainz loaded on your D drive has anything to do with the problem - but stranger things have happened)!

Regards

Chris

stockline
September 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
I would strongly suggest that you use Content Manager rather than the web site DLS (although it can be a day or two behind with updates compared with the web site). Once you get used to CM you will find it a much better way of downloading and generally managing content than the web site.

----------------------------------------
Hi Itareus and thanks again for your reply, here is what I am doing
1- going to the DLS (http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php )
2- un-selecting ( un -ticking ) all the other versions except for the one I have installed ( Tranz2010 EE )
3- I then click on for example the scenery to see if there is anything new that I haven't downloaded before.
it then appears and I choose Download ( Helper ) which then brings up (Content Manager v3.3 ) , but the minute I press start it just buzzes and disappears as though I already have the Kuid on my hard drive, the example I have just quoted is
HP-Gras21 version TS2009 KUID2: 68787: 21631:13 ( that by the way was uploaded on 14 September 2011 )
I know sure that I haven't downloaded that before and it should work on my version of trainz.
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot could you give me a step-by-step list of how to go about downloading items from the DLS, maybe I'm using the wrong URL , In any case looks like i`m doing something wrong
regards stockline ( a 65 year old numskull theses days .)

shaneturner12
September 23rd, 2011, 07:30 AM
I can confirm that asset cannot be downloaded using Content Manager, as it does not appear in the listings.

You should contact Helpdesk with the names and KUIDs of the items you are having trouble downloading using Content Manager.

Shane

EDIT: As dnevans has said, Content Manager will not find assets that are uploaded today.

dnevans8
September 23rd, 2011, 07:42 AM
I have just checked HP-gras1 on the DLS and it says it was uploaded today (23rd Sep). Here is a download link:

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=206824

Since it was made available today there will probably be a delay before it appears in CM.

Use the Download (FTP) option and save the cdp to your computer then import it into CM. You could also try this option for the other assets you are having trouble with.

itareus
September 23rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
.....could you give me a step-by-step list of how to go about downloading items from the DLS.....

I hardly ever use the web site (black pages) DLS.

What I do is launch Trainz and from the first (Launch) menu screen select "Content" - this opens CM.
In CM select the tab headed "Download Station".
Click on the column header labelled "installation time" twice - this will sort the list by the date and time of installation.
Find the items that you want and drag /drop them into the "Download Helper" panel on the top left of window (or right click them and select "download" from the context menu which will appear).You can refine what appear in the list by using the "Search" panel facilities.

For more info about using CM go to http://www.trainzclassics.co.uk/ under "Guides" > "CMP User Guide".

For first time use you may need to set some things up in CM.

Incidentally I found an odd thing with the asset "UK Roadsign - Regulatory - No Left Turn". If you search in CM using the basic search textbox you will get "There are no items to display" but if you search by clicking the + sign select "Name" and then enter the same search text the asset will appear.