PDA

View Full Version : TRAINZ CLASSICS CONCEPT

martinvk
March 20th, 2007, 07:01 PM
For a lack of a better place, I'll put this here. Mods, feel free to move it to another forum.
=========================
TRAINZ NEWS - March 18th, 2007
TRAINZ CLASSICS CONCEPT

Since part one was mostly a mutual admiration club meeting, I can't wait for part two to read more about Trainz Classics itself, and what it will mean for the Trainz community.

"facelifted Surveyor module" hmmm, that sound interesting since I spend most of my Trainz time in there, when I'm not in GMax that is. Any hints as to what to expect?

amigacooke
March 21st, 2007, 09:21 AM
As far as the content of Trainz Classic goes, I am not interested in it. The reason I might buy TC is if there are developments to the Trainz engine.

jivebunny
March 21st, 2007, 09:51 AM
I think a lot of people hold the same opinion (I certainly do) hence the reason nobody's talking about it like they did about RSP. If I want payware I'll buy what I need, I won't buy it in bulk to then only use a couple of items. I've never bought a payware route and I can't imagine that many people have, if I want a route badly enough I have Surveyor at my disposal. I realise the packages will include custom rolling stock and buildings etc, but what use are they if you want to upload a route to the DLS for everyone to use?

If Trainz Classics was ONE game with LOTS of updated features then it'd be a good idea, but payware bundles? Nah. Re-writing the JET engine would be a good start. And then maybe implementing working sound, like in MSTS (which came out loooong before 2006). Unfortunately going on past experience I'd be surprised if Auran even fixed the cursor bug.

JB

overmars
March 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM
cursor bug????

jivebunny
March 21st, 2007, 11:18 AM
Have you never noticed the cursor stays on the screen even when it's not in use? One of the basic irritations of TRS2006 (not sure if it was like that in '04)

JB

Harry_James_Potter
March 21st, 2007, 11:18 AM
what cursor bug?

amigacooke
March 21st, 2007, 11:41 AM
Have you never noticed the cursor stays on the screen even when it's not in use?

That means all my software is bugged.

Oh, except the DVD player.

Mind you, might not be a bad idea to have the option of a disappearing cursor, especially in driver.

Klinger
March 21st, 2007, 11:42 AM
yes but thankfully it dosent show up in screen shots and videos, if you have the right options checked

jivebunny
March 21st, 2007, 12:07 PM
That means all my software is bugged.

Oh, except the DVD player.

Mind you, might not be a bad idea to have the option of a disappearing cursor, especially in driver.

I'm talking about Trainz here, not PC applications in general. If TRS was a word processing application or a web browser then yes, having the cursor in the middle of the screen would be great... Unfortunately it's a simulator, and having to move the cursor to the edge of the screen after every action is what I would class as a bug.

The only games I can think of where the cursor doesn't disappear are games in which it is needed, such as certain strategy games and first-person shooters (in the form of a crosshair).

The whole user interface needs an overhaul anyway as it's low-resolution and cumbersome (especially the lists and text areas in surveyor) - which brings us nicely back on topic :)

JB

teddytoot
March 21st, 2007, 03:10 PM
I just pull my cursor down out of view. Won't yours do that?

Gangsta_Boi
March 21st, 2007, 03:31 PM
My questions about Classics are as follows :

1. Is it a brand new simulator or a little "bundle" of objects and a route ?
2. will it have an overhaul on the graphics ?
3. Will packs be country based I.E the Harlem line pack sold only in the USA ?

If there is a yes to Q3, to stop everyone moaning, just put the content on the DLS (not the route, just the content on the disk)

Thanks,

Gangsta_Boi

jivebunny
March 21st, 2007, 03:42 PM
John,

...having to move the cursor to the edge of the screen after every action is what I would class as a bug.

Gangsta_Boi,

1. RSP was going to be a new simulator. Classics is essentially an extension to TRS2006.
2. Nope, from what we've been told it will still use the JET engine, which seems to currently be stretched to the very max. If a new graphics and physics engine was created and was entirely backwards-compatible with TRS2006 assets then yes, I would buy it.
3. I'd be very surprised if you could only buy Harlem Line in the US etc... that would only mean Auran make less money from international sales.

JB

ejlynch
March 21st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Look ! my cursor bug has been fixed.

Though, I think the cursor is a very handy thing to have if you want to control the train with those little slidey things on the bottom right, Auran went to so much trouble to include in the sim.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/392/nocursermp7.th.jpg (http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nocursermp7.jpg)

Alan_Yeomans
March 21st, 2007, 06:53 PM
John,

1. RSP was going to be a new simulator. Classics is essentially an extension to TRS2006. Correct

2. Nope, from what we've been told it will still use the JET engine, which seems to currently be stretched to the very max. Whilst it is the same engine many of the exisitng assets are getting a good work over with the crew also busy making a lot of new custom content that looks really good, new cars with wheels etc.

3. I'd be very surprised if you could only buy Harlem Line in the US etc... that would only mean Auran make less money from international sales.
All editions will be sold world wide.

JB

Some of the new features look quite cool on TC.

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen289qt1.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6374/screen343in5.jpg

jjslll54
March 21st, 2007, 10:49 PM
Looks good to me. Easy to see.

Jack

Mxyzptlk22
March 22nd, 2007, 01:03 AM
I still have no idea what Trainz Classics is, but I keep seeing M7As so I'm psyched.

ckthomson
March 22nd, 2007, 01:34 AM
So far I've purchased TRS2004 (installed, but never used), TRS2006, and am actually quite happily awaiting the release of Trainz Classics. Even though the screenies that have been posted tell me less than nothing about the actual gameplay or interface/route editor GUI, It looks good so far.

I understand that some of you haven't gotten "what >you< wanted" from TRS2006, and that tends to happen a lot these days. Auran have something nice going here - a train simulator where content can be made available for free, unlike a certain MS product where, AFAIK, the only way to expand your setup is to purchase add-on packs.

Alan and crew - don't let people dumping on you put you off continuing to release new programs in the Trainz series. I got my copy of 2006 right before the forums came back online, so I don't know what kind of flak you've had to put up with, but it can't be much worse than some of the angry comments I've seen elsewhere (EA's forums spring to mind).

Cheers,
Craig.

amigacooke
March 22nd, 2007, 05:39 AM
I understand that some of you haven't gotten "what >you< wanted" from TRS2006, and that tends to happen a lot these days. Auran have something nice going here - a train simulator where content can be made available for free, unlike a certain MS product where, AFAIK, the only way to expand your setup is to purchase add-on packs. I don't know an awful lot about MSTS having moved on to Trainz a long time ago, but I do know that there are plenty of assets available for free as well.

Alan has posted these screenshots before. :)

Looking at the points/switches/turnouts there seem to be guard rails. Does this mean that the animated points feature of TRS06 has been fully implemented?

axe1970
March 22nd, 2007, 06:17 AM
Have you never noticed the cursor stays on the screen even when it's not in use? One of the basic irritations of TRS2006 (not sure if it was like that in '04)

JB

I don't think this is a bug. It has been a part of Trainz since the orginal version.

martinvk
March 22nd, 2007, 06:20 AM
[COLOR=darkred][I][B]Whilst it is the same engine many of the exisitng assets are getting a good work over with the crew also busy making a lot of new custom content that looks really good, new cars with wheels etc. .[...]
Better looking assets using the existing Jet engine. Hmmm, will we all get to know what needs to be done to achieve this? I'd like to make better looking assets too. :eek:

jivebunny
March 22nd, 2007, 06:38 AM
I don't think this is a bug. It has been a part of Trainz since the orginal version.

All versions of Windows have had security holes - it doesn't make them any less of a bug... Amigacooke we already have fully modelled animated points in 06, you're implying this is something new :confused:. As for the coloured-in user interface (which I hope will have changeable colours!), is that really being sold as a new feature? The only thing in those two screenshots that stands out to me as a new feature is the apparently smaller surveyor grid, will that allow for more accurate topology or is it just a new grid texture?

JB

ckthomson
March 22nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
Continuously upgrading "the same old game engine" is nothing new - I've done mods for all the 3D Grand Theft Auto games so far, and they've just been tweaking the same game engine for quite a while now. Heck, I've even used quite a few of the GTA3 editors for San Andreas with minimal errors, that's how little has changed in some of the code.

Some advice for the folks at Auran : Tighten up that particle engine! There's got to be a way to make it a bit more framerate friendly without sacrificing the quality of the smoke etc.

Heck, I'd have applied for a beta testing position, but I'm not into non-disclosure agreements, or writing essays explaining why I should be allowed to beta-test. I'll leave essays up to those who still believe that the computer is nothing more than a glorified typewriter.

And on that note, I'm off to see what kind of grade my Shays keep getting stuck on... after I pop in at the SMRR! forum to see if they've fixed that mess of a game yet... I'm out over $80cdn for two copies of that one, and the publishers can't even bother to set up a support forum (they used Hooked!'s forums).

Cheers,
Craig.

Smileyman
March 22nd, 2007, 11:31 AM
For anyone wanting to hide the mouse cursor when you're not using it, just download one of the many utilities out there that can do that for you.

The first one that springs to mind is CursorHider at http://www.softexe.com/cursorhider.html

It's shareware, and is a ridiculous price for what it does, but you can use it for free (don't know if it's time limited or not, as I rarely use it).
After a couple of seconds of inactivity the mouse cursor will disappear, and will reappear as soon as the mouse is moved.
Works fine with Trainz.

Still waiting to see any of the new features of Trainz Classics.
So far all I can see is a coat of paint.
Maybe we'll get more concrete information soon.

Smiley.

Moojgoo
March 22nd, 2007, 03:48 PM

As we've asked before, can you show us pictures of TC's Surveyor? Also, has Auran truely scrapped RSP?

jivebunny
March 22nd, 2007, 04:05 PM
As we've asked before, can you show us pictures of TC's Surveyor? Also, has Auran truely scrapped RSP?

RSP was scrapped months ago.

JB

narrowgauge
March 22nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
jivebunny

If you look at formation of the hills in the background you will see that the grid size is the same, so it is just a new texture. They should have used my Helper Mesh.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

amigacooke
March 22nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
All versions of Windows have had security holes - it doesn't make them any less of a bug... Amigacooke we already have fully modelled animated points in 06, you're implying this is something new :confused:.

I think you're confusing a bug with something that you just don't like. The reason the cursor doesn't disappear is because it's not supposed to.

My recollection is that the animated points in TRS 06 were flawed in some way. Didn't show in the mini-map or something like that. Always used Andi06's points myself. :)

davidt
March 22nd, 2007, 08:56 PM

The red filled background on the UI elements looks pretty poxy, in my arrogant opinion.

I don't think we'll ever get a new engine for TRS, so we'll ahve to make do with Jet. However, I desperately hope the entire UI gets a rework some time soon. Trying to use Surveyor in 1280x1024, with the tiny little sliders, or the 4 line message window in Driver, is sometimes an exercise in frustration.

martinvk
March 22nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Well it looks like the new colour scheme has gone over like a lead balloon. Wait a minute, perhaps it's only a visual reminder for the programmers to show what has been improved or what still needs to be worked on. Not having seen any videos or read any description of what was done, it's hard to know what the red means. :) But if it does turn out to only be a new paint job, it will go down as a big waste of time and resources that could have been used to make real improvements. :(

Alex23
March 23rd, 2007, 01:25 AM
Hi Guy's,

I have been following this thread since it began and the coments are all quite relevant.

But something I think should be kept in mind is that it is certainly a little early to be expecting more than the briefest of coments from Auran regarding what has been done to the programe.

Beta testers have only just been called for and that has just recently closed.

I doubt that any would have received the beta version yet.

So it would be natural for Auran to hold back on to much detail, except for the broadest of outlines.

Certainly correction of the problems that existed with the previous programe would certainly be a reasonable expectation.

Frankly I do like the new "Look" of the screen that Alan posted, it is much more pleasing to the eye. And lets face it, when competition comes on the scene, "Eye Candy" is very important.

I do look forward to Trainz Classics. The ability of the programe to be revised and improved with each subsequent release and at what has been said to be a "More moderate price" I think is very comendable.

I still think that the previous programe just had to much content and options all in one package and any wonder that it was unhappy.

Anyway we shall see.

Cheer's everyone and happy trainzing,

Alex:)

Tokkyu40
March 23rd, 2007, 05:51 AM
From what I've seen of the screenshots, I'm guessing that it's gone completely past the limits of my computer. I also agree on the red borders, but if you didn't use it for the portrait backgrounds it might be acceptable.
But that city in the background was incredible!

:cool: Claude

jivebunny
March 23rd, 2007, 06:59 AM
I think you're confusing a bug with something that you just don't like. The reason the cursor doesn't disappear is because it's not supposed to.

My recollection is that the animated points in TRS 06 were flawed in some way. Didn't show in the mini-map or something like that. Always used Andi06's points myself. :)

OK if it's not a bug then it's poor programming, I still can't think of any other simulators in which the cursor stays on-screen. As I said this is only one of the minor, but basic, irritations with TRS. With regards to the animated points, you're simply confirming what I said; we have them in '06. A bug-fix isn't a new feature.

Alex I realise TC is still in the early stages, but surely it would make sense fir Auran to wait until there's something to show. Instead they've posted a screenshot of a burgundy UI and said "look! cool new features!" expecting us all to be amazed that someone's changed the colour and drawn a few buttons. I've said it before, we have a bunch of new simulators on the way. For TC to compete it's going to need major improvements in physics, AI (a proper MSTS-style paths system would be nice) and definitely, definitely sound. From what Auran have said so far, it will include none of those.

They need to wake up and realise that people won't just automatically buy their products without any incentive.

JB

P.S

...new cars with wheels etc. :confused:

roymac
March 23rd, 2007, 07:35 AM
.......I hope this isn't a silly question but, wouldn't it be a worthwhile investment to improve the Jet Engine instead of using resources making items such as Traniz Classics? After all, it is the heart of program. Once done, I think an updated Trainz program to go with it, would be an easy sell.

Just my 2 cents worth.

roymac

Sourdough
March 23rd, 2007, 09:04 AM
One thing that hasn't changed in this forum is the wealth of speculation from our resident "experts" based on little or no information.....we here still have to put up with people who take it upon themselves to speak on everyone's behalf....:rolleyes:
Doesn't matter what the color scheme is...some will not like it...I mean, you've been looking at the color scheme of this forum for how long and it's called Trainz Classics....what did you expect the color scheme for the product would be?...blue?...doh!

Maybe we should wait for the product to be finished or at least more info available before giving it the thumbs up or down....personal opinions don't really bother me....it's trying to make people believe they are most people's opinion that does bother me....:cool:

WileeCoyote
March 23rd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Look ! my cursor bug has been fixed.

Though, I think the cursor is a very handy thing to have if you want to control the train with those little slidey things on the bottom right, Auran went to so much trouble to include in the sim.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/392/nocursermp7.th.jpg (http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nocursermp7.jpg)

Huh? I've never seen these before when I'm driving. How do I get them to show up?

WileeCoyote:D

amigacooke
March 23rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
With regards to the animated points, you're simply confirming what I said; we have them in '06. A bug-fix isn't a new feature.

The phrase used in the original post is 'fully implemented', to which the inevitable logical conclusion is that it is already partially implemented. I am at a loss to see where I implied that animated points is a new feature.

ckthomson
March 23rd, 2007, 10:28 AM
They need to wake up and realise that people won't just automatically buy their products without any incentive.

Only incentive I had to purchase Trainz was that it wasn't an MS product. I didn't know about the one that EA are/were publishing, and as it turned out, 'Sid Meier's Railroads!' is an economy simulator with a train-oriented plotline... and constant crashing problems... ahem...

IF there's going to be some competition for TC, odds on I'll purchase all of 'em... if any of 'em aren't worth it, there's always E.B. ;)

I've been gaming since the Coleco, and believe me I've bought some real lemons in my day.

Cheers,
Craig

Ferngren
March 23rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
What I haven't read anything about yet - is TC going to be just a straight Drivers-sim, or will it include Surveyor, CMP, CCP ???

:confused:

jivebunny
March 23rd, 2007, 11:15 AM
One thing that hasn't changed in this forum is the wealth of speculation from our resident "experts" based on little or no information.....we here still have to put up with people who take it upon themselves to speak on everyone's behalf....:rolleyes:

Nope I speak for myself. Auran have told us it's the same game engine and that it's an extension to TRS2006 and that's what I've based my posts on. Do I need to be an "expert" to know what I'm willing to spend money on? Most of us can make decisions like that for ourselves.

Doesn't matter what the color scheme is...some will not like it...I mean, you've been looking at the color scheme of this forum for how long and it's called Trainz Classics....what did you expect the color scheme for the product would be?...blue?...doh!So by that logic the Driver interface for TRS2004 was all black and for TRS2006 it's all blue. Hang on while I check.... Oh look, it's not.

Maybe we should wait for the product to be finished or at least more info available before giving it the thumbs up or down....personal opinions don't really bother me....it's trying to make people believe they are most people's opinion that does bother me....:cool:If you could tell me where I've implied that I've been elected as spokesman for the forum I will happily alter my post, however I get the impression you're just bored and haven't read the bit in the CoC about trolling and flaming.

JB

Gangsta_Boi
March 23rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
@JB, by wheels they mean 3D wheels on cars (?) or do they revolve ?

Im at a loss here, looks to me i need a supercomputerr to run it anyway, mine only just copes with TRS2006

:(

Gangsta_Boi

Mike10
March 23rd, 2007, 01:51 PM
If you could tell me where I've implied that I've been elected as spokesman for the forum I will happily alter my post, however I get the impression you're just bored and haven't read the bit in the CoC about trolling and flaming.

JB
Somewhat of an over-reation there I think jivebunny. Sourdough's post didn't seem to be directed at you in particular and the comment about trolling is a little out of order IMHO.

I think you need to calm down a little.

Mike.

jivebunny
March 23rd, 2007, 02:51 PM
Mike I'm perfectly calm just getting annoyed at the inability to voice an opinion here without getting flamed.

As for the trolling comment feel free to point me towards a constructive post, I haven't seen any. The mods may allow it but it's still trolling.

JB

Mike10
March 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
As for the trolling comment feel free to point me towards a constructive post, I haven't seen any. The mods may allow it but it's still trolling.

JB
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=71904#post71904

Just one of many, that's the first I came across.

Mike.

This one's mostly constructive too (you may recognise it);

Doesn't matter what the color scheme is...some will not like it...I mean, you've been looking at the color scheme of this forum for how long and it's called Trainz Classics....what did you expect the color scheme for the product would be?...blue?...doh!

Maybe we should wait for the product to be finished or at least more info available before giving it the thumbs up or down....personal opinions don't really bother me....it's trying to make people believe they are most people's opinion that does bother me....:cool:

jjslll54
March 23rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Well said Alex.

Jack

perry_weekley
March 23rd, 2007, 08:19 PM
Trainzland is helping out with Classics and there are more trainz classics screenshots from trainzland in the payware forum since TC is payware.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=6954

there you go! :) Now that looks interesting i say.

P.S. Just seen the pics from a not long ago and the frps looks pretty fast on 1 with trees and shadows he has around 79 and the other with a long view down a road about 94 i think so the new objects in TC are probably very good but frame rate friendly.

Sourdough
March 23rd, 2007, 08:41 PM
Seen those before....will be nice for people who have systems that will handle that level of detail....hope mine will...:cool:

btw...Trainz, UTC, TRS04 and TRS06 are payware too....;)

Moojgoo
March 23rd, 2007, 09:07 PM
jivebunny

If you look at formation of the hills in the background you will see that the grid size is the same, so it is just a new texture. They should have used my Helper Mesh.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

What's Helper Mesh?

amigacooke
March 27th, 2007, 08:14 AM
What's Helper Mesh?

Search for 44700:11991 on the DLS.

Tokkyu40
April 4th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Big question... Do they know what the minimum system specs will be yet?
I'm hearing words like "one way traffic" and dreaming of prototypical street patterns around the tracks. 06 wasn't enough of an improvement to justify a new computer, but this might be.:D

ish6
April 5th, 2007, 12:58 AM
This interest me:

"CMP is an undeniably powerful tool that gives the user greater and more reliable access to the installed content than ever before. Advanced users will take advantage of a host of newly built-in scripted and hard-coded content creation functions. In fact there are plans to issue an advanced-user/content-creator edition shortly following the initial release of Trainz Classics, including accessible TRS2006 dependencies, Harlem Line and other built-in source files with revised content creation guidelines. The content creator as an artist will be able to take advantage of built in scripts without a programmer's help, and vice versa, a programmer can draw upon the source files of professional artists to further their exploration. Trainz Classics "Virtual Engineering Edition 01" will be aimed at those who would like to selectively import TRS2006 legacy assets into their own Trainz Classics experience." quote ...

Ish:)

Shortline2
April 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Hi all,

Wow, what a nice sales pitch, I think Auran just managed to get my attention again! ;)

First day of the long Easter break with nothing open (in Norway, all close Thursday, Friday, Monday - and most is closed on Saturday, except mostly food stores) and I receive some news from the great world of Auran that makes me forget all about the struggles in life. :D

Yes, Auran & Trainz still can make me dream - thank you!! :)

After last year I had enough, maybe it is time to look forward to some cool toys again - I sure can need that as I'm entering a life of lot of boring time and no way to get on with what should been done.

I sure hope the Virtual Engineering Edition will happen, that sounds way more interesting then a route edition. ;)

Till the future is here, I will keep the dream alive as good as I can, I'm all for advance uses and ability to create my own world my way, that's why I still have Trainz. :D

Best wishes from Norway, and a tired cold "hobby" carpenter (temperature dropped to below zero again today... :eek: and I wasn't finished with nailing up the siding on a small part of the house)

Linda

teddytoot
April 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM
A nice list of "goodies" but no mention of steam sound :(

Pencil42
April 5th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Well, maybe when they get to the Tonopah and Tidewater, they'll fix the steam sound :)
It does look more promising now that more information is becoming available (and some of the work in the other thread looks amazing!!)

martinvk
April 6th, 2007, 11:12 AM
existing User Interface didn't quite do justice to the magic and epic of our platform. It has been skillfully and exquisitely reworked ...

The list of changes appear to be all in the Driver module.

I wonder if anything was added in Surveyor to make the creation of a route any easier? A smaller grid is probably beyond the bounds of the possible but how about the ability to change the height of large areas at once with numerical input of the desired elevation? That would go a long way to making the joining of two maps easier.

How about being able to selectively freeze objects so that they can not be accidentally selected when adding or modifying other objects nearby?

One thing that we have learned in our experience is that once the community becomes comfortable with a utility or feature, it's unpopular to radically change it...
thus my justification for sticking with TrainzObjectz, the best (IMHO) utility to manage objects. I never leave the station without it. :)

Gangsta_Boi
April 6th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I'm hearing words like "one way traffic" and dreaming of prototypical street patterns around the tracks.

Well, according to the newsletter i recieved today, there WILL be one way streets, and multiple lane roads (so the boulevards will have carz using both lanes :D

Now for my question(s) i would like simple answers please.
1. Can i import TRS2006, 2004, UTC items into ANY version of Trainz Classics

2. Say i buy a TC version, full of british items, and i see an uploaded route (if we can upload:rolleyes:) of a british layout, but the uploader has the Harlem line pack, and includes an object from that pack. would i have to buy the Harlem line pack for ONE item ?

Thanks,

Gangsta_Boi

FootplatePhil
April 6th, 2007, 04:18 PM
:
:
2. Say i buy a TC version, full of british items, and i see an uploaded route (if we can upload:rolleyes:) of a british layout, but the uploader has the Harlem line pack, and includes an object from that pack. would i have to buy the Harlem line pack for ONE item ?

Thanks,

Gangsta_Boi

1. I would like to thank Auran for continuing to move Trainz forward, but..

2. I have also been wondering about backward compatability. Presumably the Trainz-build number will increment for each pack. Isn't there the potential here to exacerbate the existing sp1 backward compatability problem. Even if you don't use any of the new packs content in your route, will just 'touching' it with a new pack preclude others who have not purchased that pack from using it? Will we have to keep and work in a back level version of Trainz if we want to release content we can be sure people can run? And will CMP indicate which version of Trainz we need to run an item on the DLS, before its is downloaded?

Phil

Moojgoo
April 6th, 2007, 04:55 PM
jivebunny

Cheers

Narrowgauge

I can see that it IS smaller in in the background. Your eyes must be getting old.

WileeCoyote
April 7th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Multi lane roads? One way roads? Underground parking garages that charge a dollar for half an hour (welcome to Mainz:p)? Type in Chereck on the DLS as a username, he has made some of this stuff, and good tram rails too.

WileeCoyote:D

RooRocz
April 8th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Could this "Virtual Engineering Edition" come with exporters for more than just gmax (Blender, etc.), seeing as how Discreet no longer supports it?

tyard
April 8th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Could this "Virtual Engineering Edition" come with exporters for more than just gmax (Blender, etc.), seeing as how Discreet no longer supports it?Allow Google Sketchup. Although Google doesn't allow the best things, it is still good for basic. You still will want to add something at least as advanced as Gmax though.