PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Problem

josefdoc
August 27th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know why this happens I am running Trainz 2009 SP3 in DirectX.
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae351/njtacl/ScreenShot413.jpg
Thanks

rweber95
August 28th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I'm build 44653 and in OpenGL. My SECX has wheels. Have you tried both DirectX and OpenGL?

Bob Weber

josefdoc
August 28th, 2011, 01:53 AM
Yes I have tried both, it happens in DirectX. But when I try to take a screenshot in OpenGL it turns out black, but it is all the trains not just the one that is posted.

Thanks

Satyr
August 28th, 2011, 07:50 AM

Thanks

G'Day,
Must be one of them newfangled Maglev engines, they float over the track, so they don't have wheels.:hehe:

Have a good one,
E.C.

bchester
August 28th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Yes I have tried both, it happens in DirectX. But when I try to take a screenshot in OpenGL it turns out black, but it is all the trains not just the one that is posted.

Thanks

Hi,

Could you supply the following:
- Video Card type, model, dedicated ram
- Operating System
- Amount of physical main RAM
- What resolution are running Trainz in? (ie 640 x 480, 1280 x 960, etc)

- Are you running other background tasks? You should turn off all other apps!

Have you run TrainzDiag? Start -> Run -> Program Files/auran/ts2009/bin/TrainzDiag.exe

Report the finds!

Bricey

josefdoc
August 28th, 2011, 12:02 PM
My video card is a Vision Tek Radeon HD 5450. 4094MB Ram.
My screen Resolution is 1024x768.

My operating system is Intel core 2 duo processor.

And I ran Trainz Diag and there were no problems.

Thanks

martinvk
August 28th, 2011, 12:36 PM

ThanksAll the trains using the same bogey or all bogeys? Try using another bogey and see if you get the same result. In the image, it appears as if we see the shadow mesh but not the main mesh. Missing or corrupt file?

josefdoc
August 28th, 2011, 01:04 PM
It's not just this engine it is all the trains.

josefdoc
August 28th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Most of the bogeys in the game do the same thing.

martinvk
August 28th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Do you have the latest driver for your graphics card?

Bill69
August 28th, 2011, 03:31 PM
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae351/njtacl/ScreenShot413.jpg
Thanks

I find this is nothing to do with your system.
It is usually caused by having an item in the route that has errors. Check the route in CMP and repair or replace anything that shows an error.
Note, by error I mean a red exclamation mark a yellow exclamation mark should be ok.

Cheers,
Bill69

josefdoc
August 28th, 2011, 03:39 PM
There is a steam engine from steammachine.com that has a faulty dependency.
It is the blw md440 b2. It is a Baldwin 4-4-0.

josefdoc
August 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Ok I took the steam engine off the tracks and the problem still occurs.

josefdoc
August 28th, 2011, 03:47 PM
It usually happens when I take a screenshot and then go back into the game. And sometimes it just happens when the train is moving, and some screenshots don't come out right either.

josefdoc
August 28th, 2011, 06:59 PM
So does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks

rweber95
August 28th, 2011, 08:26 PM
There is a steam engine from steammachine.com that has a faulty dependency.
It is the blw md440 b2. It is a Baldwin 4-4-0.
It is missing the engine_black texture. Make (or copy from another loco or tender) a black.ext file and its black.texture.txt file then rename the graphic file to engine_black.ext and edit the black.texture.txt to agree and save as engine_black.texture.txt. Save and commit.
Note-replace .ext with the extension of the type of graphic file (such as .bmp or .jpg or .tga) you end up using.

Bob Weber

josefdoc
August 28th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Ok, i'll try that, but it's not just that locomotive.

leeferr
August 28th, 2011, 09:35 PM
If it's all of your locomotives, I don't believe that it's a missing texture file.
Have you tried a database repair? Although, if it's all of your locos, then I'm guessing that it's a graphic card issue. It's apparently picking up the shadow mesh, but it isn't picking up the main mesh for some odd reason.

If I understand you correctly, the bogeys are there until you take a screenshot and then they disappear when the screen reappears. This is what makes me think it's a graphics problem and not a missing texture problem.

What program are you using to take your screenshots?

Mike

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Hi Mike, I am using Gadwin Printscreen, but it also happens when I am just running trains. the train will stop suddenly and the bogeys will dissapear.

Thanks

leeferr
August 29th, 2011, 09:23 AM
If they are there and then disappear, then it isn't a missing texture problem.

Do you have the latest video driver for you graphics card? It sure sounds like a video card issue.

Mike

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I think so I just got my new graphics card last week.

leeferr
August 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Were you having this problem before you got the new video card?

Also, just because you got the card last week doesn't mean that the installation disk has the latest driver. I've installed video cards where the driver furnished with the disk was outdated when I opened the package. You might want to check for updated drivers.

Mike

tomurban
August 29th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I think so I just got my new graphics card last week.

I think you just nailed it. Go to the chip manufacturers website and download/install the latest drivers for your video card.

tomurban

j_maybury
August 29th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Here is the link http://www.visiontek.com/dms59-sff/hd-5450-dms59.html
just click the support tab then click on driver in the download column then select graphics card then your model number (HD 5000 series) then your OS system and click [go]

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 02:31 PM
OK, Thank you, I will try that.

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Ok, I updated the drivers and it didn't fix the problem.

j_maybury
August 29th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I see that you have TS06 and TS12.
Do they have the same problem?

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I don't really use 06 anymore but in TS2009 SP3 it happens. In Ts2009 and TS12 when you take a screenshot it turns black.

tomurban
August 29th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I don't really use 06 anymore but in TS2009 SP3 it happens. In Ts2009 and TS12 when you take a screenshot it turns black.

Does it occur with all bogies or just a particular type.

tomurban

j_maybury
August 29th, 2011, 03:46 PM
It still sounds like a graphic card problem, the only thing I can suggest at this stage is the help desk. have you tried un-installing TS09 then re-installing it?
It should leave the local file intact, but to be on the safe side, copy the local file and the builtin file to somewhere safe.

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 04:25 PM
No I haven't tried re-installing Trainz 2009, Do you recommend I try that? And if I copy my local file will all my content be there?

Thanks

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Is there anything else I could do to fix the problem before re-installing Trainz?

JCitron
August 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Does this happen only happen when using the older type of alpha-blended trees?

Have you tried to see if this works with Speed Trees?

The older trees are rendered differently than Speed Trees, which use the GPU instead of the CPU for the work. Your bogeys look like the old alpha-blended trees do on my system.

John

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Hi John, I took the screenshot in TS2009 SP3. In TS12 the bogeys don't disappear, but when you take a screenshot it turns out black. The screenshots turn out black in TS2009 also. And in TS12 even with speedtrees it still comes out black. I updated my graphics card also.

Thanks

JCitron
August 29th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Hi John, I took the screenshot in TS2009 SP3. In TS12 the bogeys don't disappear, but when you take a screenshot it turns out black. The screenshots turn out black in TS2009 also. And in TS12 even with speedtrees it still comes out black. I updated my graphics card also.

Thanks

OK....

Now have you tried a screenshot without using that software?

Try using the regular print screen key and see if that causes the same problem.

This could be graphics memory issues, which it seems to be pointing too. It's not Trainz, but definitely a system-related problem because it happens in both TS2010 and TS2009.

John

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 09:32 PM
When I push printscreen it does the same thing. And I don't know why the bogeys disappear. And what other screenshot software is there?

Thanks

JCitron
August 29th, 2011, 09:39 PM
When I push printscreen it does the same thing. And I don't know why the bogeys disappear. And what other screenshot software is there?

Thanks

http://majorgeeks.com/Screenshot_Captor_d5600.html

I did a search on Major Geeks for screen shot and this was one of the links. I used this quite some time ago, but I'm not that familiar with it.

John

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Ok, I'll try this.

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 09:49 PM
OK, the screenshot problem is now fixed I can now take a picture in Gadwin Printsceen, and screen capture. But the bogeys still disappear in the game.

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hi, when i updated my graphics card drivers I forgot to restart my computer, so now the bogeys don't disappear and I can take a screenshot. Thank You for all your help.:)

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Ok, I can still not take a screenshot in TS12.

martinvk
August 29th, 2011, 10:27 PM
For just about all visual issues, always check to see if you have the latest graphics card driver installed and reboot after installing if it does not do it automatically for you. :)

Only on a rare occasion, there might be an issue with the latest driver but that is generally flagged pretty fast by the computer community and patched ASAP. :eek:

martinvk
August 29th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Ok, I can still not take a screenshot in TS12.Can you make a screenshot using the PrtScn key? You might need to disable Gadwin Printsceen since it takes over the normal function of that key. I suspect there is an incompatibility in there.

josefdoc
August 29th, 2011, 10:33 PM
OK, thank you, but how would I fix the screenshot problem in TS12.

RiscaStation
August 30th, 2011, 03:34 AM
OK, thank you, but how would I fix the screenshot problem in TS12.

Hi,

Having read through this thread I would be inclined to think your Graphics card has a problem, faulty perhaps. Have you got a spare Graphics card you could use to check out these problems?

josefdoc
August 30th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Hi, my computers built-in graphics card does not have that problem.

josefdoc
August 30th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Do you suggest that I take the graphics card back to the store?

josefdoc
August 30th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Do you think it is faulty?

leeferr
August 30th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure that anyone has a solution for you right now, but maybe someone can come along that can help you further. I'm out of ideas if you've tried both DirectX and OpenGL settings.

Mike

josefdoc
August 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Do you know if I should return the graphics card to the store and ask them?

tomurban
August 30th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Do you know if I should return the graphics card to the store and ask them?

In post #46 your graphics card was built-in.

tomurban

josefdoc
August 30th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Yea but my built-in one one dosen't have that problem. Thew one I recently got does.

martinvk
August 30th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Why don't you try the simple solution of removing the screen grabber software first? Reboot. Then do the bogeys show? Make a screen shot using the PrtScn key in its native mode. Does that work? Re-install the screen grabber software. Does the problem return?

josefdoc
August 30th, 2011, 07:44 PM
OK, i'll try that and let you know, but it happens when i'm playing the game also even when I'm not taking a screenshot.

Thanks

martinvk
August 30th, 2011, 07:56 PM
If removing or adding the screen grabber software has no effect, then I would definitely have a closer look at your graphics card. When you added the expansion graphics card, did you properly disable to built-in card? It might still be interfering.

As for you new card, did you checkout some of the comments on the web about its capabilities? Not to disappoint you but it's not (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110810023356AAJbq0g) the sharpest knife in the drawer (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/317036-33-visiontek-radeon-5450).

josefdoc
August 30th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I had the graphics card installed professionally so the built-in one should be disabled. I am going to take the computer back to where I got it installed and let them look at it.

Thanks

josefdoc
September 15th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I am still having this problem, and I really want to figure out why things disappear in the game. Thanks

tomurban
September 15th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Did you ever return the card/computer to the installer? What did they say? If the built-in card works, it has to be the new card or something associated with it.

tomurban

josefdoc
September 15th, 2011, 06:09 PM
yes they updated the drivers but i tried the game on several other computers and it didn't work either. And I even bought a new copy of Trainz thinking maybe it was something with the disc. But the new copy did the same thing.

tomurban
September 15th, 2011, 08:53 PM
yes they updated the drivers but i tried the game on several other computers and it didn't work either. And I even bought a new copy of Trainz thinking maybe it was something with the disc. But the new copy did the same thing.

See if you can get them to exchange the card for a different one. Not likely to be caused by the drivers.

tomurban

martinvk
September 15th, 2011, 09:50 PM
What graphic cards did these other computers have? Curious that they all had your problem.
Is anyone else using the OP's graphic card?

video card is a Vision Tek Radeon HD 5450. 4094MB Ram.

josefdoc
September 15th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I don't know what kind of graphics cards they had but it used to work on my laptop and I never upgraded that one and it worked fine before so I dont think its the graphics card.

martinvk
September 15th, 2011, 10:44 PM
OK, was there an automatic Windows upgrade during this time frame? Check the upgrade logs to see if this happened. How about other automatic upgrades?

Something changed in your system. The question is what.

gkdpld
September 16th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Try Directx 9.c

josefdoc
September 16th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I checked the update log and it said that there were updates installed to the system.

tomurban
September 16th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I noticed that the locomotive in your screen shot is payware. Did you also get the bogies for it or perhaps edited the config file?

tomurban

josefdoc
September 16th, 2011, 09:18 PM
It's not just that engine though it is every train in the game.

tomurban
September 16th, 2011, 09:44 PM
It's not just that engine though it is every train in the game.

Including STEAM?

josefdoc
September 17th, 2011, 09:10 AM
yes steam also.

martinvk
September 17th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Well if as you say it is an across the board phenomenon, then there is something not right with your system. You say there were automatic upgrades made. You coud try backing out of them one at a time to when it was working in order to attempt to find the change that caused this. Not for the faint of heart. Be sure you have a complete backup of your whole computer, even two copies on different external drives, just in case something goes wrong.

josefdoc
September 17th, 2011, 06:06 PM
But it is not just one computer it was several computers that I tried it on.

tomurban
September 17th, 2011, 06:35 PM
But it is not just one computer it was several computers that I tried it on.

None of this makes any sense. I think I am done here.

josefdoc
September 18th, 2011, 09:38 AM
What I meant is I installed the game on two other computers and the screenshots came out black and the wheels disappeared. So I dont think it is my desktop.

josefdoc
September 25th, 2011, 12:29 PM
But if it installed an update by itself how would I make it so the update didn't install, and would it be something related to the C++ Visual Studio.

josefdoc
September 25th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Would I have to reverse the update?

Thanks

josefdoc
September 26th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Would I reverse it in windows update?

Thanks

josefdoc
October 17th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Would it have anything to do with a framework update?

Thanks

ct_krogen
October 18th, 2011, 05:17 PM
try this go to cmp and turn off texture comprssion,,, and see what happnes

josefdoc
December 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I am still having this problem, I have tried reversing the update, but couldn't find the update. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Thanks