PDA

View Full Version : Versions of Trainz

howjr51
August 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
I am running 2010EE,
I have loaded 2004 but cannot get it to open yet (rendering system failure) I am in the process of reading all the post on 2004.
My question is when you load differnt versions of trainz in the same computer do you have access to all of the consist's in each program from one version.
I noticed that the program took some time to update after I loaded the 2nd program.

JCitron
August 22nd, 2011, 09:20 PM
I am running 2010EE,
I have loaded 2004 but cannot get it to open yet (rendering system failure) I am in the process of reading all the post on 2004.
My question is when you load differnt versions of trainz in the same computer do you have access to all of the consist's in each program from one version.
I noticed that the program took some time to update after I loaded the 2nd program.

You can only see the consists within that version.

However... You can import your content from the older version(s) into newer ones using CM.

John

howjr51
August 22nd, 2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks John

I am new to Trainz, just trying to find my way around. I bought 2004 just for the manuals.

itareus
August 23rd, 2011, 04:14 AM
You will find some useful tutorials for Trainz here:

http://trains.0catch.com/tutorial.html

Cheers

JCitron
August 23rd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks John

I am new to Trainz, just trying to find my way around. I bought 2004 just for the manuals.

The manuals from TRS2004 are quite fine for using the current versions of Trainz when it comes to driving and route building. The deviations occur when you download new content. This is now done with the Content Manager instead of the old download manager, which is referred to in the TRS2004 manuals.

John