PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Trainz Simulator 12

joao6222
July 25th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Trainz Simulator 12
I have a problem starting the game, I click on start, but then the game goes down.
Please if I can help, I was very grateful.

shaneturner12
July 25th, 2011, 09:19 AM
We will need more information:

System specifications (specifically Operating system, processor, amount of memory, hard drive size, graphics card)

Also, in the folder where you installed Trainz 12 into, there is a Bin subfolder, and inside there, run the file called TrainzDiag.

The information this tool gives can then be copied and pasted into a post (the important bit is the pass/warning/fail section)

Also, if you are using Windows Vista or 7, you must run Trainz as administrator. If you are not sure how to do this, see my tutorial site (link is in my signature) on the 'Running as Administrator' page.

Shane

EDIT: As aardvark1 has stated in your other thread, you need to register your serial number.

aardvark1
July 25th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks Shane,

Here you go.... http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showpost.php?p=835476&postcount=2

Hello joao6222,

I would suggest that you register your TS12 as a starting point. Click on Serial Number at the top of the page and enter your 24 alpha/digit serial number.

Getting help without showing TS12 registered may be difficult.

Then, is this the download or boxed version that you have?

Also, please post your computer specs.

Regards,

shaneturner12
July 25th, 2011, 09:34 AM
It's OK - it gets too confusing when there are 2 threads going on at once about the same subject.

Shane

joao6222
July 25th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I did what you suggested, and the only thing that says "warning" is "Video Driver's Age: 23 months old-Update

shaneturner12
July 25th, 2011, 10:47 AM
OK - this is the crucial question: did any items report as failed?

Also, as stated above, make sure you register your serial number and have your username and password in the Trainz Options box (click Options on the Launcher to access this)

Shane

joao6222
July 25th, 2011, 10:54 AM
How to register my serial number?

shaneturner12
July 25th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Click 'Serial Number' above, select Trainz Simulator 12 on the first dropdown box, then fill in the rest of the form.

Shane

ct_krogen
July 25th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I did what you suggested, and the only thing that says "warning" is "Video Driver's Age: 23 months old-Update

that could be problem,.,,

pakde_lala
January 7th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Hi...
I instaled TS10 or TS12...if the game started...the sound is crash..if (example) i used horn...or zoom near the loco.. become worst...but the pic in good condition...Can u help ..??

My Comp Spec : Intel Core 2 Duo..4 gb RAM..1 gb video card...SBL sound card...500mb HD...Window XP sp 2...

Thanx...

fran1
January 7th, 2012, 08:07 AM
First thing to do is register your serial number (upwards and left a touch). I think I know what's wrong.

ECIRailfan
November 3rd, 2012, 06:49 PM
Where can I find my serial number?

I am wanting to get City and Country USA from the DLS so I can revise it, but I haven't been able to find my serial number.

I looked for it in-game, but I couldn't find it. If this helps, I got the game from Amazon as a download.

shaneturner12
November 4th, 2012, 03:32 AM
You will need to check your Amazon account for that.

Shane

rubenjrios83
January 29th, 2013, 05:21 PM

i get the same warning but i ignore it. say 32 month old update. i say "who cares". i run the train game with or without the update. works fine.:)

shaneturner12
January 30th, 2013, 03:46 AM
In some cases, having the latest compatible drivers for your video/graphics card can actually improve performance on your game.

Shane