PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a route

Amtrak72
August 23rd, 2011, 04:54 PM
i am looking for a certain type of route. Here are my guidelines-

1.It has to be real.

2.It can be used for mile long freight trains.

3.It is compatible with TS:2010

4. It has to be in the U.S

5. It has to be FREEWARE

Any help?

Thad09
August 23rd, 2011, 06:53 PM
Have you tried searching the DLS? The only route that comes to mind is Desert Plains or something like that. Hope this helps.

bobhahn
August 23rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
I'm sure there are more, but here are four that I've loaded up and have been very impressed with:

WM & BO Mega Route Native Mode (for TS2010). Almost 600 miles of track. Western Maryland, Ohio.

UMR2011-MEGAMERGE-SUMMER. Midwestern US. (Reality in question)

New England Coastal-TRS2010. A merger of 6 individual routes.

East Kentucky 3 (not on DLS, but free at checkrail.com).

Amtrak72
August 23rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
I cannot seem to find this route on the DLS-

WM & BO Mega Route Native Mode (for TS2010). Almost 600 miles of track. Western Maryland, Ohio.

Any help?

Ricke82
August 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
You might try the black pages. CM might not be showing it because you don't have TS2010.

jrfolco
August 23rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Click on my sig and you'll find the WM & BO Mega Route Native Mode along with several other routes for Trainz versions 2004 through 12.

Joe

johnslavik
August 23rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
anyone know a good route with amtrak stations??

Amtrak72
August 24th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I'm trying to download from the TPR depot but whenever I try to login in it says I have to validate my e-mail, but I already validated it. I have to do this in order to get those ProtoLars pack's.

Any help?

Amtrak72
August 24th, 2011, 07:41 AM
okay I have been now able to download the stuff I need from the TPR Downoad depot. However as for the speed tree updates there is a problem with that. I've noticed that the file tip is .RAR, and it isn't a .CDP file. Can I open the .RAR file with Content Manager? THis is the last thing I need in order to make the route work.:(

any help?

jrfolco
August 24th, 2011, 07:58 AM
You need to download a .rar extractor. I've used WinRAR to extract Pofig's trees. Once you install it, double click on the .rar file and will extract the CDPs. Do a Google search for WinRAR.

Joe

Amtrak72
August 24th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I have been able to find this RAR extractor- unrarx

However while extracting the files I noticed that these files- ST5, ST6, ST7, and ST8 all had the same file names. And no new files were extracted after extracting file ST6. Are these files separate ones? Or are they supposed to have the same name?

jrfolco
August 24th, 2011, 07:41 PM
There are ten folders with the .rar extension. After you unzip them, you'll find CDP files in each one. Import the CDPs into content manager, and you 'll have all of the trees.

Joe

jrfolco
August 24th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Pofig has a new website for his trees. I changed it on my home page, but I just realized that the old link was still on the WM & B&O Mega Route Native Mode page. Iíve now changed it to reflect the new link.

The old site is still up, so if you downloaded from it, the trees should still work. I would suggest that you continue opening the CDPs from the old site, and if you donít have any missing tree dependencies, youíll be OK.

After you set up the route, you might try the new site just to stay up to date. Open the site, click on Download, and acquire the ten downloads.

They are as follows:

ABH Part 1
ABH Part 2
ABH Part 3
ABH Part 4
ABH KT 7
EK
EK S1
EK S2
ST 7
ST 8

After downloading the new files, it is important that you overwrite the old files when importing them into Content Manager, as Pofig retains the same file names after making changes.

Joe

Amtrak72
August 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
okay, I already installed the route with no problems, so i'm fine.

Anyways does anyone know of any good passenger routes? Mostly Amtrak or commuter? (I have Chicago Metro V 1.1 so thats crossed off on the list).:)