PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Enableing

Trainlover16
April 4th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I have some GREAT amfleets (there from AMTZ's site) but they are not passenger enabled. Can anyone passenger enable them for me or for the public so that these great cars can be complete? Please Reply.

As a matter of fact these Amfleets need good interiors aswell.

pware
April 4th, 2011, 10:37 PM
It is relatively easy to passenger enable rolling stock so that the passengers will load/unload (disappear/appear on the platform) - a few extra lines have to be added to the rolling stocks config.txt file, BUT to make the passengers visible inside the carriage will require the original asset creator to make the modifications as this will require attachment points to be added to the mesh (or whatever).

If you open up the config.txt file of any passenger enabled car you will see something like:-

queues
{
passengers
{
size 50
initial-count 0
passenger-queue "1"
product-kuid <kuid:-3:10060>
}
}

there could be a section detailing the attachment points - ignore this. You will need to add these lines into the config.txt file.

Trainlover16
April 11th, 2011, 03:39 PM
ok so I tried this repeatedly and no luck any suggestions?

johnwhelan
April 11th, 2011, 06:04 PM
ok so I tried this repeatedly and no luck any suggestions?

Quote a kuid so we can show you where to put the lines in the config.txt file?

Cheerio John

Trainlover16
April 11th, 2011, 08:26 PM
<kuid:104609:1213>

LGBMATT
April 11th, 2011, 11:07 PM
You do not have TRS2004, but TrainzObjectz had a feature where you can make any type of rolling stock (ie: locomotives, tenders, freight cars, passenger cars, cabooses, etc) accept invisible passengers. It was great because you choose the number of passengers each car can carry maximum and how many it started with. This was really helpful for the older passenger cars that did not come passenger enabled. I wonder if CMP2 has a similar function.

johnwhelan
April 12th, 2011, 10:41 AM
<kuid:104609:1213>

I don't seem to have that one nor is it on the DLS however if you right click it in CM whatever edit, edit in explorer, edit config.txt file then cut and paste the queue lines in message 2 immediately before the kuid-table that should work fine.

Have a look at one that is passenger enabled. I might set the initial-count to 15

Cheerio John

mity22
December 1st, 2011, 05:24 PM
It is relatively easy to passenger enable rolling stock so that the passengers will load/unload (disappear/appear on the platform) - a few extra lines have to be added to the rolling stocks config.txt file, BUT to make the passengers visible inside the carriage will require the original asset creator to make the modifications as this will require attachment points to be added to the mesh (or whatever).

If you open up the config.txt file of any passenger enabled car you will see something like:-

queues
{
passengers
{
size 50
initial-count 0
passenger-queue "1"
product-kuid <kuid:-3:10060>
}
}

there could be a section detailing the attachment points - ignore this. You will need to add these lines into the config.txt file.

I think using PEVS attachment maker for private use you can make passengers appear by making a new mesh correct me if I am wrong?

pware
December 1st, 2011, 06:07 PM
I think using PEVS attachment maker for private use you can make passengers appear by making a new mesh correct me if I am wrong?

If you mean passengers appearing inside the car, then I don't think that it is as simple as that. Most (all??) non-passenger enabled cars would be made without interior views and perhaps with opaque windows - what would be the point of having transparent windows if there is nothing inside to see? .. and if the designer did have transparent windows and internal seats then why did not he/she go the extra step of adding the few lines of code to make it passenger enabled?

ray_whiley
December 3rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
@LGBMATT

TrainzObjectz had a feature where you can make any type of rolling stock (ie: locomotives, tenders, freight cars, passenger cars, cabooses, etc) accept invisible passengers.

I've used TranzObjectz frequently over the years but never came across this feature - nor can I find it now. Could you help by giving more details, please, as I would very much like to make some of my own rolling stock (created in TRS2004 days) passenger-enabled.

Ray

stagecoach
December 3rd, 2011, 05:09 PM
You select the wagon in TO and right click, somewhere near the top it should say enable passengers or something similar. Make sure you have the last version of TO as I dont think it was in the earlier ones.