PDA

View Full Version : Help creating route

Northernrailman
June 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Hi all
I was planning on making a Network West Midlands route but i need some help doing it.
The route is based on the BVE4 Route but my version will have more trains running from various different operators.

I was going to do the route and the train diagrams but i need help with the following:
Scenery (Use screenshots from the route that i will email you)
New assets for stations and depots/Yards (Will email stations/Yards to you)
May need some trains emailing to me for it (GC 180/43, FTPE 185, XC 220/221, VT 220/221, C2C 357)
All help appreciated
Anthony

pware
June 30th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Anthony, are you asking people to create the scenery, locos and rolling stock for you? That is no small ask.

What is wrong with using existing assets that are already on the DLS or came with the Trainz installation - that is what most/all layout creators do. All the routes that I have created and placed onto the DLS used pre-existing assets that were as close as possible to right period and style. No-one is going to think any less of your route because the trees were not exactly right, or the station buildings did not exactly match reality. I, and most Trainz users, have never been anywhere near West Midlands so we would not know what is correct and what is not.

Northernrailman
June 30th, 2011, 07:13 AM
It is just a fictional route. Plus, i don't know how to create assets

pfx
June 30th, 2011, 09:59 AM
All the more reason to use existing assets. I've created both fictional and prototype routes and even in the prototype route there is very little by way of custom content (perhaps 4 or 5 scenery items?).

It may take some finding at times but chances are you're always going to come across something and say to yourself "now that's the ticket" (pun intended) and use if for your route.

As a starter, I'd look to using AJS platforms if you want to have fully flexible, passenger enabled stations. Other content creators to look out for are nexusdj, paulzmay, domsarto to name but a few. They've all produced assets which I'm almost certain you'll find to your liking.

Good luck.