PDA

View Full Version : Can i please get some help here.. Please

craigw376
July 3rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Hoping everyone is enjoying there day. I have few questions and in need of help..

1, I have just recently reinstalled trs 2006 to my computer, and when i attempt to download content . i am gettting content manager has expierenced a problem and needs to close .Just wondering what causes that i cannot download anything. i also still have trs 2004 installed on the same computer and wondering if that is causing a problem

2.I am also trying to transfer all of my routes and content for 04 to 06 can someone please guide me in the right direction so that i may do this correctly..

thank you so much for your help.....

captainkman
July 3rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
Hoping everyone is enjoying there day. I have few questions and in need of help..

1, I have just recently reinstalled trs 2006 to my computer, and when i attempt to download content . i am gettting content manager has expierenced a problem and needs to close .Just wondering what causes that i cannot download anything. i also still have trs 2004 installed on the same computer and wondering if that is causing a problem

2.I am also trying to transfer all of my routes and content for 04 to 06 can someone please guide me in the right direction so that i may do this correctly..

thank you so much for your help.....
Question 1:

You need a First Class Ticket for 2006 and 2004, as Auran does not support them any more. If you want to download, get either TS2009, TS2010, TS12 or a FCT.

Question 2: Sorry, not sure on that one. I uninstalled TRS2006 and 04 to make way for TS2010 some time ago.

paulzmay
July 3rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
1. You won't be able to download to TRS04/06 anymore without a first class ticket. It shouldn't crash even so. Trainz versions now allow downloads for 5 years from release.

2. There is an import content option in the content manager menu of TRS06. Point it at the despatcher/downloads folder.

Paul

cascaderailroad
July 3rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
There are many things that can help you get it running, like: R Clck TRS2006 Desktop Icon: Properties/tick the box: Run As Administrator.

Making allowable exception rules through your AV Firewall:

C:/ProgramFiles/Auan/TRS2006/bin/Launcher
C:/ProgramFiles/Auran/TRS2006/bin/CMP

But a FCT is manditory ... @ $22 USD a year

craigw376
July 3rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks to you all i have a first class ticket already that i had from my version of 04 will that not work with my 06

aardvark1
July 3rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks to you all i have a first class ticket already that i had from my version of 04 will that not work with my 06

Registering your Trainz versions might be a good starting point.

Have fun,

craigw376
July 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
I have registered it i have a fct for 04 with my other version of trainz will i need to get a seperate fct ticket to use for my 06 ..

cascaderailroad
July 3rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
No ... you only need 1 FCT to download ... good for all versions that you are running.

While you are at Planet Auran, check "Tickets" and see that you have "Activated" your ticket (you need to clear your DLH "Wish List" pick list. cache first).

captainkman
July 3rd, 2011, 05:52 PM
I have registered it i have a fct for 04 with my other version of trainz will i need to get a seperate fct ticket to use for my 06 ..
Go to your Planet Auran profile, click Serial Numbers, and register TS2006 and TS2004. If you are successful, you will have the thing next to your name that shows that you have TS2006 and TS2004.

You can use the FCT for both.

sniper297
July 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
One first class ticket works to download for any version you have, the problem is you need to have the registration done correctly. If you actually registered anything with the username you have for the forum, you would see the versions you have registered listed next to your user name;

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1907/76516299.jpg

You don't have that for the username you're using here, if TRS2004 and TRS2006 were correctly registered for "craigw376" then those two versions would be displayed next to your name.

https://www.auran.com//planetauran/login.php?redirect_url=SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php&LoginRevisit=0

Take a look there, log in and see if you can get them registered.

craig_007
July 3rd, 2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks i will try that and c if i did something wrong probably so lolol thank you guys soo much for your help thus far

craig_007
July 3rd, 2011, 06:04 PM
I have registered the versions of trainz and still nothing is there a problem with the dls i am not sure what is going on here... it doesnt have anything to do with having 2 games on one computer i mean i dont have tc1 on here anymore but i have 2004...

sniper297
July 3rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
I think I see the problem, are you craigw376 or craig_007 or both? craig_007 apparently has TRS2006 and Trainz Classics registered, if they have that name for you in the database for the FCT and the other one is the one you used for the internet settings in content manager, no wonder it's getting confused. Check your settings in content manager and make sure whichever name you use matches everywhere.

craig_007
July 3rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Yea i am actually both but i thought i needed them bith tooo now i see i dont this is the one with the fct on it and i have set them both in 04 and 06 i cant get into the content manager because it wont open at all just saying it has to close... this is crazee lolol i have been trying to figure this out allllllday had no problems with 04 just now that i have 06 its not allowing me to do anything geeessshhhh...

CRO
July 3rd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Yea i am actually both but i thought i needed them bith tooo now i see i dont this is the one with the fct on it and i have set them both in 04 and 06 i cant get into the content manager because it wont open at all just saying it has to close... this is crazee lolol i have been trying to figure this out allllllday had no problems with 04 just now that i have 06 its not allowing me to do anything geeessshhhh...

Craig
I have recently returned to Trainz (2010), and have noticed that the DLS was often unavailable. Now I usually try to D/L at off peak times and get connected straight away - in fact I am downloading now at 0030GMT, or 1030am as it is here in Australia

CRO

craig_007
July 3rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Yes i do understand that i am wondering if that is the issue but it is just not opening at all is there any other way to download content too 06 without using cmp also i have 04 installed on the smae computer do u think that maybe interfering with 06 cmp from working...

sniper297
July 3rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, but he says he has a first class ticket, and if content mangler won't open at all the problem is on his system, unrelated to the DLS.

First thing, if you have Vista or Windows 7, format your hard drive and buy Windows XP. :wave:

Just kidding. But if it IS Vista or Win7 the first thing you gotta do is learn how to deal with the UAC. Log in as administrator, install games as administrator, run games as administrator, install patches as administrator, install addons as administrator, why they don't just make an option to turn all that off for home computers is a complete mystery.

Whether you have that or are running XP, what I would do is uninstall TRS2006.

Click Start, My Computer, select the C drive and RIGHT click on it, select Properties. Click the Disk Cleanup button.

Go read a book or something cuz that takes a while to run. When it finishes, empty your recycle bin.

Next, select the Tools tab, Error Checking, Check now. Have to restart the system before that will kick in and it also takes a while to run.

Last, also in Tools, Defragment now, then select defragment, don't worry about analyzing it to see if it needs it because if you haven't done it recently it does need it.

After all that you have a clean disk to install TRS2006 on, so reinstall it. TEST. See if the game starts and runs with nothing but default, make sure there are no errors or problems. If it does, go onto the next step, download and install whatever patches are available.

AFTER that, not before, you can start downloading installing importing assorted addons, a few at a time, and check for problems after installing something new so you can at least guess which addon is screwing it up when it does blow up.

craig_007
July 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Ok i wil try all of that i tried the adminstrator but its asking for a password that i dont know lolololol so i will try what you said and again thank you..

HiBaller
July 3rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
snip

But if it IS Vista or Win7 the first thing you gotta do is learn how to deal with the UAC. Log in as administrator, install games as administrator, run games as administrator, install patches as administrator, install addons as administrator, why they don't just make an option to turn all that off for home computers is a complete mystery.

snip

UAC can be turned off easily. It is done from Control Panel. Go to User Accounts and click the link to "turn user account control on or off". For Windows 7, just move the slider down to the bottom (it says 'not recommended', but that's what you want to do anyway). In Vista, it is a checkbox that you UNcheck to make UAC go away.

Bill

HiBaller
July 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
Ok i wil try all of that i tried the adminstrator but its asking for a password that i dont know lolololol so i will try what you said and again thank you..

If you were the one who installed the operating system, or activated it, then quite possibly there is NO password for the Administrator (or it is simply 'administrator') Try just hitting the return key when it asks for the password.

Bill

sniper297
July 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
I don't have Vista or Win7, never actually saw either one, but from what I've read about it you can get all kinds of weird things if you don't have complete control over the system.

"i tried the adminstrator but its asking for a password that i dont know lolololol"

It's no "lol" matter, if it's your computer and you want to play games on it, you have to get control of it somehow. Otherwise you might as well not bother trying, there are very few problems that CAN be fixed if the system doesn't allow you to make changes to anything.

Retro00064
July 4th, 2011, 12:13 AM
UAC can be turned off easily. It is done from Control Panel. Go to User Accounts and click the link to "turn user account control on or off". For Windows 7, just move the slider down to the bottom (it says 'not recommended', but that's what you want to do anyway). In Vista, it is a checkbox that you UNcheck to make UAC go away.

Bill

Not what I would do. UAC is a security feature, and should not be much of an annoyance at all if your computer account is an Administrator account.

Regards.

HiBaller
July 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
UAC is a highly annoying "feature" that is intrusive and not even slightly necessary for someone who knows exactly what they are doing with their computers; as I do. I've been in the IT field as a programmer, systems analyst, hardware designer and instructor since 1963.

I agree that UAC may be useful for someone without good computer skills OR simply wants the backup for their actions. Me? I don't need it.

Bill

ct_krogen
July 4th, 2011, 01:53 PM
[quote=Retro00064;823409]Not what I would do. UAC is a security feature, and should not be much of an annoyance at all if your computer account is an Administrator account.

Regards.
that the first thing i done when i booted my computer turned uac off