PDA

View Full Version : deleting unused items

tankbob
July 7th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Hiya all

This may seem like a stupid question but as i only build routes based on the uk old and new is there a way to get rid of all the us and other stuff it would make searching through things in surveyor a lot easier any ideas and help please.

cheers bob

robd
July 7th, 2011, 07:17 AM
All built in assets can't be deleted which is a nuisance, they can, however, be disabled in content manager.

ct_krogen
July 7th, 2011, 10:52 AM
but if you have a data base crash, you will have to do it all over again

Orpheus2000
July 7th, 2011, 11:30 AM
is there a way to get rid of all the us and other stuff .

I sympathise, but so much content is not properly categorised. If you disable all stuff not marked "UK" or "GB" (why two groups?) you will lose a lot of items which look fine on a UK layout. I make a note of those bits I've got, but really don't like or never use, and then have a deletion session once in a while.
I find keeping a note book of "when I get around to it" items helps me organise my time on Trainz better. Even if I don't often get a Round Twit......

tankbob
July 8th, 2011, 06:12 AM
thanks to all just wondering if after disabling built in content and deleting others then saving a backup of the local folder in case of database crash could the backup not just be copied back to save doing it all again.

cheers bob