PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help

smurfen
July 13th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hi all,

I just bought Trainz 2012. But, when I am trying to download the setup-1a.bin, it says it will open in VLC media player? I don't know how to download the file now, and what to do after I have got the file? Plz help

Thanks,

RRSignal
July 13th, 2011, 04:45 PM
.bin file is a generic extension...it'll open something different on any given system. In this case, it's just the binary data for Trainz. You need to download the other 5 files. Setup.exe is the one that will run and install the game. P.S. if on Vista or Win7, be sure to install as Administrator.

smurfen
July 13th, 2011, 04:50 PM
.bin file is a generic extension...it'll open something different on any given system. In this case, it's just the binary data for Trainz. You need to download the other 5 files. Setup.exe is the one that will run and install the game. P.S. if on Vista or Win7, be sure to install as Administrator.

Im on Windows XP. And the other download links as I got in the mail leads to the first setup file.

johnwhelan
July 13th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Im on Windows XP. And the other download links as I got in the mail leads to the first setup file.

Have another look you should see a file called setup.exe, this program uses the .bin files as data to install Trainz.

Cheerio John

smurfen
July 13th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Have another look you should see a file called setup.exe, this program uses the .bin files as data to install Trainz.

Cheerio John

Yep, I saw that file now. I must have open setup file 5 two times or something. Many thanks for helping. :)