PDA

View Full Version : iportals how to set them up

mevans2011
May 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
i have rail sim 2006 and am trying to connect the north and south iportals through the internet, does any one now how to do that

shaneturner12
May 22nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
You will only be able to use the Internet side of it if you know another user that also uses TRS2006 - if you wish to keep it in the same session/computer, you will need to set it to 'within same computer' (or equivalent), then set the destination IPortal ID.

You will need their username (if over the internet), as well as their IPortal ID if it is not the default.

You can setup the Iportals by using the ? option on the Buildings tab, then clicking on the Iportal.

This is all from memory, as I am not actively using TRS2006 nowadays - I mainly use TS2009 now.

Shane

mevans2011
May 22nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
hi
i was given 2006 free of someone my laptop can not run 2009
i dont no what the destination IPortal ID is
do you no how to find out
i can not find this "option on the Buildings tab" any were in the options menu
matthew

shaneturner12
May 22nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
It's an icon, not an option in the Options menu/box.

It will be on the same tab used to place buildings.

Most of the time, the Destination IPortal ID can be left blank, unless advised otherwise by the other user you are exchanging trains with (usually only happens if there is more than 1 IPortal in a layout)

Shane

mevans2011
May 22nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
hi
to place buildings i would assume this would be in the surveyor for that portal i have had a look at the manual and it talks about the iportal but not were to find the settings, i also there seems to talk about how trainz exchange
matthew

danny5
May 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
you can run trains thur iportal via internet & within your computer.
To set up a iportal!
1= place one on the route. Give it enoght track that your train will come completly out of the iportal with room to spair before the first signal.
2= Name your iportal.(somthing short)
3= Iportal ID (again something short,lower case,no spaces) like mine.
4= send to user (lease blank for now)
5=Destination iportal ID (leave blank for now)
6= send train (default via internet can be changed to within this computer)
7= Check for trains (i set this to 60 minutes. You can release a train as soon as you receve it or when every you want to within that 60 minutes after the 60 minutes is up the train will come out on it's own)
8= Driver mode after create.(leave this to manual)
Now add under edit session rules = Panel selector rule. If not there then you will have to down load it kuid2:30671:60010:3. This rule will give you a list of all the iportals on your route and you can then add where you want to send the train.(to send a train into iportal A and have it come out iportal B you would set iportal A (send to user mevens2011/Dest.iportal ID B)Train should arive in about 20 sec.
If you send a train to someone they must have the same cars,wagons, & engines that you are sending.
NOTE= iportals won't tranfer no more then 45 cars with engines.(at lease when i was running them.)