PDA

View Full Version : What happened to game.ts2009.com?

SuperFudd
July 2nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Hi all,

When I now start my TS2009 I get a Comcast screen saying game.ts2009.com could not be found. should I care? It seems I cam still run Trainz.
Yes, my internet is via Comcast but I never got any such screen from them before.

bunkerrattmk2
July 2nd, 2011, 04:39 PM
i get the same thing ....trying to figure how to disable it ?

JCitron
July 3rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
It's annoying. I get it to0, and I particularly hate Comcast for this. It's as though they're snopping on my web habits because I have checked the options in my browser settings to do nothing instead of looking for a page, but that didn't fix it. Anyone else have any idea?

It doesn't seem to cause any issues other than being annoying which is a good thing!

John

Euphod
July 3rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Must be endemic to Comcast...I get it as well.

lorenw
July 3rd, 2011, 10:05 AM
Me three. Very distracting. But mine is TS 2010. :(

shaneturner12
July 3rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
After doing a couple of tests, some strange results have happened.

When I typed 'game.ts2009.com' into the Address bar the first time, Google appeared with some search results.

When I did it the second time, I got a Page cannot be displayed error.

Also, the ping command (in command prompt) cannot find the site either.

My theory is that the site either no longer exists, or is down.

Shane

JCitron
July 3rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
After doing a couple of tests, some strange results have happened.

When I typed 'game.ts2009.com' into the Address bar the first time, Google appeared with some search results.

When I did it the second time, I got a Page cannot be displayed error.

Also, the ping command (in command prompt) cannot find the site either.

My theory is that the site either no longer exists, or is down.

Shane

That was a great idea, Shane. Never thought to do it myself!

I would rather get a page cannot be displayed message than having Comcast (I among other have other names for them) intercept and put up a banner that cannot be disabled.

John

Paul_Bert
July 3rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
I also got this message several weeks ago. This is the solution I posted on another forum several weeks ago that turned off this message for me. Apparently the games site is not working at this point hence Trainz cannot link to it as in the past.

I am assuming you have Comcast. I entered game.ts2009.com into the Internet command line and got the same message. Included in the message was a link to your account where the feature could be disabled. After turning the feature from "on" to "off" I had to reboot both my computer and cable modem for the change to take effect.

You probably noticed that the message you receive while in the opening page of Trainz is static and none of the links work, hence the reason for having to enter game.ts2009.com directly into explorer.

SuperFudd
July 3rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
That didn't work.
I spent the last 45 minutes messing with the bleeping Comcast site and couldn't get it done inspite of Comcasts assurance that opting out is easy. I could not get to "High Speed Internet Settings" and so not the opt out page.:confused:

ct_krogen
July 3rd, 2011, 05:23 PM
[quote=SuperFudd;823253]That didn't work.
I spent the last 45 minutes messing with the bleeping Comcast site and couldn't get it done inspite of Comcasts assurance that opting out is easy. I could not get to "High Speed Internet Settings" and so not the opt out page.:confused:

oo great comcast just bought newwave... oo ome:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

lorenw
July 4th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Worked for me. :D Thank You Paul_Bert.