PDA

View Full Version : Another Jointedrail problem

mccarrolli
June 3rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
I had recently gotten JR's Chessie GP40's, installed them into trainz 2010' and they don't work. I reinstalled them to TRS2010 again, and they still don't work. I them installed them into TRS2006 without reading the blinking note at the top (Don't ask how) and now all JR stuff in TRS2006, the USLW GP40's, and the # boards on some of SPORBUST loco's all don't work. All F7's don't work, USLW GP40's and # boards on SPORBUST content suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled, reinstalled some of the stuff and I also tried to fix some stuff, but for some reason still didn't work. Can Somebody help me out?!

sparky15
June 3rd, 2011, 08:09 PM
I'm having a bit of the same problem with TS12. But it's intermittent.
I get dump stack errors in TS12 with no locomotive numbers or number boards. Never the same units twice.
Older content works great in TS12 and TS2009 SP4. Even the new stuff is fine in TS09.
The Chessie GP40 will get dump stacks with no running numbers. The "golden" GM50 is unaffected.
The problem is between built in in TS12 and payware I added. Never happens to the same piece of content twice or at the same time.
Anything from USLW or the older freeware side of JR doesn't seem affected, except for the Chessie GP40.
Kind of weird.
When the errors start in TS12, I can add other built in locomotives with no problems. The JR ones will have them. All I have to do is exit out of the program, wait a few, and restart, the problem goes away.

Dave......

mccarrolli
June 3rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Well it's different in TRS2006. It was probably the GP40 regular because of the gecko script. I just don't know how to fix it because I'm just not that genius with computers.

EJB
June 3rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
you need to go to jointed rail website download the newer loco dependencies and probably the cab and engine sounds for 2012.
i couldn't get the chessie gp40 untile i downloaded the updated the new dependencies.
ejb

sparky15
June 3rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
Downloaded and installed all updates from the beginning, no change.
Still affects built in content.

Dave.........

yutzk
June 3rd, 2011, 09:34 PM
I had recently gotten JR's Chessie GP40's, installed them into trainz 2010' and they don't work. I reinstalled them to TRS2010 again, and they still don't work. I them installed them into TRS2006 without reading the blinking note at the top (Don't ask how) and now all JR stuff in TRS2006, the USLW GP40's, and the # boards on some of SPORBUST loco's all don't work. All F7's don't work, USLW GP40's and # boards on SPORBUST content suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled, reinstalled some of the stuff and I also tried to fix some stuff, but for some reason still didn't work. Can Somebody help me out?!

Installing the Chessie GP40 into 2006 will break pretty much anything else in there that was already there. Try reverting some of the dependencies for the Chessie GP40 to the original files and this may fix it for you.

The Chessie GP has new pieces that dont work correctly in 2006 since some of the scripting supported in 2009 and up doesnt work in 2006.

norfolksouthern37
June 3rd, 2011, 11:56 PM
you should be a little more specific about them not wroking in TS2010. just saying they dont work doesnt give me any clue as to what you might have done or not done to cause that.

as for TRS06, i cant help you there, i just know that putting build 2.9 items in it will certainly cause issues.

mccarrolli
June 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM
In 2010, when I click on the loco it doesn't show up in the view loco under the list of trains. EJB, I am not using trainz 2012 for the last time. I have 2010 and 2006. Yutkz, I uninstalled the GP40 and re-installed a lot of the loco's. All of my loco's worked just fine until I installed the GP40's. I will re-install the JR stuff except the GP40's. The USLW content has faulty asset stuff, I don't know how to fix it, and if you can help me with installing the faulty asset stuff, that would be nice. The stuff that is not working in USLW is the NS, CSX, RI, LIRR, and NY&R, GP40's. I don't understand the "try reverting the dependencies" stuff. Do you mean that I have to change the dependencies. I would like to know how to fix this stuff for future reference. Please PM the procedure to me.

sparky15
June 4th, 2011, 12:39 PM
FWIW, in TS2012, I deleted the JointedRail Effects Library that I downloaded with the payware locomotives and everything is working great. No more dump stack errors on any JR locomotives.

Mccarrolli, for the errors you're getting.
On the CSX C40-8's:
Open for edit. In the mesh body folder, run the body im. file through Pev's PM2IM.
There is a nose.texture file. Open it with notepad and change Nose.tga to nose.tga, seems to be case sensitive.

For the GP40's:
Open for edit. In the mesh body folder, run the body im. file through Pev's PM2IM. That should take care of the digit errors.
There is a dsah_dials TGA. Rename it to dash_dials.
Delete the brake01.texture.
Create a 16 by 16 pixel TGA in Infranview and name it map0. Put it in the mesh body folder. Open the map0-map0.texture file in notepad, delete the Alpha line if there is one.
Any illegal character errors, open each .texture file and make sure it doesn't have any weird characters. If it does, delete it.
Some of the CSX GP40's will show a missing cab. You'll have to open the config file and find the extra cab and delete it. It should be in the bottom section under interior, the correct one is on the bottom line.

Basically, every TGA should have a corresponding .texture file. Make sure both are the same and spelled the same. This should clear up most errors.

Dave......

mccarrolli
June 6th, 2011, 09:21 PM
FWIW, in TS2012, I deleted the JointedRail Effects Library that I downloaded with the payware locomotives and everything is working great. No more dump stack errors on any JR locomotives.

Mccarrolli, for the errors you're getting.
On the CSX C40-8's:
Open for edit. In the mesh body folder, run the body im. file through Pev's PM2IM.
There is a nose.texture file. Open it with notepad and change Nose.tga to nose.tga, seems to be case sensitive.

For the GP40's:
Open for edit. In the mesh body folder, run the body im. file through Pev's PM2IM. That should take care of the digit errors.
There is a dsah_dials TGA. Rename it to dash_dials.
Delete the brake01.texture.
Create a 16 by 16 pixel TGA in Infranview and name it map0. Put it in the mesh body folder. Open the map0-map0.texture file in notepad, delete the Alpha line if there is one.
Any illegal character errors, open each .texture file and make sure it doesn't have any weird characters. If it does, delete it.
Some of the CSX GP40's will show a missing cab. You'll have to open the config file and find the extra cab and delete it. It should be in the bottom section under interior, the correct one is on the bottom line.

Basically, every TGA should have a corresponding .texture file. Make sure both are the same and spelled the same. This should clear up most errors.

Dave......

I don't understand that. It is SPORBUST's UP C44's that don't have 3 boards. I don't have Pev's PM2IM, It works differently in 2006, the cab is Spartan Cab. There are 2 spartan cabs and one is the in-game. I don't understand most of this. I also don't know what an "Infranview" and I also don't know how to make a 16 by 16 pixel TGA. I am not that genious with computers. I just know how to replace assets in the CCP. All I want is for the CSX GP40's to work. It has the "Faulty Asset" ico when I view it in the CMP. Please have a less complicated explanation for TRS 2006. I don't play TRS2010 very much because when I brought all of the content over to TRS2010, alot of my good content and routes either didn't show up or didn't work in the game. Assets are missing that I previously downloaded directly from the DLS to the CMP. Tell me the TRS2006 tutorial and not the TRS2012 or the TRS2010 or the TRS2009 tutorial. Tell me the TRS2006 tutorial. You can't expect to be the same in every game, sparky15,it is different.

cweis127
June 6th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I know mines the same way.

I have '06 and my Download Helper doesnt work and i have the best internet conection ive seen. My JR F7's dont work and dont show up either. Some works, but the ARN and product system wont work at all. Just a bunch of 'fatal error' BS:confused: :'( :( :n: It sucks

mccarrolli
June 6th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I know mines the same way.

I have '06 and my Download Helper doesnt work and i have the best internet conection ive seen. My JR F7's dont work and dont show up either. Some works, but the ARN and product system wont work at all. Just a bunch of 'fatal error' BS:confused: :'( :( :n: It sucks

Exactly, the products don't work for me either. What is the "special scripting" in the containers and trailers?

sparky15
June 6th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I thought you were using 2010, my bad.
I fixed mine a long time ago for 2006 and quite frankly forgot how I did it for that version. I don't want to give bad advice on that.
Sorry for the confusion.

Dave.....