PDA

View Full Version : I need serial number help

lizard280
August 5th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I need help with my serial number i baught the game from amazon and I imstalled it but it didnt work (musthave installed it as a addon) and i gave up wondering what went wrong that was about a year ago but now i wanted to install it again because i was boared and didnt know waht to do but i started it and when it asked me for my serial number i didn't have it. My book was gone so i searched on the internet and someone said to ry a website so i did but nothing i went down the google page and all i found where downloadable cracks and hacks but i want to know that i am safe so all i want to know is where i can get a NEW serial number like my dad did on the PS3 for a VIP code when he got his game 2nd hand is it possibble or should i just give up and try something elce?:confused:

pfx
August 5th, 2011, 12:22 PM
If you don't have the book still, your only option is to contact the Helpdesk using the link above. They may or may not be able to help you.

lizard280
August 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
nope i tryed that AND something on the help desk said if this does not help you can tou please contact the help desk!!! the stupid thing was useless!

RRSignal
August 5th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I believe Amazon emails the serial number. I made the mistake of buying a digital download on there once (got my money back though) and they emailed it to me. Apart from that, you're probably out of luck. As I learned, things like this are why it's best to buy straight from the maker and game software sales usually come with a serious catch.

aardvark1
August 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hi,

Sorry you lost the serial number.

But, that begs the question..... why did you NOT register the product when you received it?

Hopefully, this thread will not deteriorate.

Regards,

shaneturner12
August 5th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Exactly my thoughts - I agree with what you said in another post re: having a message at the top of the forums telling people to register your serial number when they get it.

As for the OP, you need to contact Helpdesk as they are the only ones who can deal with serial number issues.

Shane

colourlight
August 5th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Don,t be too hard on Lizard. it,s easy too be wise after the event. He did say he installed it and it didn,t work so either he never bothered to register it because of that or he didn,t realise at the time he should register it. Plus the fact I get the impression he may be on the young side. Like you said he has a choice between trying the help desk and cutting his losses and binning it. How about asking dad to buy you a more up to date version such as 2010 or TS12 Lizard:(

BLACKWATCH
August 5th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Lizard, just to be clear ..................................

You state
where i can get a NEW serial number like my dad did on the PS3 for a VIP code when he got his game 2nd hand is it possibble

................ did you buy a NEW copy that was still sealed, or was it a s/h (Amazon also sell used aswell as new) copy ?

sniper297
August 5th, 2011, 09:28 PM
"nope i tryed that AND something on the help desk said if this does not help you can tou please contact the help desk!!! the stupid thing was useless!"

That's the knowledge base, to actually get a reply you have to actually submit a ticket. The knowledge base information is what didn't help, it said to contact the help desk because until you submit a ticket you're not actually in contact with the help desk. I would also advise asking your Dad to help you with that, since you said he did something similar for another game.